1. We have moved to a new website: https://mariokartboards.com/ This website will be in a read-only state until October 31, 2018. After this date, mkboards will be deleted and it will become a simply redirect to https://mariokartboards.com/

More frequent name changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Victor (vƒ), Apr 8, 2018.

1. Victor (vƒ)

Victor (vƒ)

Team:
    E§|
    Hello MKBoards. I just wanted to ask if you could make more frequent name changes because when i joined a while ago I had no idea what teams were. Also when I made the account my name in MK8 was vf<>Victor but i did not know that you needed to trial to join a team; I just saw people with the prefix on some races. Finally could you change the wait time of changing your name from 6 months to 1 month maybe? And the MKBoards supporter name change wait time from 1 month to 2 days or a week?

2. AbaraiK

AbaraiK The Irish Mark Staff Member

• Administrator
    Team:
    Arc
    There isnt a wait time for name changes for non Supporters, its just the Christmas period rn, maybe we could add one in summer but has to be discussed.

Also with supporters, there would be people literally changing names every 2 days and thats a nightmare to manage/bad for the site, least with the month gap if people need to be reached you can have a fairly good idea of what they are going by now.

Lastly, I don't think people would stop you from trialing just because of the tag in your name, most people don't read too much into usernames.

3. Victor (vƒ)

Victor (vƒ)

Team:
    E§|
    k sorry if i wasted ur time

4. AbaraiK

AbaraiK The Irish Mark Staff Member

• Administrator
    Team:
    Arc
    Not at all, this is the suggestion forum so any suggestions you have are welcome.