1. We have moved to a new website: https://mariokartboards.com/ This website will be in a read-only state until October 31, 2018. After this date, mkboards will be deleted and it will become a simply redirect to https://mariokartboards.com/

Fix it.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Din, Jul 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Din

Din

Team:
    DY 8 | ᴍ¢ 8D
    Switch FC:
    2642-6673-8119
    Why am I not listed as a staff member now despite being Media Staff and MKU Staff? I'm assuming you folks up on Mod/Admin staff unchecked the Staff Member box at the top of the roles list to remove my access to the admin panel after failing to realize I could still access it for a month after you removed my mod status thinking it would do the trick, but that's not the right button m8s.

Fix it plz, thanks.

You might want to do a nice run through on who's actually a staff member and who isn't these days, there are people roaming around the place with banners they shouldn't have, and then you have people who are staff that aren't listed as staff members, lol. Heard some were going around saying there's a security issue but you seem to not care if people have some powers where they shouldn't?

Also, not realizing who has access to the admin panel is actually scary as fuck, I could have easily demoted people/banned people and you would not have noticed. I could have reset passwords, I could have given people power who shouldn't have it and the worst of all, I could have given myself invincibility (before you say I couldnt have, I spent more time in that panel looking around than just doing name changes and there were a LOT of pretty buttons I could have pressed that probably give me some nice perks.) I don't even want to think about how many other ex-mods have access to it right now and have decided to give you some mercy. Please realize what you're doing/failing to do when you give people those privileges and learn to properly handle it.

I could have easily PM'ed you about this in private, but I'd say this is a somewhat concerning issue. Consider yourself lucky that you at least got a heads up in my case.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    Simon., Tzuzu and ~Maidvelia❤~ like this.
  2. Tzuzu

Tzuzu 美月

Team:
    Ye I'm not a staff member either

Din likes this.
  3. Tzuzu

Tzuzu 美月

Team:
  4. Din

Din

Team:
    DY 8 | ᴍ¢ 8D
    Switch FC:
    2642-6673-8119
    tylerr and Tzuzu like this.
  5. Din

Din

Team:
    DY 8 | ᴍ¢ 8D
    Switch FC:
    2642-6673-8119
    @Stunky glad to see you've fixed the first bit if the issue, so thanks for that. Could have probably let me know that the issue was fixed, but whatever, I'm observant enough to realize it got done.

Seriously though, please look into the second half of the OP. It's kind of a big deal.

6. Stunky

Stunky Tom | Stunky Staff Member

• Administrator
    Switch FC:
    SW-2658-1230-8324
    Wiimmfi FC:
    2237-2605-0050
    The second part is all down to something I believe only super admins can look in to (So Sabby and Mark basically). I notified them once or twice quite some time ago that you still claimed to have access, but it seems neither of them have been able to figure it out despite saying that they thought they'd fixed it a few weeks ago, so I'll make them aware again. That's not something I believe many of us can really look in to whatsoever, but it's been known.

7. Din

Din

Team:
    DY 8 | ᴍ¢ 8D
    Switch FC:
    2642-6673-8119
    That's an issue on a whole new level...I trust that you'll get it figured out eventually but my god, being unable to figure out how to revert something of that caliber is still frightening.

For real though, if Sabby is stepping down soon, shouldn't she be giving you those permissions anyways? You're kind of the big figure in the admin team now (I would say no offense to the others, but there really is no contest here)

8. Savannah

Savannah Thunder & Lightning

Team:
    Explorers of Time
    there is 0 indication you still have admin panel access since June 19th... sure you still got access?

9. Hope

Hope Laughter

Team:
    ARC
    You don't have to be such a dick about it Asuna jeez.

JoeHDG and Din like this.
  10. Din

Din

Team:
    DY 8 | ᴍ¢ 8D
    Switch FC:
    2642-6673-8119
    You're right, I don't have access to the admin panel now. I never said I still had access to it now. I said I had it after I was removed from mod, which is entirely true. You even had me listed as a Super Moderator even after you took my banner away (taking away the Super Moderator is only part of the proper way to remove admin panel rights). And the day I couldn't see the admin panel anymore, I lost my staff member status so I have a decent idea of how the attempt to remove it was made. I also remember people mentioning that some people weren't in certain staff groups anymore and banners needed to be removed a while ago and they're still walking around with them, which is what actually sparked the creation of this thread but I figured I'd bring up the other parts since it's somewhat relevant.

The real question is now, is do you know how many other ex-mods or ex-admins still have access to it? I know you don't, because you didn't notice I had it until something was said to you. That's the big issue. That's the thing that really needs to be fixed. Checking the Staff Member box under my user profile was only Part 1.

11. Din

Din

Team:
    DY 8 | ᴍ¢ 8D
    Switch FC:
    2642-6673-8119
    Someone has to be. It's the only way stuff gets done.

♥Johnny and Eric like this.
  12. Savannah

Team:
    Explorers of Time
    no, we know who has access since the list is readily available by the click of a button. we didn't remove your admin panel powers right after you got removed from mod since we were focused on clearing the situation up. mistake? yeah, and we will keep it at the top of the list next time.

we know all and everyone who has access and what permissions, we've even recently reviewed such

also the staff member tag does not give special permissions so there are no roaming permissions coming from that tag, however we will work on fixing removing those who are not supposed to have it + adding those who are supposed to have it

13. Din

Din

Team:
    DY 8 | ᴍ¢ 8D
    Switch FC:
    2642-6673-8119
    No you have people roaming around with physical staff member banners who don't belong to the staff group they have the banner for. That's what I meant. Ex: You removed Power's MKU Staff banner because MKU Staff requested you to since he was removed a couple days ago, but he hasn't been in Media Staff for a month but he still has Media Staff banner and that part didn't click apparently.

I'm glad the issue is being looked into and getting fixed. It was legitimately freaking me out and no I'm not just making a big deal out of it.

14. Savannah

Team:
    Explorers of Time
    seems we're talking about two different things here; i was talking about the "Staff Member" banner/tag and not the actual staff banners. i agree fully that the staff banners are a mess and should be cleaned up

Din likes this.
  15. Din

Din

Team:
    DY 8 | ᴍ¢ 8D
    Switch FC:
    2642-6673-8119
    The Staff Member thing was literally only referring to the fact that it was absent from my user after I lost access to admin panel. Everything else after that was referring to something else other than me.

Savannah likes this.
  16. Articuno

Articuno Love, although it fades, it never gives up. ❤

Team:
    MOGI Updater
    This thread got a little spicy didnt it...

Ladies, Ladies, you're both pretty (actually are, not gonna lie). Can we resolve this in a polite manner instead of a passive aggressive festival? Thanks, have a good day.

17. Zinthos

Zinthos

They aren't fighting. Stop being a white knight.

Hope, Typhoon, Simon. and 2 others like this.
  18. Teeples

Teeples http://i.imgur.com/wZdLxlV.jpg

Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
  19. Harm

Harm Jupiter Drive

People -censored- powers after being demoted isn't a new thing, that's the worst part. Remember Grinchboards? Wouldn't have happened if this wasn't a problem. It's understandably concerning that the admins don't fully check to make sure the people they remove from staff no longer have any power on the site.

edit: same with banners, I had Time Tutor banner for over a year when I didn't do shit with my guide and should've been removed

20. Lulumon

Lulumon (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

Team:
    Charged Brigade
    Yeah.. I still have powers to edit people's posts. I thought it was a glitch. I have zero access to admin control panel tho

Tzuzu likes this.
  21. Tzuzu

Tzuzu 美月

Team:

Lol

joel..., Articuno, Typhoon and 6 others like this.
  22. Ember

Ember

Team:
    xd
    isn't there a staff discord for this :3....

23. Rollergold

Rollergold Rosa Boi

Team:
    Unity
    Ok I think enough has been said here, people with unattended powers is being looked in to. If others are found, best to inform via PM first.

~Maidvelia❤~ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.