1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask a member of site staff!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Important !! MKBoards will be moving to a new domain. Please read this thread. for details. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

Important WL Ruleset Changelog

Discussion in 'Help, Information, & News' started by Kneekoe, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazz

Jazz

• Founding Member
    Team:
    βλ
    Update

Change: Addition of Rule IX. c.iii.

c.iii. For trolling penalties, the trolled team must provide the full race including final results as evidence.

Reason: This allows both Councils to have more of an understanding how much the troll impacted the final result of the race.

Ryan. and Yasu like this.
  2. Jazz

Jazz

• Founding Member
    Team:
    βλ
    Update - Completely new transfer section rewrite

Change: Addition of Rule IV. a.iii. and Modification of Rule IV. a., a.i., a.ii.

a. Players must register with their own IP address and friend code(s) and not any other participant’s.
    a.i. Exceptions can be made for players living in the same household and must be addressed to and approved by a registration admin. Guests are also allowed, so long as they are registered on MKBoards and prove that they are the guest in question.

a. Players must register with their own IP address and friend code(s), not those of any other participant. This means that players must register themselves, as opposed to having team representatives post their player registration for them.
    a.i. Exceptions can be made for players living in the same household, however they must be approved by the council in advance.
    a.ii. Guests are allowed to play during a match, so long as the opposing team is able to confirm that the guest in question is a player registered on MKBoards, and signed up for the correct team.
    a.iii. The council and/or registration admins have the right to decline registrations on the grounds of alt suspicion, and can also delay the processing of a registration if required.

Reason: There have been cases in the past seasons that people have tried to alt using different consoles, so this rule allows us to decline them if we feel there are any grounds of suspicion.

Change: Modification of Rule IV. b.

b. Players may only register for one team, and a thread for that team must exist on MKBoards.

b. Players may only register for one team per track type, and a thread for the team must exist as a Team Registration within the Wiimmfi League.

Reason: Technically people could be like “Hey so I can just sign up for one team?” when there are numerous track types. Also, we’ve had people register for clans that don’t even have registrations.

Change: Modification of Rule IV. c.

c. Players may register up to two consoles (or two save-files). If a player is registering more than one save-file, there must be proof that they are both linked to that person.

c. Players may register up to two consoles (or two save files).
    c.i. If a player is registering more than one console/save, there must be proof that both are linked to that person.

Reason: Like a few other rules, splitting it to be easier to read, also for some reason only save files were mentioned in the second half.

Change: Modification of Rule IV. e., e.i.

e. Players who make their registration, transfer posts, or FC updates after Friday @11:59 PM ET will be ineligible to play with those updates for that week's match.
    e.i. When a player registers or transfers to a team there must be significant proof of permission from a representative of the destination team (unless they are a representative of said destination team).
    e.ii. If a team representative is transferring a player out of their team, to a different branch of their team (ex: ¢β1 to ¢β2), or to the same team for custom tracks (ex: LL + CL), they do not need permission. All other registration update threads may only be made by the player.
    e.iii. Newly registered/transferred players may not participate in wars originally scheduled before their request was made.
    e.iv. The council has the power to deny any player transferring down divisions if they deem the transfer in question to be inappropriate or in violation of the minimum division listing.

e. Players may update their Friend Codes at any time prior to the match.
    e.i. If there is sufficient proof that an update has not been performed in time, the player will be considered ineligible to play and may be punished according to IV. g.

Reason: Turning e. in to a rule solely for FCs, in favour of making Transfers and Registrations clearer. Minimum divisions have been scrapped, so that rule is un-needed altogether. IV.g. is the rule about invalid transfers/updates being punished with -150 or the players’ points (whichever is greater).

Change: Addition of Rule IV. f.v.

f. Transfers mid-season to other teams may only be done at least three weeks after their registration/previous transfer, and prior to the default time for week 6. Please note that rule IV. e. still applies.
    f.i. Players may only transfer once during the season.
    f.ii. A player transferring from free agents is the only exception to f., provided they hadn't been registered for a team at any point during the season.
    f.iii. Players may only play one match per WL week, meaning that they cannot play in a W1 match, transfer to a different team, and then play in their new team’s W1 match.
    f.iv. If a player's team dies or a player is transferred to free agents by their leader, the player is allowed one free transfer. This free transfer bypasses both rule IV. f.i. and the 3 week buffer time between previous transfers/initial registration.

f. The Wiimmfi League has a mid-season registration and transfer period that takes place between 11:59pm Eastern Time of the Sunday in Week 5, and 11:59pm Eastern Time of the Friday prior to Week 6.
    f.i. Within this window, players may submit one transfer/registration, of which the council have the right to decline.
    f.ii. Transfers within the transfer window cannot be to a team that the player was in during the Preliminary Seedings stage.
    f.iii. Players who perform a transfer and/or registration may not play in matches where the default time is prior to their transfer. This means that, by transferring within the mid-season window, players would not be able to play matches for weeks 1-5.
    f.iv. Players may only play one match per WL week, so if for whatever reason a match is played during the window in advance, the player is not allowed to play for their new team up to that week.
    f.v. The only exceptions to the transfer and registration restrictions are:
    f.v.i. If a team dies and it is decided that the particular player is allowed to transfer.
    f.v.ii. If the player has been in Free Agents for the whole season, including the preliminary period.
    f.vi. Sufficient permission must be provided within any transfer or registration. This includes:
    f.vi.i. Valid printscreens of the leader/representative of a team permitting it.
    f.vi.ii. A post within the thread by a leader/representative confirming the registration and/or transfer.
    f.vi.iii. In the instance of a move between branches of a team (e.g. KG1 to KG2, or Bc RTs to Bc CTs where the person was not prior registered for a team on CTs), the leader may request the transfer themselves.
    f.vii. The council reserve the right to punish players and/or prevent them from being considered suitable to permit transfers for themselves or other players, if they believe that any insufficient permission, or deliberately faked permission, has been given.
    f.viii. The council reserve the right to decline any transfers or registrations. Reasons for this may be (but are not limited to) suspected alts (in which checks must be made) or potential unfair moves (e.g. stacking).

Reason: f., f.i. and f.ii. are very similar to those agreed by councils, following rules add the other areas required. Again, there is no minimum division system, so any mention of that is gone. At times, sufficient permission has not been given in time, and thus that needs to still be emphasised, although it could perhaps be condensed in to a rule like “Both registrations and transfers must follow the acceptable protocol here, failure to do so will lead to requests being declined.” F.vii. is basically to stop people thinking they’re funny by faking proof of people wanting to transfer. F.v. states the exceptions so as there’s no form of people trying to get their way around things.

Credit: @Stunky for re-creating the new registration section.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    merc, Stunky and Zagler like this.
  3. Jazz

Jazz

• Founding Member
    Team:
    βλ
    Update

Change: Modification of Rule VII. i.

i. After a reset, the host will wait a maximum of 8 minutes for players to join the room. If stalling is evident after all the players are in and room stability is good enough, a strike and then a host ban will ensue. This ban is independent on who the host was, it only matters if it's the same team both times.

i. After a reset, the host will wait a maximum of 8 minutes for players to join the room. If stalling is evident after all the players are in and room stability is good enough, a strike will be given to the entire roster of the team. If a second offence occurs, in the same match or a different one, then a host ban will ensue for the entire roster and any remaining home matches will be hosted by the opposing team(s). The host-banned team will still be allowed to determine ruleset and engine class.

Reason: Both Councils have agreed that this rule needed to be a more harsher punishment in order to prevent stalling from happening. The strike will apply to the entire team, not just the player. That way, if a team stalls once they are all given a strike, and if they do it a second time, they are all host banned and any remaining home matches must be hosted by the opposing team. They would still be allowed to choose ruleset, engine class etc. however the right to host and have 1st place in room would be given to the other team. Other reasons why the entire roster will be getting a strike is because the team could just sub in different people to stall and, once again, find a loophole in the system. That is far more likely to stop stalling in the league, as the strike would have some serious implications rather than something that all the teams can disregard easily.

GUNico likes this.
  4. Jazz

Jazz

• Founding Member
    Team:
    βλ
    Update

Change: Addition of Section XVII. with all other sections being moved down.

XXI. Playoffs
    a. Before the start of the season, Team Representatives will be voting for their teams in order to choose between having playoffs or no playoffs. There are 3 choices to pick from this:
    a.i. Best of 3 - Participating in 3 wars where the first team to win 2 wars win the division. The first seed will have a bagging advantage of choosing for the First and Third war.
    a.ii. 7 GP War - Participating in a 7 GP War where the team with the most amount of points at the end of the war wins. The first seed will have have host advantage and engine class choosing for the whole war The first seed will have bagging advantage for four GPs: GP1, GP3, GP5, GP7 while the second seed will have bagging advantage for three GPs: GP2, GP4, GP6.
    a.iii. No playoffs - There will be no playoffs after the ending of the last week which means whoever finishes first wins the division.

Reason: For whatever reason we never even had a playoffs rule for ages, but anyways, this season both Councils have decided to have 3 choices that the team representatives will have to choose during the start of the season: Best of 3, 7 GP War, or not playoffs. The reason we have kept the Best of 3 format is due to it still getting a good amount of support, so we felt it would be better to allow teams to choose between all 3 choices than just 2.

Change: Removal of Rule IV. f.v.

f.v. The only exceptions to the transfer and registration restrictions are:
    f.v.i. If a team dies and it is decided that the particular player is allowed to transfer.
    f.v.ii. If the player has been in Free Agents for the whole season, including the preliminary period.

Reason: Both Councils have decided that this rule will be removed due to the fact we strictly want every transfer to happen during the W5-W6 period. Therefore, teams that die and the players want a transfer, would have to wait until W5-W6 to do this. The same goes for New Player Registrations and Free Agents/Unseeded Teams.

5. Kneekoe

Kneekoe WL Staff

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    Jez's team
    Update

Removal of V. a.i (Mii Names)

a.i. None of the symbols shown in this picture are allowed to be used anywhere in a player's Mii name: http://i.imgur.com/gloUccJ.png.

Reason: was mostly deemed to be a filler rule with no real purpose.

______

Additions to/Rewording of XVII. Playoffs

a.i. Best of 3 - Participating in 3 wars where the first team to win 2 wars win the division. The first seed will have a bagging advantage of choosing for the First and Third war.
    a.ii. 7 GP War - Participating in a 7 GP War where the team with the most amount of points at the end of the war wins. The first seed will have have host advantage and engine class choosing for the whole war The first seed will have bagging advantage for four GPs: GP1, GP3, GP5, GP7 while the second seed will have bagging advantage for three GPs: GP2, GP4, GP6.

a.i. Best of 3 - The first team to win 2 wars wins the match. The higher seed will choose the bagging format for the first and third war.
    a.ii. 7 GP War - A 7 GP War where the team with the most points at the end of the war wins. The first seed will have have host advantage and engine class choosing for the whole war. The first seed will chose bagging ruleset for GP1, GP3, GP5, and GP7, while the second seed will chose bagging ruleset for GP2, GP4, and GP6. Each team will be granted 4 resets rather than 2. The resets will be distributed in the following manner:
    - 2 resets for GP1-GP3
    - 2 resets for GP4-GP7

Tracks from the first 3 GPs can be repicked in the final 4 GPs.

Reason: People still were left in the dark as to whether repicks are even allowed or not as well as if the amount of resets would remain the same or not as well.

_______

Change of IV. f (Registration)

f. The Wiimmfi League has a mid-season registration and transfer period that takes place between 11:59pm Eastern Time of the Sunday in Week 5, and 11:59pm Eastern Time of the Friday prior to Week 6.

f. The Wiimmfi League has a registration and transfer period that takes place up to 11:59pm Eastern Time of the Friday prior to Week 6.

Reason: The W5-W6 transfer window was abolished and the W1-W5 transfer window was reintroduced.

Removal of IV. fii (Registration)

f.ii. Transfers within the transfer window cannot be to a team that the player was in during the Preliminary Seedings stage.

Reason: Transfers will be filtered by Council for the time being again.

_______

Addition of new IV. g. (old IV. g. is now IV. h. and all other rules after were moved down) (Registration)

g. If approved by council beforehand, players registered for a lower-division subset of a team may play for a higher-division subset of that same team (for example: if Vitality 1 is seeded in division 1 and Vitality 2 is seeded in division 2, a player from Vitality 2 may play a match for Vitality 1, but a player from Vitality 1 may not play a match for Vitality 2). This may be performed only 3 times per season and does not apply for playoff matches. Bear in mind that players may only play 1 match per WL week.

Reason: In order to help out primary teams (in this example, VA1) to get 5 players via the help of their 2nd Team (VA2), should they require so.
    This however is merely just an offer from Council to teams who happen to have 2 squads seeded.

______

Change of X. e. (Disconnections & Player Compensation)

e. Should a player disconnect from the room after completely crossing the finish line and is shown last on the race results, the race result will be corrected to accommodate the player’s original finishing position (if sufficient proof is presented).

e. Should a player disconnect in close proximity to or after the finish line (approximately from their final wheelie onward), in which they're given an incorrect placement on the race's results, the race's results will be altered to reflect the player's original finishing position, should a POV be provided (the player must upload their own POV if they had not crossed the finish line yet).

Reason: In many cases, it's obvious where a person dcing before the line would've finished if they had no reasonable way of losing their spot.

_______

there will most likely be further edits soon.

OneRoyOne, T` and Killua like this.
  6. Kneekoe

Kneekoe WL Staff

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    Jez's team
    Update

Additions to XII. Conditionals

c. All ISO users abiding by Conditional Participation rules will load via USB Loader GX (any previously caught cheaters abiding by Conditional Participation rules may only complete their conditionals using one of the disc procedures). They must stream their conditionals via Skype call to either a council member or one of the opposing team's members. For the entire process, they must screen-share their full desktop screen and have their television visible via webcam or capture card. Council members or opponents confirming said player's conditionals may request the recorder to perform actions outside of the conditionals procedure for the purposes of proving that the conditionals weren't pre-recorded. Going offline will require steps c.i.-c.vii. to be redone. The procedure is as follows:
    c.i. Power the Wii or Wii U on and load the latest version of USB Loader GX.
    c.ii. Select the game Mario Kart Wii.
    c.iii. Select settings and then Game Load.
    c.iv. Set the Ocarina option to ON, and then save it.
    c.v. Go back to the game screen and select Start.
    c.vi. The following message should appear: "sd:/codes/RMC_.gct does not exist! Loading ga
    me without cheats." Select Continue.
    c.vii. Continue screen-sharing until you appear in the room.

c. All ISO users abiding by Conditional Participation rules will load via USB Loader GX (any previously caught cheaters abiding by Conditional Participation rules may only complete their conditionals using one of the disc procedures). They must stream their conditionals via Discord or Skype to either a council member or one of the opposing team's members. For the entire process, they must screen-share their full desktop screen and have their television visible via webcam or capture card. Council members or opponents confirming said player's conditionals may request the recorder to perform actions outside of the conditionals procedure for the purposes of proving that the conditionals weren't pre-recorded. Going offline will require steps c.i.-c.xi to be redone. The procedure is as follows:
    c.iii. Select Settings and then Game Load.
    c.v. Go back to Settings and then select Uninstall Menu.
    c.vi. Select Delete Cheat TXT and Delete Cheat GCT.
    c.vii. Go back to Settings and then Select Ocarina.
    c.viii. Select Download Now and then OK.
    c.ix. Set the Speedometer Online [mdmwii] or Speedometer Time Trials [mdmwii] code to ON, select Create, and then click OK.
    c.x. Go back to the game screen and select Start.
    c.xi. Continue screen-sharing until you appear in the room.

d. All Dolphin users abiding by Conditional Particpation rules must screen-share their conditionals via Discord or Skype to either a council member or one of the opposing team's members and load through either the latest official build of Dolphin or the latest stable Ishiiruka build. For the entire process, they must screen-share their full desktop screen and have the Dolphin window visible. Council members or opponents confirming said player's conditionals may request the recorder to perform actions outside of the conditionals procedure for the purposes of proving that the conditionals weren't pre-recorded. Going offline will require steps d.i.-d.viii. to be redone. The procedure is as follows:
    d.i. Open Documents\Dolphin Emulator\GameSettings and move RMC_01.ini to a different location.
    d.ii. Open Dolphin and select Config.
    d.iii. Change the Speed Limit to a different value than 100% (Normal Speed) and then back to 100%.
    d.iv. Turn on Enable Cheats (if it is already turned on, disable and re-enable it).
    d.v. Close Config. Right-click Mario Kart Wii in the games list and then select Properties.
    d.vi. Select the Gecko Codes tab and enable either Speedometer Online or Speedometer Time Trials.
    d.vii. Highlight Mario Kart Wii and select Play.
    d.viii. Continue screen-sharing until you appear in the room.

Reason: ISO procedure needed some updating and Dolphin still needed a procedure to be followed when doing conditionals.

____

Changes to IV. g (Registration)

g. If a player is caught playing for a team with an unregistered FC and/or invalid registration, that player will lose all of their points or receive a penalty of 150 points (whichever is greater).

g. If a player using an unregistered FC is proven to be a player registered for the team they played the match for, then no penalty will be given and a strike will be issued instead.

Reason: If the player in question can be identified properly regardless of them deciding to use an unregistered Friend Code, the penalty should not be that severe then.

_____

Removal of VI. b.v. and changes to b.vi. (Game Modifications)

b.v. If a host is caught with Track Availability set to "All Tracks" instead of "Nintendo Tracks", their team will receive a penalty of 5 points per race (60 points total if left on for the entire match) until that is changed to Nintendo Tracks.

b.vi. If a host is caught with Track Availability set to "All Tracks" or "Custom Tracks" instead of "Nintendo Tracks", they must close the room at the cost of one of their team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information). If there is proof that the host refused to reset, their team will forfeit the match.

b.vi. If a host is caught with Track Availability set to "All Tracks" or "Custom Tracks" instead of "Nintendo Tracks", they must close the room at the cost of one of their team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information). Races played with either of these settings on will not count toward the final score. If there is proof that the host refused to reset, their team will forfeit the match.

Reason: the rules contradicted each other (hence the removal of b.v.) and b.vi. was fixed in order to prevent CTGP features such as draggable blue shells, mii heads, etc.

______

Changes to VIII.c. (Match Structure)

c. Both teams are entitled to 2 resets per match (for disconnections and substitutes only). Each additional reset will incur a 20 point Penalty.

c. Both teams are entitled to 2 resets per match. Each additional reset will incur a 20 point penalty.

Reason: Resets don't necessarily occur because of those particular instances.

______

Changes to VII. b. and i. (Hosting)

b. Hosts must reset the room after each race someone disconnects if requested.

b. Hosts must reset the room if requested.

Reason: Council changing similar rules means this rule has to be adjusted to the changes taken prior.

i. After a reset, the host will wait a maximum of 8 minutes for players to join the room. If stalling is evident after all the players are in and room stability is good enough, a strike will be given to the entire roster of the team. If a second offence occurs, in the same match or a different one, then a host ban will ensue for the entire roster and any remaining home matches will be hosted by the opposing team(s). The host-banned team will still be allowed to determine ruleset and engine class.

i. After a reset, the host will wait a maximum of 15 minutes for players to join the room. If stalling is evident after all the players are in and room stability is good enough, a strike will be given to the lineup currently playing of a team rather than punishing the entire roster of a team. If a second offense occurs, in the same match or a different one, then a host ban will ensue for said lineup and any remaining home matches will be hosted by the opposing team(s). The host-banned team will still be allowed to determine ruleset and engine class.

Reason: Punishing the whole roster for that offence was deemed too harsh and joining room after a disconnection could technically take some time as well in cases of connection issues.

______

Changes to XVII. a.ii (Playoffs)

a.ii. 7 GP War - A 7 GP War where the team with the most points at the end of the war wins. The first seed will have have host advantage and engine class choosing for the whole war. The first seed will chose bagging ruleset for GP1, GP3, GP5, and GP7, while the second seed will chose bagging ruleset for GP2, GP4, and GP6. Each team will be granted 4 resets rather than 2. The resets will be distributed in the following manner:
    - 2 resets for GP1-GP3
    - 2 resets for GP4-GP7
    Tracks from the first 3 GPs can be repicked in the final 4 GPs.

- 2 resets for GP1-GP3
    - 2 resets for GP4-GP7
    Tracks from the first 3 GPs can be repicked in the final 4 GPs on Regular Tracks.

This however will not apply to Custom Tracks.

Reason: Repicks in case of a 7 GP war shouldn't apply to Custom Tracks due to how many more options Custom Tracks cover in comparison to Regular Tracks.

Note: There's a chance that there might be more to this soon eventually.

______

Saya and SiKH like this.
  7. Kneekoe

Kneekoe WL Staff

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    Jez's team
    Slight update

Change of XIII. b (Cheating)

b. Bans for cheating range from a season, 2 years, and permanent (other ban types and lengths are covered in the ruleset). Season bans are for minor incidents, while the default ban is 2 years. If a player is caught cheating while serving a ban an additional 2 year ban will be placed atop their current ban. Permanent bans will only be given if there is no other option for the Council regarding a player.

Reason: previous rule had a loophole danger, wording was adjusted.

__

Removal of VIII. g (Match Structure)

*g. Picking a Custom Track in CTGP-R due to the host havin the track availability set to “All Tracks” will require a restart of the room. The team whose player had their Custom Track pick selected will use one of their resets in this instance (see rule VIII. c. for more information).

Reason: Not needed anymore due to recent changes that have been performed.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  8. Kneekoe

Kneekoe WL Staff

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    Jez's team
    Small Update

Change to I. i. (General Rules)

i. Any sort of evidence that may result in a score change must be posted on the thread and/or brought to a staff member's attention within 48 hours after the match's result thread is posted. If this requirement is not met, the evidence will not be acknowledged by the council (this does not apply for cheating cases, improper conditionals, and/or improper registrations).

i. Any sort of evidence that may result in a score change must be posted on the thread and/or brought to a staff member's attention within 48 hours after the match's result thread is posted. If this requirement is not met, the evidence will not be acknowledged by the council (this does not apply for cheating cases, improper conditionals, game modifications, and/or improper registrations).

Reason: It was deemed that game modifications should be punished regardless of what the rule implies

_____

Addition to IV. f. (Registration)

f. The Wiimmfi League has a registration and transfer period that takes place up to 11:59pm Eastern Time of the Friday prior to Week 6.

f. The Wiimmfi League has a registration and transfer period that takes place up to 11:59pm Eastern Time of the Friday prior to Week 6. Players who perform a transfer and/or registration to a team are only eligable to play next week's match if their request is made by 11:59pm Eastern Time on the Thursday before the default time of said match.

Reason: some previous parts were edited out when rulebook edits were performed during the off-season.
    _____

Change to VIII. e.i (Match Structure)

e.i. Any usage of these glitches on the tracks above will result in a penalty of 100 points towards the player's team and his/her individual score (for every person performing a glitch) per race.

e.i. Any usage of these glitches on the tracks above will result in a penalty of 50 points towards the player's team and his/her individual score (for every person performing a glitch) per race.

Reason: 100 was deemed too harsh and was therefore reduced to 50.

Note: Subject to change.

9. Nio

Nio WL Staff

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Update

VI. Game Modifications has been rewritten for more concise wording and to include some new changes.

VI. Game Modifications

a. No game modifications are allowed (unless otherwise stated in VI. a.i. or VI. a.ii.).
    a.i. For disc users (CTGP-R), the following must always be set to "OFF" or "NO" - Remove Game Music?, 'My Stuff' Folder, Mii Heads on Minimap, Draggable Blue Shells, Speedometer; for hosts of the room, they must have the following settings - Track Availability = Nintendo Tracks, Specific Engine Class = Normal, Race Count = 4, Thundercloud Autofire = Normal, Thundercloud Effect = Normal, Room Encryption = OFF (if players not on CTGP-R are present, otherwise it is fine to have it set to ON), Available Vehicles = All Vehicles, Host Always Wins Vote = OFF.
    a.ii. For ISO users, the only modification that is allowed is one for the sole purpose of connecting to Wiimmfi.
    b. If any of the rules for disc users are broken, the player's team will receive a penalty based on how severely the game modification may have affected the match.
    - Video proof is required for incorrect settings, the staff reserves the right to rule any and all proof as invalid.
    b.i. If any player is caught using any type of game modification from the 'My Stuff' folder, their team will receive a penalty of 30 points per race with a max of 150 points or the points the player had (whichever is greater).
    b.ii. If any player is caught using Remove Game Music?, they will receive a penalty of 10 points per race (120 points total if left on for the entire match) until those are turned off.
    b.iii. If a host is caught with Thundercloud Autofire set to "OFF", Thundercloud Effect set to "Mega", or Host Always Wins Vote set to "ON", their team will be forced to reset the room at the cost of one of their resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information). If the host refuses to reset, their team will receive a penalty of 150 points.
    b.iv. If a host is caught with Track Availability set to "All Tracks" or "Custom Tracks" instead of "Nintendo Tracks", they must close the room at the cost of one of their team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information). Races played with either of these settings on will not count toward the final score. If there is proof that the host refused to reset, their team will forfeit the match.
    b.v. If a host is caught with Vehicle Availability set to anything but "All Vehicles", the war may proceed without any penalty unless a reset is requested. If a reset is requested, the host must close the room at the cost of one of their team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information). If the host refuses to close the room when a reset is requested, their team will receive a penalty of 150 points.
    b.vi. Unless a different setting is mutually agreed upon by both teams, a host caught with Specific Engine Class set to anything but "Normal" must close the room at the cost of one of their team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information). If the host refuses to reset, their team will receive a penalty of 8 points per race (96 point cap). The same penalty would also be given if the agreed upon settings are not set.
    b.vii. If a host is caught with Race Count set to above 4, they must close the room at any point before race 5 at the cost of one of their team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information). If there is proof that the host refused to reset before race 5, their team will receive a penalty of 30 points for each additional race played (up to 240 points in total penalties if 8 additional races are played).
    b.vii. If a host is caught with Race Count set to below 4, their team will lose a reset (see rule VIII. c. for more information) each time a GP ends (showing the final results screen with the Engine Class) without 4 races being completed.
    b.ix. If a host is caught with Room Encryption set to "ON" and the room freezes, the host's team will lose one of their resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and will have to set the setting to "OFF". If the room does not freeze, the war may proceed without any penalty.
    c. If an ISO user uses any illegal game modification (as stated in rule VI. a.ii.), they will receive a penalty of 150 points or have all of their points deducted (whichever is greater).

VI. Game Modifications

a. No game modifications are allowed during a match unless otherwise stated in VI. a.i. or VI. a.ii.
    a.i. CTGP-R users must set the following to "OFF" or "NO": Remove Game Music?, 'My Stuff' Folder, Mii Heads on Minimap, Draggable Blue Shells, Speedometer. Network Multiplayer Mode must be set to "Wiimmfi". Room hosts must have the following settings: Track Availability = Nintendo Tracks, Specific Engine Class = Normal, Race Count = 4, Thundercloud Autofire = Normal, Thundercloud Effect = Normal, Room Encryption = OFF (if only CTGP-R users are playing, it may be set to ON), Available Vehicles = All Vehicles, Host Always Wins Vote = OFF, Item Rain = OFF, All Items Can Land = OFF, Network Data Rate = Normal, Item Boxes = ON.
    a.ii. For ISO users, the only modifications that are allowed are for connecting to Wiimmfi and using High Data Rate.
    b. If a CTGP-R player uses any prohibited game modification(s) (video proof required), a penalty will be given based on how severely the game modification may have affected the match.
    b.i. A player caught using a game modification from the 'My Stuff' folder will receive a penalty of 30 points per race (150 point cap) or equal to the player's point total (whichever is greater) until the setting is corrected.
    b.ii. A player caught with Remove Game Music? set to "ON" will receive a penalty of 10 points per race until it is turned off.
    b.iii. A host caught with Track Availability set to "All Tracks" or "Custom Tracks", Thundercloud Autofire set to "OFF", Thundercloud Effect set to "Mega", Item Rain set to "ON", All Items Can Land set to "ON", and/or Item Boxes set to "OFF" must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting(s). Races played with any of these settings will not count toward the final score. If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will forfeit the match.
    b.iv. A host caught with Host Always Wins Vote set to "ON" must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting(s). If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will receive a 150 point penalty.
    b.v. If a host is caught with Vehicle Availability set to anything but "All Vehicles", the match may proceed unless a reset is requested. If requested, the host must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting. If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will receive a 150 point penalty.
    b.vi. Unless a different setting is mutually agreed upon by both teams, a host caught with Specific Engine Class set to anything but "Normal" must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting. The same must be done if the setting is different than the one mutually agreed upon. If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will receive a penalty of 8 points per race (96 point cap).
    b.vii. A host caught with Race Count set to above 4 must reset the room at any point before race 5, at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information), and correct the setting. If the host refuses to reset before race 5, his/her team will receive a penalty of 30 points for each additional race played.
    b.viii. If a host is caught with Race Count set to below 4, his/her team will lose a reset (see rule VIII. c. for more information) each time a Grand Prix ends (showing the final results screen with the Engine Class) without 4 races being completed.
    b.ix. If a host is caught with Room Encryption set to "ON" and the room doesn't freeze, the war may proceed without any penalty. Otherwise, the host's team will lose one of their resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and the host must correct the setting. If the host refuses to correct the setting, his/her team will forfeit the match.
    b.x. Unless a different setting is mutually agreed upon by both teams, a host caught with Network Data Rate set to anything but "Normal" must reset the room at the cost of one of his/her team's resets (see rule VIII. c. for more information) and correct the setting. If the host refuses to reset, his/her team will forfeit the match.
    c. If an ISO user uses any illegal game modification (as stated in rule VI. a.ii.), his/her team will receive a penalty of 150 points or equal to the player's point total (whichever is greater).
    d. If both teams mutually agree to set Network Data Rate to a setting other than "Normal", the host of the room must be a CTGP-R user, and all players in the match must abide by conditional participation rules (see section XII).

Main takeaways:
    • Item rain must be disabled during matches, and Item Boxes must be enabled.
    • High Data Rate (HDR) will be permitted as long as both teams agree to use it. However, this will require conditional participation from everyone in the room, since players who have it disabled (ISO users particularly) could potentially gain an advantage.
    • Races played with any of the wrong Thunder Cloud settings will not count toward the final score.

Section IX. has seen a similar revamp.

IX. Suicide Bagging & Trolling

a. "Suicide Bagging" rules are in effect by default. However, the home team has the choice of changing it to "Trolling" rules if the opponent is notified of it before the room is opened for the first time.
    b. Passing the line and then reversing is not considered being on the same lap as when you passed. For example, if you pass the line to get on lap 2 and then go behind the line, you are on lap 1.
    c. Suicide Bagging (a.k.a. NO Trolling)
    c.i. A player is not allowed to interfere with an opponent while being half a lap or greater behind the current 1st place position. This includes, but is not limited to, hitting them with an item (excluded items: Blooper, Lightning, and POW), taking their item box, and bumping them in some form (ex: wheelie-bumps, bumping into an in-game object). A player is not allowed to intentionally get him/herself trolled.
    c.ii. If the “Suicide Bagging” rules are in effect and are broken, penalties of 5, 10, 20 or 30 points will be given depending on the severity of each incident (assuming sufficient proof is presented).
    c.iii. For trolling penalties, the trolled team must provide the full race including final results as evidence.
    d. Trolling
    d.i. "Suicide Bagging" rules are not in effect.
    IX. "Bagging" Rules

a. "Suicide Bagging" rules are in effect by default for each match. However, the home team has the choice of selecting "Schlag Bagging" or "Trolling" instead if the opponent is notified before the room is opened for the first time.
    b. Passing the line and then reversing is not considered being on the same lap as when you passed. For example, if you pass the line to get on lap 2 and then go behind the line, you are on lap 1.
    c. A player who is less than half a lap behind the current first place position is a "racer". Otherwise, the player is a "bagger". "Trolling" is the act of impeding via in-game means (such as hitting a player with an item), and is subject to the indicated bagging ruleset.
    d. Suicide Bagging
    d.i. A bagger is not allowed to troll an opposing racer. This includes hitting them with/while under the effect of an item (excluded items: Blooper, POW, and Lightning), hitting them off the course, or into an in-game obstacle (car, Wiggler, Chain Chomp, etc.). While moving forward with respect to an opposing racer, they cannot block or unblock a competitively-viable route, bump them (but not off the course), or take their Item Box. A racer is not allowed to intentionally get him/herself trolled by an opposing bagger.
    d.ii. The council reserves the right to penalize any bagger who is believed to maliciously interfere with an opposing racer.
    e. Schlag Bagging
    e.i. A bagger is not allowed to troll an opposing racer by hitting them with/while under the effect of an item (excluded items: Thunder Cloud, Blooper, POW, and Lightning). A racer is not allowed to intentionally get him/herself trolled by an opposing bagger.
    e.ii. A bagger is not allowed to explode (when in the vicinity of an opposing racer) or bump an opposing racer into a Bomb-Car or cannonball.
    f. Trolling
    f.i. A bagger is allowed to troll an opposing racer.
    g. If "Suicide Bagging" or “Schlag Bagging” rules are in effect and are broken by a bagger, a penalty of 5, 10, or 20 points will be given depending on the severity of the incident (assuming sufficient proof is presented). Larger penalties may be given in very rare instances.

Main takeaways:
    • Modified suicide bagging ruleset, with the goal of decreasing minuscule penalties and instead providing focus to the trolling instances that are actually damaging.
    • New bagging ruleset added.

Expect more changes on the way.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  10. Nio

Nio WL Staff

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Update

Revision of IX. e.ii.
    e.ii. A bagger is not allowed to explode (when in the vicinity of an opposing racer) or bump an opposing racer into a Bomb-Car or cannonball.
    e.ii. A bagger is not allowed to explode (when in the vicinity of an opposing racer) or bump an opposing racer into any obstacle that causes an explosion similar to that of a Bob-omb (ex: stray Bob-omb, Bomb-car, cannonball).
    Reason: the rule is intended to also include stray bombs (bombs dropped from shocks and the like), so this needed to be rephrased.

Revision of XIX. a.i.
    a.i. The scheduled date/time may be changed if it interferes with a scheduled MKU match, or if timezone issues regarding a team justifies it. If all teams in the division are not in agreement with the changed date/time however, the team requesting the change will not have their request fulfilled.
    a.i. A team's default date/time for home matches may be changed if, for nearly the majority of the team's members, it resolves a scheduling conflict spawned from timezone complications, religious holidays, and/or a separate Mario Kart league. This change will require Council's approval.
    Reason: we believe this is the most logical way to deal with default time changes. It's unfair to other teams in a division if one team's default time gets precedent for every match. At the same time, we want to allow as many teams as possible to comfortably participate, even if this means changing a default time. Therefore, this seems like a fair middle ground. Please note that the changes should deviate from the standard default time (2 est) as little as possible.

Revision of IV. g.
    g. If approved by council beforehand, players registered for a lower-division subset of a team may play for a higher-division subset of that same team (Example: if Vitality 1 is seeded in division 1 and Vitality 2 is seeded in division 2, a player from Vitality 2 may play a match for Vitality 1, but a player from Vitality 1 may not play a match for Vitality 2). This may be performed only 3 times per season and does not apply for playoff matches. Bear in mind that players may only play 1 match per WL week.
    g. If approved by council beforehand, players registered for a lower-division subset of a team may play a match for a higher-division subset of that same team (example: if Team A is seeded in division 1, Team B is seeded in division 2, and Team C is seeded in division 3, a player from Team B/C may play a match for Team A, but a player from Team A may not play a match for Team B/C). This may be performed a maximum of 3 times per season per team (Team A can use a player from Team B/C a maximum of 3 times in a given season). Bear in mind that players may only play 1 match per WL week.
    Reason: clarified what the "3 times per season" meant since it was somewhat vague. We also decided that this rule should apply during playoffs, as it is often the toughest time to reschedule matches, and should make free wins during playoffs less frequent.

11. Nio

Nio WL Staff

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Update

Revision of XII.c. and XII.d.
    c. All ISO users abiding by Conditional Participation rules will load via USB Loader GX (any previously caught cheaters abiding by Conditional Participation rules may only complete their conditionals using one of the disc procedures). They must screen-share their conditionals via Discord or Skype to either a council member or one of the opposing team's members. For the entire process, they must screen-share their full desktop screen and have their television visible via webcam or capture card. Council members or opponents confirming said player's conditionals may request the recorder to perform actions outside of the conditionals procedure for the purposes of proving that the conditionals weren't pre-recorded. Going offline will require steps c.i.-c.xi. to be redone. The procedure is as follows:
    c.iii. Select settings and then Game Load.
    c.v. Go back to Settings and then select Uninstall Menu.
    c.vi. Select Delete Cheat TXT andDelete Cheat GCT.
    c.vii. Go back to Settings and then Select Ocarina.
    c.viii. Select Download Now and then OK.
    c.ix. Set the Speedometer Online [mdmwii] or Speedometer Time Trials[mdmwii] code to ON, select Create, and then click OK.
    c.x. Go back to the game screen and select Start.
    c.xi. Continue screen-sharing until you appear in the room.

d. All Dolphin users abiding by Conditional Participation rules must screen-share their conditionals via Discord or Skype to either a Council member or one of the opposing team's members and load through either the latest official build of Dolphin or the latest stable Ishiiruka build. For the entire process, they must screen-share their full desktop screen and have the Dolphin window visible. Council members or opponents confirming said player's conditionals may request the recorder to perform actions outside of the conditionals procedure for the purposes of proving that the conditionals weren't pre-recorded. Going offline will require steps d.i.-d.viii. to be redone. The procedure is as follows:
    d.i. Open Documents\Dolphin Emulator\GameSettings and move RMC_01.ini to a different location.
    d.ii. Open Dolphin and select Config.
    d.iii. Change the Speed Limit to a different value than 100% (Normal Speed) and then back to 100%.
    d.iv. Turn on Enable Cheats (if it is already turned on, disable and re-enable it).
    d.v. Close Config. Right-click Mario Kart Wii in the games list and then select Properties.
    d.vi. Select the Gecko Codes tab and enable either Speedometer Online or Speedometer Time Trials.
    d.vii. Highlight Mario Kart Wii and select Play.
    d.viii. Continue screen-sharing until youappear in the room.
    c. All ISO users abiding by Conditional Participation rules must have Wiixplorer installed and load Mario Kart Wii via USB Loader GX. They must screen-share their conditionals via Discord or Skype to either a council member or one of the opposing team's members. For the entire process, they must screen-share their full desktop screen and have their television visible via webcam. Council members or opponents confirming said player's conditionals may request the recorder to perform actions outside of the conditionals procedure for the purposes of proving that the conditionals weren't pre-recorded. Leaving the room will require steps c.i.-c.xii. to be redone. The procedure is as follows:
    c.i. Prior to screen-sharing, download one of the permitted GCTs from the WL-Verified GCTs Google Drive folder, and place it in the codes folder on your SD card. Once this step is completed, begin screen-sharing.
    c.ii. Turn on your Wii or Wii U and load the latest version of WiiXplorer.
    c.iii. Select the codes folder on your SD card, and then the GCT you downloaded.
    c.iv. Press Z on your Gamecube Controller or + on your Wii Remote to bring up a "right-click" menu, and choose MD5 Checker.
    c.iv. Open the MD5.log file that was created. If another already exists, delete it.
    c.v. The person confirming your conditionals will verify that the MD5 hash within MD5.log matches the one posted under the file in the Google Drive folder. Proceed once they have verified it.
    c.vi. Use your webcam to show that the Wii or Wii U being used is the one that is hooked up to your TV, while the Wii or Wii U's SD card door is open. Continue to do this until you have loaded the latest version of USB Loader GX.
    c.vii. Do not select a game and select Settings.
    c.viii. Select Settings and then Custom Paths on page 2. Ensure sure GCT Cheatcodes Path says sd:/codes/.
    c.ix. Exit Settings and select the game Mario Kart Wii.
    c.x. Select settings and then Game Load.
    c.xi. Set the Ocarina option to ON, and then save it.
    c.xii. Go back to the game screen and select Start.
    c.xiii. Continue screen-sharing until you appear in the room.

d. All Dolphin users abiding by Conditional Participation rules must screen-share their conditionals via Discord or Skype to either a Council member or a member of the opposing team. They must load Mario Kart Wii through either the latest official build of Dolphin or Ishiiruka. For the entire process, they must screen-share their full desktop screen and have the Dolphin window visible. Council members or opponents confirming said player's conditionals may request the recorder to perform actions outside of the conditionals procedure for the purposes of proving that the conditionals weren't pre-recorded. Leaving the room will require steps d.i.-d.xiii. to be redone. The procedure is as follows:
    d.i. In File Explorer for Windows users or Finder for Mac users, open Documents\Dolphin Emulator\GameSettings and move RMC_01.ini to a different location or delete it.
    d.ii. Download the RMC_01.ini file from the WL-Verified INIs Google Drive folder that corresponds with your region.
    d.iii. Download HashTab and install it.
    d.iv. Right-click the RMC_01.ini file you downloaded, and select Properties. Check the "Unblock" box and select Apply.
    d.v. Click the File Hashes tab that was added and select MD5. In the WL-Verified INIs Google Drive folder, copy the MD5 hash for your RMC_01.ini file to your clipboard. The MD5 Hash will copy over to the text field in the File Hashes tab, and a green check mark should appear. A green check mark MUST appear in order to proceed.
    d.vi. Close the properties window, open Dolphin, and select Config.
    d.vii. Change the Speed Limit to a value than 100% (Normal Speed), and then back to 100%.
    d.ix. Turn on Enable Cheats (if it is already turned on, disable and re-enable it).
    d.x. Close Config. Right-click Mario Kart Wii in the games list and then select Properties.
    d.xi. Select the Gecko Codes tab and enable the code(s) you want from the INI file downloaded in step d.ii..
    d.xii. Highlight Mario Kart Wii and select Play.
    d.xiii. Continue screen-sharing until you appear in the room.
    There will be a hyperlink to each Google Drive on the rules thread and on the thread linked below.

Reason: Old method doesn't work anymore.

Please note that this change will be in effect for S13W3 matches and onward. For video tutorials please visit this thread.

Other minor changes:

d.i. A bagger is not allowed to troll an opposing racer. This includes hitting them with/while under the effect of an item (excluded items: Blooper, POW, and Lightning), hitting them off the course, or into an in-game obstacle (car, Wiggler, Chain Chomp, etc.). While moving forward with respect to an opposing racer, they cannot block or unblock a competitively-viable route, bump them (but not off the course), or take their Item Box. A racer is not allowed to intentionally get him/herself trolled by an opposing bagger.
    d.i. A bagger is not allowed to troll an opposing racer. This includes hitting them with/while under the effect of an item (excluded items: Blooper, POW, and Lightning), hitting them off the course, or into an in-game obstacle (car, Wiggler, Chain Chomp, etc.). While moving forward with respect to an opposing racer, they cannot block or unblock a competitively-viable route, bump them, or take their Item Box. A racer is not allowed to intentionally get him/herself trolled by an opposing bagger.
    f.ii. Players who perform a transfer and/or registration may not play in matches where the default time is prior to their transfer. This means that, by transferring within the mid-season window, players would not be able to play matches for weeks 1-5.
    f.ii.Players who perform a transfer or registration may not play in a match whose default time precedes the making of the transfer or registration thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.