1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask a member of site staff!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Important !! MKBoards will be moving to a new domain. Please read this thread. for details. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

Excitebike Arena

Discussion in 'Egg Cup' started by SuperFX, Mar 28, 2015.

1. SuperFX

SuperFX HD's worst time trialer

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    High Definition

This guide is used for
    Heavy Character
    Blue Falcon / Streetle
    Leaf Tires / Rollers / Button

CURRENT WR:

This track can be very random at times and often doesn't make sense. Just a heads up before we start. :)
    Lap 1: You start off tilting a bit to the right, and hopping LEFT RIGHT, followed by 3 slides that are LEFT LEFT RIGHT, and hopping RIGHT onto the first ramp. You then charge a MT by softdrifting. Then release the MT right before you land on the second ramp, and follow that by a trick. You should be sent flying diagonally to the right. You should land Followed by two LEFT slides followed by a trick landing right around the horizontal line just after the third ramp
    To get a low ramp you must have your second LEFT slide land at the very bottom of the third ramp
    Landing you should hop RIGHT and then hop LEFT onto the following ramp. While in the air you should softdrift, and landing you should hop NEUTRAL, LEFT, then slide RIGHT, then hop onto the ramp LEFT. Charging a MT (softdrifting) you should release right before you touch the ground, also aligning yourself to the right of the mud spot farther ahead, with a downtrick. As soon as you land drift RIGHT, and use your first shroom as you get close to the grass. You should softdrift and then fulldrift exiting out the turn, but depending on your angle it may vary. Release the SMT a little before the ramp on the right, and hop: LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT. At this point, your SMT has ran out. Continue to hop LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT and on the next hop, you should be hitting the zipper drifting LEFT. When landing, hop RIGHT, NEUTRAL, then slide RIGHT, LEFT, and then neutral hop onto the very bottom of the ramp, followed by a trick.
    The higher you hop onto the ramp with a trick, the higher your trick will be. Also, if you slide onto the ramp by accident, you will get a lot of air, and most likely land after the top of the ramp.
    You should either a. land right before the top of the ramp, or b. land on top of the ramp. If you land right before the top (a.) softdrift left, and release your MT right before you land. then align yourself to the zipper and then hop RIGHT onto the zipper. If you land on top of the ramp (b.) you should land by drifting left, and as you fall be sure to softdrift, because it is very easy to fail here. Once you land, you hop RIGHT, and then a neutral hop RIGHT onto the zipper. When you land from the zipper, you should be on the second half of the track. When you land release your MT, and drift LEFT. The momentum from the zipper and your MT, should leave you very close to the black and red lamp, where you hop RIGHT, and then trick. When you land hop RIGHT, LEFT, followed by two RIGHT slides. After the slides, drift right, and try to angle yourself on the inside white line. If you stay on the white line, you shouldn't hit the grass, or the mud. Once you get past the mud, go a bit wide, and release your SMT when you get to the line that is on the ground. Hop, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, and then drift onto the oncoming ramp, LEFT. When landing, hop RIGHT LEFT, followed by two slides which are RIGHT LEFT. That is the end of lap 1.

Hi. I'm Kyle, but I'm known as SuperFX / 1373 in the MK Community. I'm the current world record holder of this track, so I will be giving an in depth guide on how to do all ramp strats on this course.

Before I start this guide, you may be wondering why I'm using link instead of a super heavy weight like I said the optimal combo was. I used link for the better mt, and cruisers are easier to use overall. However, super heavy weights could also be used if you prefer them more, and they MAY be a bit faster.

Dpad saves 1.5 seconds. Wheel plays super different on this course compared to stick / dpad. You will have to change some slide patterns and do some strats differently in order to play this course properly with the given strats. Due to this, wheel saves less than dpad.

By the way, every ramp you drift off of, you soft drift off of it. If you don't know what that means, you hold your stick / dpad in a 45 degree angle, which causes you to go wide and get the mt quick as well. While it isn't a huge difference, it definitely adds up when you do it on every ramp.

mt = miniturbo (blue boost)
    smt = super miniturbo (yellow boost)

LAP 1:

In the beginning, do the hops left right then demon slide 3 times to the left. Drift right on the first ramp, then release your mt to do a left drift on the second ramp. If you hop over the second ramp, it means you didn't release fast enough, or you're drifting on the ramp too late.

This is where you should drift on the first ramp:

PICTURE

Release your mt here:

PICTURE

There are 2 ways to go off of the 3rd ramp, but the preferred way to go off of it is to just release your mt and trick early off of the ramp. It is not preferred to charge an mt on the ramp since it's extremely difficult to do so correctly. It only saves .1-.2, and it's honestly not worth it if you're only starting to learn this course.

This is where you should release your mt:

PICTURE

This is where you should trick:

PICTURE

I will be going over the trick method. Before you land, hold the drift button and the right direction, then drift left on the ramp.

This is what it should look like once you land:

PICTURE

Once you land, release your mt, do a neutral hop, slide left and drift right on the ramp before the sc. Before you land, release your drift button so you can release your mt without hopping, then hold the drift button again to drift off of the ramp before the shortcut with a boost.

This is when you should release your drift button. If you didn't get the mt, it's because you released too early:

PICTURE

Before you land, do the same thing you did before and release a mt before you touch the ground. Then hold your drift button again before you touch the ground. You want to hold a soft drift position and hit the shroom button.

This is where you should release your smt after the shortcut:

PICTURE

Then do the fire hops left right left right left right left right left right then drift to the left on the ramp. When you land you should have a mt charged.

You want to release the mt around here:

PICTURE

Then do a neutral hop and slide left right left. Then trick on the lump. You want to trick AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. If you went too high (which is over the 2nd lump), you've tricked too late.

Here's where you should click the jump button:

PICTURE

To be continued

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Emilia likes this.
  2. SuperFX

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    High Definition
    I will edit this and add laps 2/3 later

3. Yassine

Yassine

• MKBoards Supporter
  4. John S

John S MKU Staff

• Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    Team:
    Zealous
    Switch FC:
    5902-9845-3398
    I can do this guide if needed, I have 1:38.326 which is 11th WW and 4th NA

Teeples likes this.
  5. Elpis

Elpis lul

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    Midnight Eclipse
  6. SuperFX

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    High Definition
    Maybe in the future

7. SuperFX

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    High Definition
    If someone could give me the post, I could write this guide as well as finish rMMM when I have some free time

8. Teeples

Teeples http://i.imgur.com/wZdLxlV.jpg

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  9. Zinthos

Zinthos

• Founding Member
    How do you play this online.

10. Dinostraw

Dinostraw

Team:
    Pray it is the TT version online. If not, make up strats on the first lap, and as you see the layout during that first lap develop a mental strategy for Lap 2 and 3 and floor it.

11. SuperFX

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    High Definition
    I've done a bit of editing I guess. I'll try to update the guide soon. Could a mod give me the post though? @Rookie

12. SuperFX

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    High Definition
    I have to sleep, but I've done half of lap 1.

13. SuperFX

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    High Definition
    To all the people who's wondering when the guide will be finished: Me, David, and a few editors are currently making an official video tutorial. We hope for it to be published before the end of the 2016.