1. For the foreseeable future, this website will be in a read-only state. Please visit https://mariokartboards.com/ for our new domain.

The site's current state

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Savannah, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Savannah

Savannah Thunder & Lightning

Team:
    Explorers of Time
    Heya, would just like to shed some light on what's been going on with the site and the staff.

Yesterday, there was a downtime from around 4pm EST to 6am EST. This is because the site's host was doing emergency maintenance ; the cause of the downtime was not related to Pyro/flc's recent thread on site issues. I do have some news regarding that thread, though! If you missed the posts I made on that thread, we got the issues with payment and the site maintenance admin role covered by two lovely users who stepped up within a week that thread was made. Their names will be unveiled in a later announcement :blackalien:

Meanwhile, behind the scenes, staff have been working hard to make 2017 a great year. All staff groups (including the time tutor heads) have been meeting and exchanging ideas as to how they can improve themselves and the site as well. I gotta say that there's a long list of changes we're going to make. They can't all be implemented in one day, even a week, or within the month, though you will start seeing some improvements roll out as soon as next weekend, maybe even sooner! Not to mention, all staff groups are going to be closely coordinating with each other next year. We have been drafting an event schedule for 2017 that will most likely be released in late January to early February (would be released earlier, but the Switch stops the MK8 staff from planning far ahead).

Get ready, 2017 is going to be a huuuuuuuuge step up from 2016 for the community.

Would also like to take the opportunity to wish everyone luck on their exams, tests, or other huge priorities they have this month. :singing:

Stay well,
    - Staff

Michael, Xiro, merc and 20 others like this.
  2. Silver

Silver Spicy Meme

Team:
    ╬▓attle cry
    Wiimmfi FC:
    0607-2969-0042
    thank the lord, I don't want this community dead (although some people do annoy me)

3. Spoofy

Spoofy

Team:
    Lu / Luck
    lets go :)