1. For the foreseeable future, this website will be in a read-only state. Please visit https://mariokartboards.com/ for our new domain.

Saying Goodbye

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Nozzles, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Nozzles

Nozzles Winter is coming. Staff Member

• Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    Wiimmfi FC:
    0177-8005-5950
    Hey guys,

This will be a brief little post to announce that I will shortly be stepping down from MKBoards staff.

This is actually my second time stepping down since joining staff in 2016; but this will also be my last time. A lot of the reasoning behind this decision revolves around my own personal connection with this game-series, as well as looking at the long-term in which I need to place focus on different priorities. Mario Kart as a whole has slowly been becoming less relevant to me over time; and to be an admin of a forum revolving around a game that I barely play anymore doesn't really seem fitting nor deserving.

I have had a good time being here on staff though, and it's given me the opportunity to meet and interact with a lot of you. It's also given me a great opportunity to learn design aspects for different themes on the forums, particularly pertaining to the new forum. It's made me really happy to hear that people like the look of the new forum!

With that being said, I would like to take the opportunity to announce that we will be having a new admin join the team in my stead. @Sketch will be receiving a promotion from moderator to admin, and will be learning and assisting with finalizing the transition to the new forum. Once the transition is more-or-less complete, I will be taking my leave.

As usual with me, this turned out a little longer than it needed to be; but thank you and adios~

BoomerZBear, Storm, Eric and 4 others like this.
  2. Nozzles

Nozzles Winter is coming. Staff Member

• Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    Wiimmfi FC:
    0177-8005-5950
    Also ran into a little error while making this post lol, another reason to check out the new forum if you haven't already!

3. AbaraiK

AbaraiK The Irish Mark Staff Member

• Administrator
    Team:
    Arc
    I mentioned in our admin chat that I was sad you were leaving, but just want to reemphasize on thread how much of a good job you've done. The new site looks fantastic and even all the themes on this site were excellent aswell. It was a no brainer to take you back as admin after your 1st stint and its been my pleasure to work with you for all the time we've had. Ty for everything you've done @Nozzles

With that said welcome @Sketch ! I'm very confident in your abilities to take over this role and give it your own spin, also look forward to the possibility of an irl admin meetup when you come over to Ireland :D @Stunky fancy a flight over mate?

4. Rentorar

Rentorar

Team:
    VB, G4L, DE, BT
    Bye Nozzy :cry:

Nozzles likes this.
  5. Sketch

Sketch 03.26.15

Team:
    Zealous
    Thanks for everything, Travis! I know I will do my best in the role moving forward and I hope to not disappoint!

~Maidvelia‚̧~ and Nozzles like this.
  6. MasterMarkxat

MasterMarkxat

Team:
    GAMT/Vitality
    Good work Travis! Enjoyed my time playing/talking to you, hope to see you around still :D. Thanks for always being helpful (Especially editing in stuff for Av thread back when Ballin still was stubborn :joy:, or my struggles on the new forum : >)

Nozzles likes this.
  7. sleep deprived

sleep deprived the end

sketch admin oooo

Sketch likes this.
  8. Stunky

Stunky Tom | Stunky Staff Member

• Administrator
    Switch FC:
    SW-2658-1230-8324
    Wiimmfi FC:
    2237-2605-0050
    I wouldn't mind, I'd need to check what I need to travel to Ireland though, never been outside England, let alone outside the UK :p

In all seriousness though congratulations Sketch for earning the big boy Administrator role, I'm sure you'll do well especially once one or two of us have been able to help you out to learn the key features. Quite the role you've got to take over though as I'm sure you're aware, many things to learn, plus I can no longer be the junior admin mwahahahahaaaa time to take over the world pinky and the brain style.

Serious thanks to Nozzles for doing the admin role to such a high standard though, really showed us all how it's done, worked really hard and then left us with some great themes for users to enjoy among many other things. He's left a legacy that will stay even as we move sites, probably for many years to come. I wish him the best of luck in the future, wherever it may take him.

Also I'm not very good at saying goodbye if that wasn't already obvious.

Sketch and Nozzles like this.
  9. Eric

Eric

Team:
    Play It Loud!
    Switch FC:
    0022-0027-5937

Nozzles likes this.
  10. Kona

Kona

Team:
    Crossfire
    thank you for your service Nozzles, good luck with whatever it is you choose to do in the future

Nozzles likes this.
  11. Radi

Radi I'm Canadian, but I'm not

Team:
    Arcadia
    Thanks for your services, Nozzles. It was a pleasure to work with you in the past.

Enjoy your new experience, Sketch. It's going to be an interesting one for you, so make the most of it.

Sketch and Nozzles like this.
  12. BoomerZBear

BoomerZBear

Team:
    aN, Wa, AM
    Wiimmfi FC:
    1593-4209-3300
    Thanks for everything Nozzles! No doubt you've left behind big shoes to fill, but Sketch will no doubt be up to it. Good luck to each of you on your new paths. :bear: :D

Nozzles and Spec like this.
  13. SoporificGamer

SoporificGamer

Team:
    I don't belong to a team
    Wiimmfi FC:
    0263-7013-2101
    Bye nozzles

Nozzles likes this.