1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask a member of site staff!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Important !! MKBoards will be moving to a new domain. Please read this thread. for details. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

No clue as how to add custom tracks

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Duff, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Duff

Duff

Hi,
    I could use some tips. I want to play custom MK tracks on my wii-u.
    I have softmoded my wii-u and the vwii. Homebrew is installed, as well as 1) CFG USB loader and 2) CTGP.
    All run fine (CTGP and its channel forwarder). I do have the Mario Kart Disc I am using with CTGP.

But none of the other custom tracks distributions work.
    I have tried: MKW Hack Pack, MKW-Fun-2016-07, Mario Kart X v3, MiniGeek's Custom Track Pack.
    Most of them have 3 directories: \app\riivolution, \rrivolution and other directory on the sd root, like SD:\\MKW Hack Pack. All is there on my SD card....a direct copy/merge from the zips.
    Riivolution works (I mean it starts and the GUI works) and I have installed it as a channel.\ In Riivolution I see CTGP on page 1, and on the other pages the other distributions. However when I try to lauch anything: FREEZE. I have to shut down the power/ cold boot the console.
    I have tried to up and downgrade the Riivolution versions, switched to a clean SD, redownload the pack, tried them one by one, in different other... nothing works.
    I hope the problem isn't that the SD cards I am using are SDHX (FAT32). These cards work for all other purposes on my wii-u, vwii.
    I don't know what to try anymore.
    ***the lastest situation is that the Riivolution channel let me select a distribution and freezes at "launch", but the Riivolution when launched from inside the Homebrew channel tries to downgrade io38, gets network connectivity and fails. Maybe this is because I have down and upgraded different Riivolution versions in the app directory.

I am happy with CTGP, but I would like to try the other distributions as well.
    Any help appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017