1. We have moved to a new website: https://mariokartboards.com/ This website will be in a read-only state until October 31, 2018. After this date, mkboards will be deleted and it will become a simply redirect to https://mariokartboards.com/

Departure

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Savannah, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Savannah

Savannah Thunder & Lightning

Team:
    Explorers of Time
    As you may have guessed from the title: yes, my time is coming.

I used to be brimming with ideas, but I have little left in the pot now.

I used to have a lot of time on my hands, but with a busy summer ahead of me and my senior year of high school approaching later this year, I will no longer have the time I used to.

When I came on as an administrator, it was over a year ago, early April 2016. I was thinking about the community I cared for all the time, and how it could be improved. I saw some aspects of the site that could be improved so easily. I would spend weekends dedicating time to staff meetings, I would spend hours of my time in discussions or working on the site, I would spend so much time working on the site to the point where I'd feel worn out at the end of the day. And it was a good feeling - don't get me wrong. I liked spending so much time knowing I had the opportunity to improve the site.

The experience I've had on the site is something I'm not going to forget. Before I was on MKBoards Staff, I'm not going to lie at all, I memed and heavily questioned some of their actions. Coming on to MKBoards Staff, I started to understand how passionate everyone in the staff always was and how they actually care for the site to the point where they wouldn't make careless decisions. It's really easy to laugh at a decision that you didn't make and miss the thought that was put into it, as well as respect that everyone has different opinions. That was a valuable lesson I've learned from being on the staff and it's something I'll carry with me for the rest of my life. My duties on the site sparked the innovation within me and opened my eyes to the world of management. It's something I didn't know that I enjoyed.

Throughout my time on staff, I was able to help make this site take the next step forward. I'm not about to say that the following is my entire work or I'm entitled to full credit for it all, but I was able to help make the following happen:
    • Moderator duties
    • Moderator/administrator training system
    • Staff guidelines
    • New supporter features
    • Site layout navigation improvements
    • User friendliness improvements (as in interface improvements)
    • New sections of the site that tend to newcomers
    • Newcomer server
    • A message sent to you upon registration that helps direct you around the forum
    • A site userguide
    • Site ruleset revamp
    • Stickied thread updates
    • Subforum guidelines so people actually know what to use the sections for
    • A server for all staff groups to communicate with each other
    There's even quite a few things that have been in the works that I've been able to help make happen, such as:
    • MK Archives / Museum page where you can view the league history of the MK community
    • Site navigation finishing touches
    • The News page looking better and actually serving a purpose
    • Streaming tab return
    • "How to do a gif avatar" thread that desperately needs to be made
    • New emotes (I haven't forgotten from my announcement ages ago, heart emote is important!!)
    • Asking for site feedback more often
    Alongside that, there's the style/theme improvements that are being worked on by @Nozzles , and the MKBoards shop is also a work in progress. I'm really satisfied with everything that has been done in my time on the site. This staff can do so many wonderful things and reach great heights so long as the motivation and dedication is there. I feel as if I've helped build the foundation to something that's going to become bigger. Which brings me to my next point...

It's time for someone fresh and brimming with ideas. @Stunky will be taking over my place as a red name. I'm very confident he can do the things I did better and keep building on to this site. He may only have a few months experience on the site staff, but don't let that hinder your view of him - I was brought on as an admin 3-4 months after I became moderator. He's definitely going to do wonderful things and take this site to the next level.

One more thing... I'll be a red name for the rest of the month as you may have guessed by me saying "is" and "coming" in the first line of this thread. In the rest of my time left, I'll be working on those things I've bullet pointed that are "in the works" and hopefully complete some if not all of them. Stunky will also undergo admin training. Oh and I'm going to bring the reputation system back right before the moment I take my red name off @Jake (please don't hurt me that was just a bad joke)

Seriously though. I need to give my mans @Jake and @mine a shoutout somewhere in this thread. They're the ones who gave me my moderator position and then my admin position, and I'm very thankful and appreciative of it.

Not to mention, I'm thankful for all of the MKBoards past, present, and future staff. Keep up doing a good job.

Last but not least, thank you to everyone who makes this place what it is. I'm not going to be a happy Sally and say that this place is a utopia and a flawless place. That's just unrealistic. But everyone in the community makes it what it is, and it's just an enjoyable place to be. It's more calm than most communities I've been in for sure. Thanks for being great.

Okay, seriously, that's all. You'll see my red name fade away at the end of this month.

Papa Milo, Josh., merc and 44 others like this.
  2. Xandzr

Xandzr escape the ordinary

don't forget about the kurumi theme

Misdreavus, Elpis, Suip and 3 others like this.
  3. Hikaru

Hikaru

Jake, Twonk, Savannah and 1 other person like this.
  4. ~Maidvelia❤~

~Maidvelia❤~ Red Like Roses Staff Member

• Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    Team:
    HD☆, U★, GE
    Wiimmfi FC:
    4297-4674-3102
    One of the most productive administrators the site has ever had.

I will really miss you.

@Stunky don't let me down.

5. Zinthos

Zinthos

Sabby <3

Savannah likes this.
  6. ace

ace lmaO

Team:
    LIJ
    the long con plan to get stunky in a position of infinite power has come true @Stunky @Dartanian

merc, Typhoon, Stunky and 2 others like this.
  7. Libby

Libby

Team:
    Mo, Dαιsγ
    from 12th place; il ban to 1st place; mkb site administrator.

proud of stunkman xo

merc, Typhoon, zakk and 4 others like this.
  8. ace

ace lmaO

Team:
    LIJ
    barry venison would be proud

thx sabby for everything, its good to see someone who actually gave a shit about the community and didnt just want a red name to brag / feel important

Din, Stunky and Savannah like this.
  9. Zinthos

Zinthos

when d7 actually runs the forums.

Typhoon, T` and ace like this.
  10. Stunky

Stunky Tom | Stunky Staff Member

• Administrator
    Switch FC:
    SW-2658-1230-8324
    Wiimmfi FC:
    2237-2605-0050
    Dude it's okay, there's more of a claim that furries run the boards than there is a claim about D7 running the boards. Heck, Dream7eam can't run well within a war, let alone running an entire website. :p
    (Seriously though the OwO-meter is going to be through the roof once furries have ran the place)

In all seriousness, thank you Sabby for all the work you've done. It may seem like a lot when looking at that list, but as someone who's been behind the scenes and been involved in some of the work you have done it's amazing to realise the full extent to which your work has been completed, it's far beyond what's pointed out. You leave the Administrator role with an unforgettable list of achievements, and they'll be influencing how things are done for years to come.

I'm somewhat amazed yet also absolutely over the moon that I was the person voted to pass the baton to. Barely even a year ago, I was basically an anti-mod, constantly arguing, blaming a tonne of people to the point where people were probably wondering how I was still in staff teams. Looking back at that now, even despite the obvious factors like the restructure of WL, I'm personally shocked at how sudden the change has been, and how we look to the future with a lot of the pressure on myself and the other Administrators. I won't let this community down, and I promise that despite all the obvious doubts people will have given some of my past, I will continue working as hard as possible to improve, work with and benefit the Mario Kart communities both on-site and off-site.

I'm sure I'll probably make a video discussing some of this since I'm sure we all want to avoid an essay today, but thank you to everyone who has believed in me enough to get me here and thank you to Sabby for all the hard work you've done getting the community where it is now. I'm sure we will all soon enough hear of the improvement and focus areas that have been highlighted, but now is a great time to honour someone who's basically a community legend at this point, as they step down from the role.

merc, MvanHoppe, zakk and 2 others like this.
  11. ace

ace lmaO

Team:
    LIJ
    wtf i can run during a war fuck furries

Stunky likes this.
  12. Umbre

Umbre

hey I was there for your ascensions.

Thanks for all the effort you put into the site, and it was a pleasure to work with you.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    ~Maidvelia❤~ and Savannah like this.
  13. Savannah

Savannah Thunder & Lightning

Team:
    Explorers of Time
    And I'm off.

Was a bit late, but I had some complications that caused me to delay some work I wanted to do.

I'll still continue to work in 7L as a manager and I'll continue helping with the Museum page. New emotes will be released sometime soon.

All the other stuff that is "in the works" is stilllll in the works by admins.

Thanks everyone for making my time as an admin here a wonderful experience :turtle:

merc, Sketch, Ash and 8 others like this.
  14. Chloe

Chloe 073116

ily sabby xo

Savannah likes this.
  15. TheKoopaGuy

TheKoopaGuy

Team:
    LVP
    Switch FC:
    7096-8522-9999
    Wiimmfi FC:
    1122-6945-3610