1. For the foreseeable future, this website will be in a read-only state. Please visit https://mariokartboards.com/ for our new domain.

Seven League, Tutor Staff updates & more news

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Savannah, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Savannah

Savannah Thunder & Lightning

Team:
    Explorers of Time
    7L ~ Seven League
    To quote Akira's post on the Seven League announcement thread:

You can read more here: http://www.forums.mkboards.com/threads/seven-league-initial-announcement-information.30822/

Current Seven League Staff Team: @KingAkira @Typhoon @Hiro. @KP♪ @Savannah @Reno
    As stated on the thread linked above, staff applications for Seven League are open! We are mainly in need of council members and registration admins, but we are taking applicants for division admins and graphics artists. You can read more on this thread!

Have questions or want to actively discuss the league? Join the 7L Discord server!

Team registrations are open and welcome, so feel free to sign your team up! We hope the first season of the league can be enjoyable for everyone, and a successful one at that.

In the meantime, if you're looking for a way to play MK7 wars, you should check out the MK7 Discord war lounge!

Tutor Staff
    We asked for tutor staff applicants on this thread about the Time Tutor Reform, and we have chosen our new tutors! Please welcome our reformed Tutor Staff team:

MK8: @Jordan @John S @SuperFX @robel
    MKWii: @Apolo @Jeff @Barney @Kasper @Vincent B
    MKWii CTs: @rubified @Simon. @Myth_CM @Jeff
    All: @Xandzr

All are currently working on setting up the new improvement subforums, bringing new content, and planning for the future of the improvement section! Stay tuned.

Event Schedule
    As I've stated in previous announcements, all event staff groups (MKU, WL, TO Staff) were meeting throughout December, January, and earlier this month, February. You can view it here: http://tinyurl.com/mkboards2017schedule (Links to a Google Document)

The calendar may be viewable on the site sometime soon; it being on a Google Document is only temporary. Feedback is welcome!

Site Navigation
    In the next week or two, you may see the forum re-arranged in a way that will look better on the eyes and easier to navigate. Instead of piling the games into "The Games" category, we are splitting the games into their own category, and moving forums like Time Trials and Tournaments underneath their respective gaming sections. Other minor changes such as General Conversation being renamed to "Off-Topic" will be made.

You might imagine that a bunch of subforums underneath a game's category will look cluttered. We'll be using a side by side subforum format, rather than the subforums being displayed on top of each other. We are also implementing an addon which will allow you to collapse/minimize categories, so you don't have to scroll down all the time!

Other Tidbits
    - In the last announcements I made (located here [1] and here [2]), I stated that there is work being done on various sections of the site, like the news tab, emotes, site appearance redesign, and more. Keep in mind that's still being done, just mentioning that so people know the news page isn't staying like that forever.

- @BetoMan is working on an MKBoards Android and iOS application! We are aiming to make the app pretty straightforward, but if you have any suggestions as to what features it can include, feel free to post them!

- Site staff had a meeting on Saturday, talking about how we can maximize MK8D's activity. We identified the problem of newcomers feeling like they have no way of being "included" in the community, so we are making changes to maximize staff presence around the site, as well as working on things like compiling a thread or a post on the site userguide with all relevant game/community guides or tutorials.

Enjoy!
    - MKBoards Staff

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    Ace Tman, Papa Milo, Michael and 5 others like this.
  2. Harm

Harm Jupiter Drive

Any word on when Supporter features are coming back like locking/unlocking our own threads?

Also can we suggest new emotes because we ABSOLUTELY need

Savannah likes this.
  3. Savannah

Savannah Thunder & Lightning

Team:
    Explorers of Time
    Completely missed that feature not being added back. I'll add it to our to-do list of "things we need to re-enable" :p

go ahead and suggest emotes if ya like, I like getting all the suggestions we can get!

4. Tzuzu

Tzuzu 美月

Team:
    ok wtf @mk8

>no joel power or joe

LUL

Ethan L and RonanWol like this.
  5. joel...

joel... Distorted Records

Team:
    sG
    I guess being consistently top 20 on PP and top 5 on the D1 leaderboards isn't good enough. Congrats tho @John S

6. Harm

Harm Jupiter Drive

#29 USA though

7. Power

Power mec

Team:
    JBZZ
    congrats mk8 tutor staff mdr !!!

Tzuzu likes this.
  8. Pyrus

Pyrus

Team:
    xi
    i think ill stick to my own tt strats

Crowe likes this.
  9. Yassine

Yassine

The staff authorize has people banned 5 or 6 times on mkb to rejoin a staff ? And sure this post is for @Jeff and @KP♪

And for the Staff MK8

Where is Joel, Joe, and Power ?
    Why Super**, Robel and Jordan in the staff and not Joel, Joe and Power ?
    Just because the Staff make to favoritism ?
    thinking-face.png

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    Libby, Alex E, strike and 2 others like this.
  10. Harm

Harm Jupiter Drive

maybe because Kyle and Jordan are better at TTs than all 3 of them? sure it's not all about TTs anymore but lol you can't complain about them being on tutor staff just because your friends didn't make it

I'll be waiting for the MKW players to complain about who's on their side of tutor staff.

Ebba likes this.
  11. Tzuzu

Tzuzu 美月

Team:
    But that's where you're wrong

12. Rookie

Rookie

Team:
    HD
    If it's TT based then I would say that some of the right choices were made, but in all honesty I don't see why tutors are limited to so few people in the first place

Libby likes this.
  13. Harm

Harm Jupiter Drive

I'd love to prove my point right now but,

All you really need to do is take a look at the WR history though. I could understand if you think John or Robel "didn't deserve their spots" (no offense intended, I don't think this is true) over Joel or Joe but you literally have no reason to complain about Kyle or Jordan especially if a big requirement was good TTs. None of you can call staff biased while defending your point by being biased for your clanmates/friends.

That's all I have to say.

14. Tzuzu

Tzuzu 美月

Team:
    I can call it bias when the entire site staff is slowly becoming friend based :eek:

15. Harm

Harm Jupiter Drive

Maybe if you weren't complaining about your own friends not making staff it'd be easier to take this seriously.

Still waiting for complaints from the MKW side.
    edit: or LITERALLY anyone else

Done replying here til then.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    Ebba, and Killua like this.
  16. luke

luke vision of excellence

Team:
    Rookie's Dictatorship
    nice choices for mkw!! except barney

Barney likes this.
  17. Power

Power mec

Team:
    JBZZ
    i'm not their friend....

18. Harm

Harm Jupiter Drive

can't tell if ur being serious but Joel and Joe are, and ur friends with ColosS no? who literally said staff was being bias in his post

19. Power

Power mec

Team:
    JBZZ
    Yassine is a good guy

strike and joel... like this.
  20. Teeples

Teeples http://i.imgur.com/wZdLxlV.jpg

Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
    Might be time to bust out the 3DS :pompous:

Hikaru and Twonk like this.
  21. Boom

Boom

Team:
    Genocide
    Libby likes this.
  22. rubified

rubified

Just How Does He Do It

23. Crowe

Crowe affection!?

Team:
    xı, υτ
    still have not told us why joel pierre #2 and joe were rejected but that works i guess. if you're gonna have a good idea execute it w// competent ppl to the ppl selected ig! grats to the four nonetheless

24. Chim

Chim

Shut up

25. Crowe

Crowe affection!?

Team:
    xı, υτ
    hi chim