1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask a member of site staff!
    Dismiss Notice

A change of group ranking for the World Cup

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by ryubix, Mar 26, 2018.

1. ryubix

ryubix

Team:
    Magikart Community
    Hi, and yes, I did have write two propositions in the same day, but why not?

So, I did notice that the ranking between the Leagues and the World Cup are not the same:
    Mario Kart Leagues: ranking with a scoring system.
    Mario Kart World Cup(s): ranking with a number of winning system.

Why such a big difference between the two tournaments? It's played on the same game, with the same players, the match are all schedule on a special day and in the same rules for what I did have understand.

My idea is to make the World Cup event (the group stage only) have the same ranking system at people did in the Mario Kart Leagues.

Thank you for reading, take care. ;):wheel:
    :flagAU::flagBE::flagBR::flagKH::flagCA::flagCL::flagCN::flagCO::flagCR::flagDK::flagEC::flagEN::flagFO::flagFI::flagFR::flagDE::flagGL::flagHK::flagIS::flagIE::flagIN::flagID::flagIT::flagJP::flagLA::flagLU::flagMX::flagMN::flagNL::flagNZ::flagNO::flagNIR::flagPE::flagPH::flagSCO::flagSG::flagES::flagSE::flagCH::flagTW::flagUK::flagVN:

2. Owen

Owen WL Staff World Cup Staff

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    • World Cup Staff
    World cup and leagues are 2 different things in a way,
    Don't really know what you mean but we just normally follow through with the normal group stage then knockouts to win the tournament rather then just a straight up league. If you're talking about the points it's the same iirc with 3 for a win with no bonus point so the points system in the groups is the exact same as a league

3. ryubix

ryubix

Team:
    Magikart Community
    Maybe I wasn't very clear, sorry about that.
    In fact, I wonder why ONLY in the group stage of the Mario Kart World Cup, Teams are not ranked in their groups in the same way like we did in the Mario Kart Leagues. I did not talk abotu the elimination phase, because it's out of my idea.

I did just check on some years, between 2014 to 2017, and the ranking in the group stage was always with only the resume W-D-L and there is no clue to a single ranking with a scoring system: if the scoring system was used to, Japan will be first of the group A in 2017 not because of 3 wins, but because of 9 points. And the fact there is not a scoring system is not bad in fact, but I don't understand why the two competitions ranks the team in two differents ways.

I was talking about the group stage and nothing else, the WC group stage is played like a league in fact no?

4. Owen

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    • World Cup Staff
    It's like a league pretty much in a way since you play to get highest amount of points but to only go through

5. ryubix

ryubix

Team:
    Magikart Community
    Yeah, that's true, I just searched to know why the ranking is not made in the same way.
    Example: Group A of the 2017 event (MK8D), as shown on this web site: http://www.mkworldcup.com/mk8d/standings.php
    Actual ranking
    1st Japan 3-0-0
    2nd Canada 2-0-1
    3rd Australia 1-0-2
    4th Luxembourg 0-0-3
    They are ranked by their number of wins, instead of the scoring one used in league.

6. Owen

• Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    • World Cup Staff
    website didn't show the amount of points they got so that's why its like that

7. ryubix

ryubix

Team:
    Magikart Community
    So it was with points all along? Why I did never see them.... The forum like the website either didn't show them...