1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask a member of site staff!
    Dismiss Notice

debating if i leave the mario kart community :(

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Khaos, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Khaos

Khaos

see nobody likes me i get people being ass holes to me see they think its a joke but it actually like upsets me, i think i should leave as clearly no one wants me here

2. Khaos

Khaos

tell me if so because i enjoy mario kart but im just not having fun with the people inside off the community

3. Aditya~

Aditya~

Team:
    λρocalypse
    Wiimmfi FC:
    0861-6009-1404
    is this a troll or are you actually serious? i don't know what to expect with that profile picture too lol

4. Owen

Owen WL Staff World Cup Staff

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    • World Cup Staff
    know the feel man don't worry not the only one just have to find a way to get through it.
    One thing though is that seeing when you join you're new to here so getting started is always the hardest thing best thing is to ask around for some teams that may be recruiting be the easiest way to mingle with the community

BoomerZBear likes this.
  5. Aditya~

Aditya~

Team:
    λρocalypse
    Wiimmfi FC:
    0861-6009-1404
    but dude if you're being serious, i completely get you. in all fairness, our community isn't the best with welcoming people and generally is quite toxic at times. what might be a good thing to do however is get to know a few people, that way you're exposing yourself to the community like @Owen said. feel free to talk at aditya#0482 , I can introduce you to a few of my friends too (:)

BoomerZBear and Kona like this.
  6. Kona

Kona

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    Crossfire
    The toxicity of the community (especially since less-skilled/newer players) is a large reason of why I quit a couple years back. Taking a break helped me a lot but I somewhat regret doing it. In summary, this community can get very annoying at times, but honestly if you just ignore the people that are rude, you'll be fine.

BoomerZBear and Aditya~ like this.
  7. BoomerZBear

BoomerZBear

Team:
    aN, Wa, >_<
    Wiimmfi FC:
    1593-4209-3300
    I wish there was something I could say to help. :( Don't let the troublemakers and the drama makers get to you; they just want to think they're building themselves up. Don't feel forced to stay either if you really don't want to. This is a game, and it's meant to be fun. Iwata would want it to be fun.

Aditya~ likes this.
  8. Stunky

Stunky Tom | Stunky Staff Member WL Staff World Cup Staff

• Administrator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    • World Cup Staff
    Switch FC:
    SW-2658-1230-8324
    Wiimmfi FC:
    2237-2605-0050
    Hey there, I'd like to advertise the idea of reporting some of the behaviour of the people if you believe they're trolling you. If reported, staff take the trolling of newer players quite seriously, so it's exceedingly helpful if you were able to report such and we can try and resolve any issues.

Please feel free to contact me or other staff if you do have to sort any issues out, I just don't like seeing newer players feel unwelcome just because of behaviour that may not be acceptable. Some of the advice in this thread is also quite useful to consider, so I'm glad that others have also jumped to help in this situation.

9. Blackheart

Blackheart

• Founding Member
    Team:
    ΞR7★
    just play other games , there are many games that are really competitive and has no cheaters on it. if u dont enjoy playing a game , and about the people who are assholes all the communities have toxic players always.

BoomerZBear likes this.
  10. NBaird

NBaird CRAB GANG

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Arcadia
    If you're serious, let me know if or when you get a Switch

I'll buy you mk8d.

Espurr_72 and Tzuzu like this.
  11. Tzuzu

Tzuzu 美月 MKU Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    Team:
    Could just stay away from the mkw community :)

zakk, Jazz, Espurr_72 and 4 others like this.
  12. Sora

Sora

• Founding Member
    Team:
    find a chill group of people you like playing with. you'll enjoy mkw a lot more surrounded by people that aren't toxic to you.

Kneekoe likes this.
  13. Khaos

Khaos

im being legit

14. Harm

Harm Jupiter Drive

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    trust me when I say that it's not a personal thing. I highly doubt the community wants you, and specifically you, gone. it's a group pack/elitist mentality that leaves you feeling unwelcomed but it helps to know that it has happened to countless players in the past and will only continue to happen.

if you have fun with the game but hate being around the shitty community, unable to find yourself a group that actually likes and enjoys your company, then by all means you should dissociate yourself from it. don't waste your time pondering it; if you feel like you'll be happier away from this place then do what you feel is best for you. if you decide later on that you wanna give this hellhole another go then don't feel ashamed for that and don't let idiots troll you for it.

tl;dr this shouldn't even be a thread. leave if you think it's better for you and will make you happier. don't force yourself to be part of a community that doesn't make you feel welcome and definitely don't waste your time trying to gain their approval. it's not worth it.

Xiro, Dragon and Aditya~ like this.
  15. lina

lina (ノ◕_◕)ノ*:・゚✧

• MKBoards Supporter
    i understand you very well tbh
    toxin is a part of every community
    i think if you are new to the game its pretty hard to make new friends but there are also nice people
    pm on discord if you would like to talk
    lina#9999

Aditya~ likes this.
  16. SiKH

SiKH

Team:
    JJ
    The decision is up to you, if you don't feel you're comfortable with the toxic environment in the community then you should probably lay off on the community by taking a break and come back when you feel you're ready to give this community another chance. Because, this community isn't the nicest place when it comes to new players hence why I'd say most don't last very long here and it's basically trying to survive from the memers and trollers until you gain their "respect" in some sort of way. You kinda have to change your ways in order to gain acceptance here if you really wanna get along with the community. It's good to be a nice guy, but you can't always be nice to everyone because people will do everything that they can to hurt your positive reputation. However, as mentioned by others from their previous posts. Try finding a group of friends you're comfortable with and able to "click" in with them in order to stay safe and don't get involved too much in the community if you wanna play it on the safe side. When it comes to new people joining the competitive community in a late time. It does takes a lot of time to get positive notice from others, unless you're comfortable with your play style and attitude and if you are, you can simply ignore the trollers/memers and haters or hit the report button if it leads to something really serious or sensitive. Truthfully, there are far more worse communities out there than MKW competitive side where it's non-stop shit talking, shitting on the baddies, and many more you can think if 24/7. So like I said in the beginning, the decision is up to you, no one is gonna stop you from leaving the community nor will people want to force you to stay because that's just their opinion and you control your own destiny.

17. Sane

Sane

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    I think the general solution to this would be to shrug the negativity off... obviously easier said than done but generally it will work out in the long by run if you don’t let people get to you. Being modest is also a good idea because it limits things that people can use against you.

BoomerZBear likes this.
  18. Ash

Ash t&a :3333333 Staff Member

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Z★
    I kind of felt the same way when i first joined the community, (I was 11 at the time and i kind of felt the same way you do now.) I found out that there was always going to be assholes no matter where you go, unfortunately. The way I found hope is through good friends, you should try to make really good friends. Then you'll be able to find fun in the game. But, I should warn you right away that no matter what community you go into, there's always going to be people who are jerks. Don't let those jerks ruin the enjoyment in the game. If you do, then they've won and you've lost. As always, there are people who are nice in this community too. If you find someone like that, then it really doesn't matter what the rest of the community thinks of you. At least that's what I've experienced.

Xiro, Nebs, BoomerZBear and 1 other person like this.