1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask a member of site staff!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can click here to download a zip file containing WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

Merging MKW Teams and PUGs

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Maq, Dec 11, 2016.

?

Should the Teams and PUGs section be merged?

Poll closed Dec 25, 2016.
  1. Merge Teams & PUGs

52.4%
  2. Don't Merge

47.6%
  3. Something else, I'll post a suggestion below

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Maq

Maq YEAH Staff Member

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Some users feel as though recently the term "team" has lost its original meaning, and that teams and PUGs are being run in similar manners. If the two sections do end up merging, it wont interfere with how leaders run their clans, so they still can decide whether or not their members can join other "teams" or "PUGs".

For this poll, you must post your argument/opinion on the matter before you vote, or it may not be taken into consideration.

Also, if you haven't yet, go check out the poll about changing/getting rid of the Mixed Team Section here.

Thanks!

Boom and Smoke like this.
  2. ~Maidvelia❤~

~Maidvelia❤~ Red Like Roses WL Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    HD☆, U★, GE
    Wiimmfi FC:
    4297-4674-3102
  3. Savannah

Savannah Thunder & Lightning WL Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    Explorers of Time
    I feel as if the term "team" has definitely lost its meaning. I see people in more than 1 team very often. In addition to this, WL allows PUGs to play, which allows people transfer to another team/PUG like it's no big deal, and that's odd to me. Putting teams/PUGs under the umbrella term "clan" is more suitable, since all clans would no longer be divided as if multi-clanning doesn't exist, and leaders can still lead their clans the way they want to.

Smoke, Shix and TK64 like this.
  4. TK64

TK64

• Founding Member
    Team:
    ωZ
    people already multiclan anyways whether it's labeled a "team" or not there really is no reason to separate the two terms at this point

Aditya~, Chloe, Shix and 2 others like this.
  5. Futile

Futile

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Mo // znκ
    the way i see it its stupid that you want to make the decisions for every clan on the boards

clans were the ones that decided to be a team or a group, so theres no point combining them imo

ash, Chiharu, Knee and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sayn

Sayn

• Founding Member
    the game is probably at its lowest and will die pretty much soon. whenever i check there are the same 10 people online. just leave it how it is

Knee likes this.
  7. Boom

Boom

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Genocide
    idk why it's so hard for people to just stay in 1 main clan and join any subs they want

or at least stay as an ally for another main they're in

loyalty just dies more and more

SMASH, EchoKM, Storm and 6 others like this.
  8. mine

mine The libero

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Don't you all have finals or something else to care about?

Just combine them as "clans" and move on?

Or leave it up to the choice of the leader

King and ~Maidvelia❤~ like this.
  9. ~Maidvelia❤~

~Maidvelia❤~ Red Like Roses WL Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    HD☆, U★, GE
    Wiimmfi FC:
    4297-4674-3102
    The problem is some subs get ran like mains and the lines get blurred.

It also gets to the point where people start prioritizing their subs over their main. You could essentially put some of the blame on main clan leaders not being stern enough, but it's not entirely their fault.
    ---
    If people want to be simple, just go by a main is the group significant enough for you to play the league with.

10. ace

ace lmaO

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    LIJ
    It's 2016, I don't think anyone's cares about the different types of clans, they just want to play with their friends lmao

c, ash, Chiharu and 4 others like this.
  11. Boom

Boom

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Genocide
    yeah i get what you mean

i guess i've always just felt if you continuously put a sub over your main, a change with the member or parts of the clan as a whole has to be made

~Maidvelia❤~ likes this.
  12. Futile

Futile

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Mo // znκ
    well its up to the clan leader of how they want to run it, and its up to the player which teams they prefer to play with

dont get me wrong i like the idea of prioritizing mains but at this point its just not gonna happen and its kinda pointless to try and fix it now of all times

Chiharu and Nolia. like this.
  13. Dugo

Dugo

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    β̶̳̯̙̰͆̈́̋λ̵̜̪͎̤̙̔
    I don't know how to feel about this honestly. Given how most of the community acts towards clanning yeah, teams and PUGs should be merged. I hate that it's like this though. I much prefered when clan loyalty was a thing... I don't think I have few friends in the community and I'm in various chats but when do you ever see me warring for anything other than BA? like 5 times per month? Or then there's also stuff like warring EX... I finish a war vs them and I question if I just warred EX, NRG, GAMT, KG, RE, myself, whatever crosses your mind... beating "x" group also loses its meaning to me as "x" has tons of people who are also in "y" and "z" if you get what I mean.

I really don't understand people who prioritize subs over their main constantly or even worse I cringed at when this summer people literally dipped their mains just to play mogis in S's all the time. As you said clan leaders can be blamed to a certain extent. My own clan has some people who play/will play WL for other PUGs. Why do I allow that if I'm against the current mentality? Because 1) those are people who probably won't have room to play in for BA because of our current roster and 2) even if I threatened them not to do that, they could just opt to join another team which allows that instead. Being too strict at this point is just counter-producing, so I sadly have to lower my standards. What's sure is that if someone in my clan will prioritize other teams/pugs over mine, they know their time in BA will be close to an end. Time ago if someone ended up playing more for someone else they'd just leave, seems like it doesn't work this way anymore for the most part.

This is what most people think, there's no wrong and no right at this point I suppose but I don't understand how what year we're in influences how seriously we take things.. if it's 2016 let's also allow hacking in wars since all we want to do is having fun right? I envy the MK8 community for having teams still in a serious manner on that regard.

don't take this as a personal attack, ur a scrub still though........... x

I know it's too late to bring back what we had and stuff, just felt the need to rant about it tbh, seems like people are fine either way anyways.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Monosc, Reno, Futile and 9 others like this.
  14. Vigorous A

Vigorous A

How I always thought of it was that you were allowed to one main and as many subs as you want (going by the labels "teams" and "pick-up-groups")

don't exactly understand how it is now / how that changed

15. Sean

Sean a skinny legend

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    yeah literally who cares

its mkw, its 2016, mkw is dead.

multi-clanning should've been a thing since the start, loyalty is overrated and y'all reaching far too deep into morals for a mario kart game with loyalty

Chiharu likes this.
  16. ace

ace lmaO

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    LIJ
    It's not that the year itself is relevant, it's just more just a figure of speech. What im trying to say is back when we first joined the community it was kinda just the thing to do where everyone joined a singular main clan and you stuck with that clan over time but as the years have gone on and the competitiveness in this game has unfortunately dropped, more people tend to join a clan just because of the people involved. Back in 2011 I joined veteran clans just because of the name, not the people inside of it. It was prestigous to be in certain clans but now people aren't really fussed if you're in two main clans aslong as you're an active player and get along well with the people inside the clan so having these main and sub labels for a clan doesn't really seem relevant compared to a few years back.

love u 2 x

Dugo likes this.
  17. TK64

TK64

• Founding Member
    Team:
    ωZ
    How it used to be was that the term "subclan" existed as an excuse for people to multiclan, but now there are a lot of people who are in several different "main clans" anyways, and people don't really care. The only case of a clan that I can think of that doesn't allow multi-clanning is Avail. What it mainly just comes down to is people having different friend groups that they also want to play with, and limiting yourself to only 1 team (outside of WL) really just isn't necessary and would probably make the community even less active than it already is.

WollywogZ is ran like a main clan but has always been a subclan since it was made in 2011, and the term "team" vs "subclan" really just doesn't mean anything to me so there's no point in changing it.

Storm, ace and Vigorous A like this.
  18. Storm

Storm

Team:
    Coastline

ash, xSpade24, Knee and 2 others like this.
  19. Tyler

Tyler May I have this valse?

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    La Valse(Reg) & Va(CT)
    just be weeb community, call everything teams and leave it up to the leader of said teams to determine if its ok to multiclan or not

this doesnt matter to me at all because im never joining anything except relapse so feel free to not take my opinion seriously if you think its stupid

Knee, Killua, Smoke and 1 other person like this.
  20. Smoke

Smoke

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    λρocalypse
    This is incorrect. Ap was bullied into being moved to the "PUG" section for no reason other than we are "not active enough to be considered a team." Considering WL allows for PUGs to compete, I think all threads should be moved to one section. Enough with the oppression, hope this motion is passed.

Futile likes this.
  21. Kasper

Kasper

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Huh, glad my post was worthy of mentioning.

I actually agree with a lot of what @Dugo said and, with the next instalment of MK (granted it's any good), I wouldn't mind seeing 'clanning' go back to how it used to be in MKW's early years, that is without the concept of pick-up groups or, at the very least, having a meaningful difference between the two terms. However, the distinction between 'teams' and 'pick-up groups' is so arbitrary today that it renders itself pointless. So I stand by what I said in the previous thread.

Dugo and ~Maidvelia❤~ like this.
  22. Futile

Futile

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Mo // znκ
    well thats one case out of hundreds :p

23. Smoke

Smoke

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    λρocalypse
    Futile likes this.
  24. Killua

Killua 私はアダージョが大好き

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    The majority of main clans allow multiclanning right now, and multiclanning has pretty much always existed in the form of subclans. If you want people to value loyalty then enforce it within your own team, you're very free to do that. No one should try to dictate what other teams and players do, it has no relevance to you.

SX likes this.
  25. Reno

Reno Vanilla Twilight

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Battle Alliance
    I don't see a need to change it, if a player is prioritising subclans over their main or multiclanning and their main clan leader doesn't like it, then it's their job to have a word with that player to sort things out and then take action (aka warning/kicking said player) if they're ignored. They don't have to put up with it if they don't want to. :rolleyes:
    Personally I value loyalty, but not everyone does, and we should leave it up to individuals to choose how they want to act.

xSpade24 likes this.