1. For the foreseeable future, this website will be in a read-only state. Please visit https://mariokartboards.com/ for our new domain.

Some changes to themes

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Nozzles, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Nozzles

Nozzles Winter is coming. Staff Member

• Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    Wiimmfi FC:
    0177-8005-5950
    Hello there,

For a while, from a design aspect, I have been dissatisfied with several of the current themes present on MKB, primarily the dark themes. A lot of them are just thrown together with no real uniformity, and many have color-clashing issues which decreases readability, as well as makes them generally not appeal to the "dark" theme nature.

In an effort to increase uniformity and attractiveness between the themes, as well as make it easier to perhaps add additional themes in the future, I have manually created a "palette" which I have currently applied to the "Dark - Animal Crossing (Winter)" theme.

I tried to make colors blend a little better to be easier on the eyes, as well as made it actually look like a proper dark theme. Comparisons between the new-version and old-version can be seen in the following spoiler:

Main Forum

Thread View List

Content in Threads

As you can also see, I have updated the background image to be much more clear, less blurry, and I also removed the black bars that were present in the top and bottom of the image. This is something that I would like to apply site-wide to all themes eventually, but only if a change is necessary.

I posted this in the Suggestions and Feedback section as a means of attempting to get feedback and opinions from the community. If people like what they see, that's great and I will work on tweaking the remaining 20-or-so dark themes to look similar in fashion to what's above. If people don't like the new look, that is also fine, I have the old Animal Crossing theme saved and can revert if majority is disapproving. I know a lot of you guys use this theme, so I figured it would be the best shot at getting feedback.

If majority is approving, I will likely begin updating the remaining themes during summer after the semester concludes.

tl;dr: I made some changes to Dark - Animal Crossing (Winter), do you like the changes and would like to see them similarly applied to all dark themes, or would you rather things stay the same?

Goomba, Jake and BoomerZBear like this.
  2. Nozzles

• Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    Wiimmfi FC:
    0177-8005-5950
    Also,

If I could please get opinions on these prefixes, as well:

New

Current

New

Current

Currently, the "New" ones are only applied to the "Night" theme. Again, if people would rather keep the current, I am fine with that.

3. BoomerZBear

BoomerZBear

Team:
    aN, Wa, AM
    Wiimmfi FC:
    1593-4209-3300
    Good idea. As a user of a dark theme myself (the red Bowser's Castle), I'm looking forward to it.

4. ~Maidvelia❤~

~Maidvelia❤~ Red Like Roses Staff Member

• Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    Team:
    HD☆, U★, GE
    Wiimmfi FC:
    4297-4674-3102
    Love all the new prefixes and the new design for the themes.

5. shiiguy

shiiguy

Team:
    Aurora
    overall everything is a lot better, defo switching to this theme

edit: spoilers look kinda funky though, maybe revert that back

Nozzles likes this.
  6. Nozzles

• Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    Wiimmfi FC:
    0177-8005-5950
    Yeah, I wasn’t really sure what to do with those. By default, they are really white and bright, so perhaps I’ll try to make them black, or a dark grey, maybe similar to the buttons below (Post Reply, Upload a File, etc). I’ll see what I can do about those; but noted, thanks.

7. Teeples

Teeples http://i.imgur.com/wZdLxlV.jpg

Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
    new prefixes make me hard.

Nozzles likes this.
  8. Xiro

Xiro

i've been on this forum for like almost 5 years and i never realized there were dark themes