1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask a member of site staff!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Important !! MKBoards will be moving to a new domain. Please read this thread. for details. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

New MKU-DX Pre-season Tournament

Discussion in 'Help, Information, & News' started by Teeples, May 12, 2017.

?

5v5 or 6v6 meta?

Poll closed May 17, 2017.
  1. 5v5

90 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. 6v6

66 vote(s)
    42.3%
  1. Yassine

Yassine

• MKBoards Supporter

Typhoon, Maci, Quutamo and 32 others like this.
  2. Trickyy

Trickyy

Team:
    Midnight Wasps
    advanced driving techniques you mean? right. there are not that much techniques and thats why item use become even more important. you wont spam your items in a war, that makes no sense. dont compare wws with wars this is a bad idea. of course there are more reds because of double items lol i could tell you can have more greens to protect because of this too. but that 'lack' of driving techniques brings great things such as: some coin strats (they became even more important), easier item use. well you dont have driving techniques but you do have cool things to do with items i guess? because mk8 trajectories were not that similar (firehop) some people had issues with using their items. cant really talk about those new things brought thanks to the double items but mk8d became even more item-use based and, there, 6v6 will show who's the best at it. (even tho you need a great driving, which includes no mistakes allowed etc., obviously)

but unfortunately. some teams cant manage to have 6 players that often play together. that was the case of my team: mw. we had issues and sometimes we were not even 8 players. we needed to play friendly wars with the same lineup so we could train together. so we could be better. and it has been really hard. i do understand teams that need 5v5. the problem there isnt to know whats the best format for the game. its whats the best format for the community so it doesnt die in 2 months

tbh. before complaining about item spam you have to git gud and ask yourself if you could've done something to avoid it. did you make a mistake? maybe you took a risk? think about it. thats like complaining about getting red'd after falling when youre first. thats your fault and this is stupid

edit: here's some stats. in jan2015: first mku tournament started. we were 7 active players. which means that if 2 of us couldnt play then match is rip. well we managed to play together a lot. a lot more than you could think: and it paid off. we won over wec, ka, zy1, fa, and had to face svc in finals.
    if you guys have the same player problem. fucking keep it up and you'll see the results. i know you can. i am still for 6v6 though i voted 5v5 for you

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    Ceci☆ likes this.
  3. Leo

Leo

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    Severance
    Since the war size question is still heavily discussed, I'll just throw my 2 cents in here.

I can see the advantages of a 5v5 format and I'm not strictly against it unlike the majority of people on the 6v6 side. I didn't play many 5v5s, but those I did play were much less exciting than the 6v6s - they were pretty straightforward and required less strategy/communication than the 6v6 wars. Not going into further detail because my previous speakers already did that. sooooo, I prefer 6v6, but I'm ok with trying the 5v5 format if need be.

Oh and I wouldn't take the poll seriously at all, especially because of what Yassine posted.

Blaze, Jonesy :), Yassine and 2 others like this.
  4. Zinthos

Zinthos

• Founding Member
    This 100%

It's better to get votes from whole teams rather than individual players.

5. Din

Din MKU Staff World Cup Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • MKU Staff
    • World Cup Staff
    Team:
    DY 8 | ᴍ¢ 8D
    Switch FC:
    2642-6673-8119
    I wish I could give you rep.

And yeah I honestly don't know what to make of the poll now, I think it'd be worth getting opinions from team leaders as well, but the time it takes to do so is much longer than the poll

6. Elpis

Elpis lul

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    Midnight Eclipse
    The link kyoto sent was in the Coach sub clan server which nobody else voted on which is how ColosS got it since he stalks chat. I had already voted before he sent, Hero hasn't used mkb since last year and the rest didnt vote since i doubt they care of mku besides Kyoto of course.

That screenshot really means nothing since it didn't affect any results whatsoever so the poll is still accurate

7. Bryce

Bryce

Team:
    HD
    But what if Kyoto sent that message to other chats as well?

8. Elpis

Elpis lul

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    Midnight Eclipse
    other chats he'd send to would be WEC and im sure they already wanted 5v5 before the poll

Fakol likes this.
  9. Fakol

Fakol

• Founding Member
    I approve Elpis ;)

10. rubified

rubified

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Kyoto is probably not be the only one going around doing it though, surely there are others as well

11. Tzuzu

Tzuzu 美月 MKU Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    Team:
    tyler asked us to vote 6v6 in mp..... but we hate him so we voted 5v5

Fakol and Din like this.
  12. 00yellowfish

00yellowfish

Team:
    [MK8D] UU
    I'd personally feel much better about the whole thing if clan leaders were the major factor when it comes to the format decision. We're the ones who have to arrange the wars, all why ensuring we have more than enough players on board every week. Everyone should be entitled to voice an opinion on the matter of course, though I think leaders should have the final say, as we're the ones who regulate the clans week in and week out.

Also, the setting to see who voted wasn't enabled, so how can we be sure the votes are only from players who will be playing in the matches?

13. Teeples

Teeples http://i.imgur.com/wZdLxlV.jpg

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
    If the polls been compromised plus it being pretty close, we can definitely contact each clan individually.

14. Fakol

Fakol

• Founding Member
    I think it will not change a lot, more team are for 5v5 actually i think.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    zitoun likes this.
  15. Crazykonga

Crazykonga

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Champi-Brothers
    That would be smarter indeed, each clan should have the same weight.

Fakol likes this.
  16. iRobin

iRobin

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Wii Elite Clan
    It´s smarter that every clan should get one vote about 5v5 or 6v6
    everyone can vote in this poll with an mkb account and certain people can manipulate this for his best result
    I can imagine how difficult it is for smaller clans to get 6 people every week
    Perhaps you can also try both formats in the Pre Season or Divi 1 plays 6v6 & Divi 2 5v5 idk
    If you ask the whole clans to their opinion then you can also ask what is the best count of races
    Currently everyone prefers their own rules

I think Kyoto wasn´t the only person, who try to get votes for his preffered result.
    Every clan and player has their own opinion
    Also in WEC there are people who do not care whether 5v5 or 6v6

zitoun, Blaze and Fakol like this.
  17. zitoun

zitoun

Anyway all vote for all they want.

18. Tzuzu

Tzuzu 美月 MKU Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    Team:
    I guess Mp will play 150, 200 will depend on when matches are.

19. Teeples

Teeples http://i.imgur.com/wZdLxlV.jpg

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
    Update:

League Default War Size:
    After addressing all the teams (I assumed CB wanted 5v5 as well based on previous posts since they just signed up today), the pre-season default format will be 5v5 (teams can mutually agree to 6v6). please Note that the league default war size is subject to change in future events.

ARC: 6v6
    Ay: 6v6
    CB: 5v5
    DR: 5v5
    FA: 5v5
    FE: 5v5
    GM: 5v5
    GR: 5v5
    HB: 5v5
    HD: Indifferent
    Hz: 6v6
    JBZZ: 5v5
    Ksm: 5v5
    MT: 5v5
    Mp: 5v5
    Mw: 5v5
    O: Indifferent
    OB: 6v6
    RK: 5v5
    RR: 5v5
    Sc: 6v6
    Svc: 6v6
    TL: 5v5
    TT: 6v6
    YF: 5v5
    Z: 5v5

Start Date: Sunday, May 28th @3pm EDT (Both teams can agree to play at 2pm EDT).
    End Date: Sunday, June 25th (5 Weeks)

200cc:
    200cc will not run during the swiss as only 4 teams have signed up, for now, if multiple teams sign up this week it will be there though!. 200cc will appear in the main season regardless.

Battle: Because there's no 200cc on Saturdays now, we're hoping to run battle tournaments on some of the Saturdays then implement a battle division(s) for season 1 like 200cc.

Rule Changes: can be found here

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Confirming:
    The teams are listed based on whether they reach the minimum required players (8). You can still confirm your team if you do not have 8 registered but if you don't get 8 registered before the deadline (Friday 11:59pm EDT) your team will not be playing.

@DT_LINK @Exodaire @Sliver @Ceci☆ @dino007 @Hkn @Snickers @Skipper @PyraxMK8 @Rookie @★βlακε† @RonanWol @Toto @fvgumer @Kyle24 @Liquid @Kaou @[MT]Butter @Tyler @00yellowfish @Nato @Boshi @Kyoto

Registrations / Transfers:
    During the tournament, new players are allowed to be registered and transfers will also be open. The only exception of transfers will be after the first 2 weeks, teams cannot transfer to an undefeated team to try and stack them to the win the tournament.

Schedule:
    The first-week matchups will be posted Saturday (after the registrations deadline) as we'll know exactly how many teams are playing then. The default match time for this tournament is 3pm EDT on the Sundays, but teams can mutually agree to play at 2pm EDT. For the following weeks, the matchups will be posted by the end of Monday Night for that week.

Again, a reminder that teams need to confirm as well their participation.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Ceci☆ and BenDK like this.
  20. Tyler

Tyler May I have this valse?

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    La Valse(Reg) & Va(CT)
    svc confirmed whenever baby danny registers

21. Crazykonga

Crazykonga

• Founding Member