1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask a member of site staff!
    Dismiss Notice

My point of view about the 3 recent MKBoards ban

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Lezhrass, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Lezhrass

Lezhrass

Team:
    Synchronise
    Hi everyone, as you may know (or not), few days ago, 3 persons got ban simultaneously from MKBoards, which means they are also unable to play any competition related to it, and in this case, MKU and MKU Cup. Before going into more details, I'll do a quick presentation of who I am, who WE are and what's our relation with Mario Kart in general (those who know us well already don't need to read this if they don't want to, and those who don't care can skip it aswell, that's up to you) and I'll then talk to you about what's been happening recently and how it is affecting us. If you're not interested in any of this, you can leave this thread now, since it's basically gonna be a story tell combined with a complain. I will try to keep it as synthetic as possible so it's not becoming a pain for the readers

Our story

Before being an MK8Dx team, we were a group of friends that meet up on MK8u. We were both from different teams (hc, DR, sG and so on) but we played together in a subclan called MKF alongside people that I still consider as really good friends (Ace, Joe, Tomsu, Sgt, Marc, Damian in particular). Our main goal back then was to have fun all together, playing some wars, some games on Steam, just call and chill pretty much. But we were a bit immature sometimes (and we still are to an extent) and we used to have fun about pretty much everything (Shoutout to Teeples for his infamous quote that we still sometimes shout when we play)
    And I'm pretty sure some people disliked us for this reason (Si tu lis ça Beni, désolé mon bro, je sais que tu nous en veux pas maintenant mais personnellement je regrette). After MK8u got replace by MK8Dx, we decided to create a team called Team JBZZ where almost everyone would play for the upcoming competitions on this game. Things started alright, we didn't change much, but at some point, the team exploded because of an internal quarrel. At that moment, 2 teams formed, DR and hc. After 1 season of MKU, we realized that was a mistake to do so, and we ended up reuniting under the same name with some others people (Salut les ex DR). After creating a drama on the 1st week of MKU with DR, we thought that it might be a better idea to settle down a bit, because more and more players would think of you as some sort of "bad guys" that were here just to have fun and belittle teams we played against.
    That's how I acted at least, I may have sometimes said bad words towards someone, ignored others and so on, but I didn't hate anyone (until now) and didn't want to, since we are a pretty small community, that would just be dumb in my opinion. You can't like everyone, but not because you don't like him, you don't have to turn him down. And that leads to the main thing I wanted to talk about.

What's happening?

There is a good chance that players from MKWii or any other Mario Kart game will end up on this thread, and if you're still reading this, it's not related to MK8Dx technically, but in his "community", so you should be able to read this without any problem.
    As I stated at the beginning of my post, 3 players from our team got banned from mkboards (Athaway, Pyrax and Pierre, for those who know them but didn't know they were banned). First thing I wanted to point out is that it happened without even a warning. We realized that when Joe and Shii talked to us asking "Wait, are you guys really banned from MKBoards?" and we had to double-check if it was true. That was a pretty big surprise and I'm pretty sure everyone would be in our situation. The only thing that could've prepared us is when "someone" DM'd us to say "There's a pretty big surprise coming for you, it's start with a >B and end with a >N" (I'll hide their names so they aren't "hated". They will recognize themselves in there, and everyone will wonder who it might be, even tho I'm pretty sure most already know).
    The first thing we did back then is ask the MKU staff is they knew anything about it (we asked Shii to begin with since he's the one that came to tell us, but he looked pretty surprised himself, so that meant he didn't know much more than us) and it was confirmed not that long after, so we know it's not related to them at all (so please don't hate on them, especially Asuna that took a lot already this season).
    By the way :
    Athaway is banned for 2 weeks.
    Pierre is banned for 2 weeks.
    Pyrax's ban is undefined.
    Which leads to another issue : our team is separated in 2, JBZZ and DJULO, and those 2 teams have pretty small rosters. Yet, both teams managed to play everything single match except the xi one (where they agreed on rescheduling even after I acted really childish, so I wanted to apologize for my attitude and thank you for that, it means a lot). But with the 3 bans happening, we were stuck in a really tricky situation :
    - Either we weren't enough to play in D1 anymore and had to drop
    - Or we could've taken some members from DJULO to play, but they wouldn't be able to play anymore.
    Needless to say, I didn't want to sacrifice them, and I accepted our fate and dropped from D1. Only thing that might be a problem is that a team dropping from MKU is not able to partake in the next season, so unless MKU staff is kind to us, we won't be able to play aswell, even after the bans are over for 2 of us.
    After investigating a bit, they found the reason why they got ban in the first place, and I have to admit that I was shock. After trying to be better persons, they got ban for, as I would call it, "negative attitude", "trashtalk" and for Pyrax's case "death threat" (... really?).
    Obviously, the 1st thing that came to our mind is contacting MKBoards staff to undersand more about it, and I did aswell, because I legitimately don't even know what is held against us. And after talking with 2 of them, we were hit by some bitter words : upload_2018-4-9_18-25-1.png
    The reason behind it is "normal" I would say, because one could easily ask to see them to know who did it, and do whatever they wanted with that information, that's classic. But in our case, we already knew who it was (remember when they threatened us that they would ban us, not really hard to know to be fair), and thanks to a special someone, we also knew that those 2 asked for quotes from all around the community to get us banned (If you're reading this, shame on you, really).
    But at the same time, I thought : "How can we defend ourselves if we can't even see what's being held against us? That's nonsense!" (as you may have seen, I'm using WE because 4 persons were supposed to be ban from MKBoards, and I'm pretty confident I'm the one that went through, so I still feel close to the matter, and besides, I'm the leader of JBZZ, so obviously I'll help my teammates, and more importantly, my friends). So I told them about it, and still, we couldn't. We can't even know if those screenshots and chat logs are real of just fake ones since it's really easy to fake it :

upload_2018-4-9_18-54-33.png It took me 30 seconds to do a screen like it, and needless to say, I can put anyones name in here, that's not hard.
    For those who don't really realize what it means, it's basically like you're going to the tribunal, you're considered as the "culprit" and the judge come to you and says "You're being judged today for xxx reason, we won't show you any proof, but you're guilty and you can't do anything about it.".

Of course, we didn't stay with our hands crossed, waiting for the inevitable to happen and just cry on each others shoulders, and we tried to defend ourselves from it. We gave screenshots, chat logs, lots of things could lessen a lot of what could've been the issues. Needless to say, it didn't work, and the only messages we got with all of that is "We will send it in the staff chat and discuss about it" (That helps). We even asked 1 of the person they asked for quotes and testimonials against us if he liked us or not, and he reacted and said that he had nothing against us, it was things from the past and he wasn't holding it against us (and I really, really thank this person for that, he forgave us for things we did a long time ago and we still regret nowadays).
    After giving lots of evidences, we even came with ideas like making a group chat with several MKBoards staff members and us discussing about the matter and all, and I got totally ignored.
    When we pretty much started to realize that if nothing else happened, we would still be considered guilty whatsoever, we started to give some proof against those who were against us (they were 2, for the most part, but several contributed aswell). We already knew it would be difficult as one is part of the MKBoards staff, so he would be able to protect himself way more than we could. And actually, we prepared for it, because in the evidences we sent, there were some tweets, and before sending them, we took screenshots of them, because they can disappear pretty fast. And that was a smart move from our side, because only a few minutes after we sent them, the tweet magically disappeared, and it was related to someone our beloved staff member knew :
    upload_2018-4-9_18-40-54.png
    (For the person that twitted this and deleted, I'm not holding anything against you, I actually even still like you, but I had to show this for what's coming).
    That means the staff member actually leaked what we sent to send, even tho, I got this from another MKBoards staff :
    upload_2018-4-9_18-43-16.png
    So unless they agreed and let him do so, that means the staff was clearly against us, if not, then someone didn't respect the only rule I got to know about being an MKBoards staff. Tragic, isn't it?
    We managed to know why that staff had a grudge against us, and I think it's pretty sad aswell :
    upload_2018-4-9_18-45-39.png
    Personnal vengeance, yep. We had lots of screenshots to show that we weren't the only bad guys in this, chat logs, screenshots that I won't send here (but if anyone that reads this wants to know about them, you can ask me on Discord, I'll gladly give them to you).
    We did what we would to lessen the bans, and even tried to remove them, because not only that makes us look bad from the outside, but that prevents us from playing in competitive, and it also makes D1 a 5 team div even tho we really wanted to go on, but rules are rules.

What I really hope here is that hopefully, not everyone will see us as bad guys, as those who got banned from MKBoards for being toxic, because we like you all, no matter what you do. You might not like us, and that's fair, we did bad stuff back then that some of us regret, but we aren't gonna live in the past and feel bad about it, we will live on and try to show ourselves on a brighter side. We want to be the ones that you can DM on discord to ask whatever, just chill with, and maybe even war, who knows. I'm only disappointed in 2 persons that will recognize each others that I will consider as "Hypocrites" like you so called us.

That's pretty much it for me, I'm pretty sure that most people will ignore this thread or just read a little bit before leaving, but for those that do so, thanks a lot, I appreciate it. What I would really like asweel is, for those that want to discuss about it, reply here, asking about more details, or what I have to do with all of this, or anything, feel free, I'll make sure to write back as soon as possible and hopefully lighten up what you needed to know. For those that also want to talk about it, but in a more private way, you can DM me on discord at @Lez'#8595. If you want to discuss in here, please keep it clean and don't start a brawl, because your opinion on the matter is pretty interesting to me, knowing if what I said is nonsense or normal.

I really hope this doesn't get locked and I don't get banned for this, but I had to say what I had stuck in my throat for the past 2 days (and no, that's not a d***). I'll be out, thanks for reading, and peace.

2. Mastah

Mastah

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    FREE WOR P2

Aditya~, SwiftCat, talia and 2 others like this.
  3. Exodaire

Exodaire Virtual Insanity

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    Divine Phoenix
  4. Darkiouls

Darkiouls

Team:
    Gravity Team / Team MEC
    IGNORANCE IS BLISS :argh:

No seriously staff, don't go full on Sepp Blatter and stuff, that's not how it works.
    All that can swiftly end by providing the requested proofs to them.

Unless you want to post all of them here for everyone to see.
    That's a great idea right?

merc and Mastah like this.
  5. Jack2502

Jack2502

iouls dispo

6. Xandzr

Xandzr escape the ordinary Staff Member WL Staff

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    there's a fine line between having fun as friends and straight up harassing other people. speaking for myself, i don't have a problem with trolling as long as it doesn't go too far. hell, you guys even have an emoji of my face in your server but i couldn't care less. it's your friend group you can do whatever you want in it. but when you go beyond that and start making people around you constantly feel like shit, that is no longer 'having fun'. that is harassment.

i understand that you may be inclined to feel that the staff is against you, but believe me that is not the case. the individual in particular which you personally accused of this in fact stayed out of the voting and had nothing to do with the punishment. he barely even spoke about it in the chat.

as you've been told already, we can't show you much at the moment. at the very least, here is something:

Ryan's - 05/12/2017
    hey
    you need to stop harassing ceci on twitter and stopping members from JBZZ using names related to her in wars
    or if you continue it could lead to punishment
    ok? ok
    tell other members from JBZZ too who have this behaviour
    6 December 2017
    Athaway - 06/12/2017
    Bro
    You think I rly care?
    Pas de chance
    We know we're all gonna end up banned but hey let us enjoy
    Athaway - 06/12/2017
    Actually lemme rephrase don't want to talk for others
    I always did that knowning what could be the consequences, but yeah if you think this is worth punishment I don't rly care being banned from MKb or something
    Ryan's - 06/12/2017
    You will if you can't play mku or ffas...
    You see if you keep continuing ceci will keep reporting this to staff
    And we will have no choice but to punish as it will be harassment
    Don't really want to have you all banned
    Athaway - 06/12/2017
    I'm not playing mk8d for MKU tbf
    I did in 2015-2016
    But not anymore
    Ryan's - 06/12/2017
    You don't get it :persevere: :sob:
    Athaway - 06/12/2017
    I do
    dw
    Ryan's - 06/12/2017
    Ok
    Athaway - 06/12/2017
    anyway
    we might stop, we might not
    have a good day
    Ryan's - 06/12/2017
    Well you all will be punished if you continue
    :zap:
    Athaway - 06/12/2017
    yeah we know
    well that'll be a 5-team D1

look at that; you were warned after all. and obviously, this is not fake. i assume athaway just didn't share this with the rest of you, but that does not change the fact that this is a warning.

of course, that situation wasn't the only reason why you were punished. i know you guys aren't the only people guilty of flaming on twitter, but realistically that wasn't much in comparison to the other things we've been shown. the people who said things back to you merely haven't done enough to be punished. if you can show us things that they've done that you consider to be more serious, then we can look into punishing them as well.

i'm sorry that we've made things difficult for your team in terms of MKU. the suggestion of banning your players at a different time was brought up so that this wouldn't happen. however, the staff team deems punishing them as soon as possible to be more important due to what they've done. please try to understand that.

we will look into possibly showing you more details if that's what you wish. but until then i would recommend you wait patiently rather than attempting to make yourselves look completely innocent. bans wouldn't have happened if that were the case.

Espurr_72, Ridge, Zach627 and 7 others like this.
  7. Minegear66

Minegear66

Team:
    TEAM DJULO
    The year is 2025. We still don't know why power got banned.

8. Lezhrass

Lezhrass

Team:
    Synchronise
    That's some nice proof you send here, but as far as I can tell, they don't respect one thing
    upload_2018-4-9_20-51-8.png
    This own website rules, unfortunately. And I'm pretty sure I wrote in this post :
    "After creating a drama on the 1st week of MKU with DR, we thought that it might be a better idea to settle down a bit, because more and more players would think of you as some sort of "bad guys" that were here just to have fun and belittle teams we played against.
    That's how I acted at least, I may have sometimes said bad words towards someone, ignored others and so on, but I didn't hate anyone (until now) and didn't want to, since we are a pretty small community, that would just be dumb in my opinion. You can't like everyone, but not because you don't like him, you don't have to turn him down. And that leads to the main thing I wanted to talk about."

You're accusing us of harassing Ceci, but do you actually have any proof that it's US doing so? The only thing you have is Athaway saying he doesn't care, is that really a proof that he did it? I don't think so, you can't just assume things like that.

That's a great warning, back from 2017 yep. upload_2018-4-9_20-55-5.png That's good.

And I'm still wondering what Pierre had to do in ALL of this, really. I want to know.

Mastah, LsR, Exodaire and 2 others like this.
  9. Xandzr

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    the rules can't always be followed word by word. staff exists for a reason. considering the seriousness of the offences that have been shown to us, the majority of the staff decided that your teammates should be banned. it's pretty simple.

as for what you said about athaway, he clearly implied that JBZZ had something to do with it at the very least. bear in mind that, again, this was not the only situation that we were presented with. everything should be clear enough in my post.

10. Mastah

Mastah

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    ?

11. Ash

Ash t&a :3333333 Staff Member

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Z★
    Screenshot_3.png
    If we as staff think that an incident is more serious, then we can punish cases that are outside of the 2/3 month mark.

12. Lezhrass

Lezhrass

Team:
    Synchronise
    What's the point of having rules if you can just break them whenever you want? That's not how rules work, not in real life, and I don't see why it should be here? That's pretty easy to turn things up against us when it's possible, especially when we can't defend ourselves. And I don't why this conversation would be against us, and why every screenshots we sent to you wouldn't. But hey, at least they were sent to the staff, that's cool.

Yep, when you see something on twitter and you click on like, you're technically implied. Did you do anything wrong? You tell me, but I sure think I don't. And I'd gladly see the others situation, that would help, but better hide them still.

13. Jamie

Jamie You're Lousy

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    The irony of complaining that staff are breaking site rules because they're punishing your teammates for literally harassing someone.

Ridge, Tzuzu, Hope and 12 others like this.
  14. Lezhrass

Lezhrass

Team:
    Synchronise
    That's a great way of taking part of the thread, if you have any more useless stuff to say, you can keep it going, at least the thread will get seen more and more.

And I'm pretty sure you didn't read what I wrote just before right? Sure he said "JBZZ took part in it", and what exactly did we do in it? That's just words, that's not a proof as far as I can tell.

15. Owen

Owen WL Staff World Cup Staff

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    • World Cup Staff
    if they're harassing someone and know they're doing can consider themselves lucky not to be a bit longer honestly...

BoomerZBear likes this.
  16. Xandzr

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    not sure why i have to repeat myself but whilst rules should be followed, there are times where they can't be. and this is not 'breaking' the rules either. nor is it bending them. to be honest it just seems that you're picking apart my posts and carefully ignoring that parts that suit you.

and if you could please educate me on how it does work in 'real life', i'd be happy to expand my knowledge. is it in fact that once someone commits a crime they go to court? and once in court they get judged by somebody else based on the information and evidence presented? that sounds awfully familiar doesn't it?

on a similar note. like court, you should have the chance to defend yourselves properly. that's why, like i said in my first post on this thread, we'll look into showing you as many details as we can.

Ridge, Rush and BoomerZBear like this.
  17. Avogadrox

Avogadrox

Team:
    Hearts Brothers
    2050 now

Minegear66 likes this.
  18. Lezhrass

Lezhrass

Team:
    Synchronise
    That's cool to know we will see some evidences when the ban sentence has been given already, because I feel like I'm defending my friends to get out of jail rather than defend them from going there. But I appreciate that you're trying to get things solved, it's much better than what we got in 2 days, so thank you for that.

What I find the most sad in here is no matter I said, people will see us for what we were, and even with a worst impression now with the ban, rather than what we are now, but heh, that's why we're trying to prove ourself right now.

19. Dubstep

Dubstep

I've some proof showing jbzz players making fun of minorities and disabled ppl

i think its time to do something cumshot

Mastah, Yα¢ine-B, Spuddy and 4 others like this.
  20. Kay

Kay

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Well I do understand where you are coming from here, but I'm fairly sure you have seen enough evidence yourself on this topic to understand why your friends got banned here. I mean you even said yourself that you are probably the last person that didn't get banned in the end, so logically you know that you did something wrong on your own. Trolling around in private chats or even trash talking with friends should be absolutely fine, since most of the time it is something you do out of pure entertainment purposes, not to actually hurt someone. But you guys literally went out of your way and started harassing people? Which results into the people effected by it actually feeling bad. That's baisically just asking for consequences.

So overall I don't understand why you would even try to defend anyone here, when you obviously accept that they did something wrong. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and live with it and learn from your mistakes.

On another note I do agree that Staff should have banned the people after the season was over, since now it actually doesn't only effect your enjoyment but others as well, but oh well.

BoomerZBear likes this.
  21. Starxlx

Starxlx

Team:
    xi
  22. Lezhrass

Lezhrass

Team:
    Synchronise
    >> Enough evidence when I legit saw evidence for only 1 person (Athaway here), and you're telling me it's enough? Where are the one to ban Pyrax and Pierre? That's what I'd like to know in the first place.
    And as far as I know, Ryan's gave a "warning" to Athaway about what he did, and I can agree with that, but what did he do afterwards to deserve that ban is what I'm still waiting right now. You can't just go "He gave you a warning" to "He's banned from what Xander gave us", that makes no sense.

And I'll be defending them whatsoever and you're not anyone to tell me what I should do and what I shouldn't do, especially after what you said to Enel, thank you.

Jax, Yα¢ine-B and Dubstep like this.
  23. Hope

Hope Laughter

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    ARC
    Wow what a surprise.

Ridge and BoomerZBear like this.
  24. Stevens94

Stevens94 You want some?

• Founding Member
    Team:
    As someone who has had to deal with many harassment cases in the past, if the staff feel that the harassment is extreme enough then I completely am in agreement with the current consequences being shown.

Instead of acting like complete dickwads, own up to it, accept it and then realise that you need to change your ways if you want to continue being a part of this community. Simple.
    If you don't want to do that; sayonara! You won't be missed.
    Sometimes, the "proof" comes in the form of concurrently poor behaviour/attitude, and sometimes, tough love is the best kind.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    Jake, Ryan's, Typhoon and 4 others like this.
  25. Xiro

Xiro

• Founding Member

BoomerZBear likes this.