1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask a member of site staff!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Important !! MKBoards will be moving to a new domain. Please read this thread. for details. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

[W9] Su 207 - 355 RΣ ✔

Discussion in 'Division 2: Blue Shell' started by me, May 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon.

Simon.

@Proto
    Jazz never came home from his party (and still isn't home, incidentally), so Storm was our only option. We got the thumbs up from KD, so we went with it.

[21:21:46] Simon: btw
    [21:21:52] Simon: to answer your thing on the thread
    [21:22:00] Simon: I spoke to kd because Viraith is the shittiest div admin
    [21:22:02] Simon: he is NEVER online
    [21:22:04] Simon: when we need him
    [21:22:10] Simon: he comes online like 3 hours after csl

~Maidvelia❤~ likes this.
  2. Veil.

Veil. fading into darkness

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member

This I agree with, miscommunication in the staff on decisions are not to be blamed on the team. However, it is the team's responsibility to know the rules. Therefore, I think some form of compensation should be done for Su, or the staff needs to do something about this on KD as he was partially the reason why Su was mislead. For future references, you should just refer to the Division Admin for questions (through I reckon in this league the council can overrule the Division Admin and I do not know why that is possible).

Quinten and Simon. like this.
  3. Tzuzu

Tzuzu 美月 MKU Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    Team:
    If you guys gave moi a penalty for a fucking purple bandana and say rules are rules, how can they not give a penalty. As MKU Staff, Registrations + Transfers are grouped together, because you're moving your registration to another team. If there's no penalty im going to cry at how pathetic it is

Futile, Agger, cody☁ and 8 others like this.
  4. Tzuzu

Tzuzu 美月 MKU Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    Team:
    Also, Brian wants me to post this

Since a CSL staff member allowed the opposing team to break a rule without informing anyone else that it was going to happen, it's not completely their fault for breaking said rule since they were given the permission to do so (for some... reason). However, they should have known that it's against the rules to use a player who made a registration update on the match date (which, by the way, has never been allowed in any league since 2009) and questioned it by saying something like, "even though it's clearly stated that it's not allowed?" Therefore, looking at it from any other clan's viewpoint, it's a rulebreak, and no one except the two parties involved (KD and Simon in this case) were informed that they were going to be allowed to do such a thing.

It's a hard situation. The Survivors don't deserve a loss because they were told by a CSL staff member that using an unregistered player would be allowed, and Relapse doesn't deserve a loss because they weren't informed that The Survivors were going to be allowed to rulebreak without any consequences.

I don't know what's going to happen here now. Just please, CSL staff, make the best decision. Stuff like this seriously shouldn't be happening as often as it does.

Agger, x, Simon. and 2 others like this.
  5. ~Maidvelia❤~

~Maidvelia❤~ Red Like Roses WL Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    HD☆, U★, GE
    Wiimmfi FC:
    4297-4674-3102
    You can't just go off of assumptions. Maybe CSL has it different.

We also had a situation where it was assumed that 3v3 races weren't allowed after the GP started when that wasn't the case; they were. Only 3v3 at the start of the GP isn't allowed. Later we had to clarify the rules.

Now here's the kicker for me telling that to Su. The rule actually used to say "Registrations and transfers" before, but the word "transfers" was removed (for whatever reason o_O). That could mean transfers were now allowed.

Rules need to be clear or else things like this result.

6. Tamz

Tamz Keksimus Maximus

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Rosαlinα
    The rule was perfectly fine, you just needed to check with staff before deciding on your own but you didn't so now there's this mess to deal with, in all honestly idk how someone can read the rule about "registrations" and think "that must not mean transfers at all because the word isn't there" when anyone with common sense can figure out it included transfers.

aaanyway it's probably best if you leave this to Viraith and Council now
    also #modabuse:pepe:

7. ~Maidvelia❤~

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    HD☆, U★, GE
    Wiimmfi FC:
    4297-4674-3102
    It's not the rule, it's the fact the action of removing the word "transfers" from it happened. When that happens it looks like staff are fine w/ transfers.

EDIT: To further back up my point:

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    Simon. likes this.
  8. TGKiltron

TGKiltron The Great

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Forever Onward
    Sorry for mod abuse commenting on locked threads but...

Let's ignore the two teams at play and say that Team A played Team B. Team B used a player who was not properly registered. Obviously Team B would be penalized for this. The actual team itself should have no matter on how the rules are applied.

I also really don't see what the outcry is about. The 42 points do literally nothing. People are just hating on RE.

me and Lulumon like this.
  9. ~Maidvelia❤~

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    HD☆, U★, GE
    Wiimmfi FC:
    4297-4674-3102
    It's not -42 though, it's -150 (it's whatever is greater and 42 is less than 150).

EDIT: However, playing devil's advocate here... Storm's transfer wasn't approved according to @Tamz and it was Simon's responsibility to make sure it was. Just because a transfer thread is made, doesn't mean you can automatically play.

Yeah I said go for the transfer, but @MKWFanatic did you take the time to make sure he was actually transferred by someone? That's the important part here.

Since it wasn't approved, he is technically still unregistered during the match, meaning the -150 is actually fair.

I still stand by the fact that the rules need to have more clarification though.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    ace likes this.
  10. s

s pavement

• Founding Member
    Looked like a fun war. Good Games!

MZ, Daze, x and 2 others like this.
  11. Viraith

Viraith WL Staff

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    I can, and I will.

Not being able to contact me is on you; you left our Skype chat where I have my mobile Skype just in case anyone had last-second questions and/or concerns. Even if you posted in the chat I would've seen it way before the match.

----------

I'll start off with saying I am going to keep it consistent with previous decisions (i.e. Cobra's item spy). This isn't the only reason behind my decision however...

Transfers count as registrations, you're registering for another team. Filling out an "application" is necessary after all. This loophole argument is just pointless. Tamz is right, too; we've always ran it like that. Su is the first team to try and pull it off in the first place. Not to mention they didn't have to use Storm. Rescheduling or using another player (I'm sure they could've gotten a 5th, and if not then it's on them, again) were options. Su was not forced into this situation, for that I have no sympathy for them.

As for staff consent, shame on them for letting a team use a "loophole" (especially when it was illogical anyway). What's even worse is that they used the loophole as a way to cover their mistake up. Apologies to Su for the inconvenience but you're not the first victim of our staff shitting the bed.

I know this has been falsely promised before, but next season will have major improvement. On that note I'll shut my mouth because a. I'm not innocent either and b. people want to see the change before giving two shits.

Host penalty does not need explanation, proof is in Tyler's conditionals anyway.

This thread will remain locked, discussion that's actually worthwhile will take place in the D2 Skype chat. @MKWFanatic let me know if you want to be added back. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns my Skype is TheGoalie98.

Scores remains: Su 207 - 355 RΣ

----------

Updates to come soon, last week was a bit busy but that's on me (obviously). Sorry for the inconvenience, cheers.

~Maidvelia❤~ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.