1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask a member of site staff!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can click here to download a zip file containing WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

2v2 FFA Tournament (May 26th, 2018)

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by Ridge, May 6, 2018.

1. Ridge

Ridge

Team:
    Snc
    Yes I am back with another Tournament

Created and Hosted By: @Ridge
    Tournament Type: 2v2v2v2v2v2
    Starting Date/Time: Saturday, May 26th @ 12:00 PM EDT (17:00 BST)
    Registration Deadline: Saturday, May 26th @ 11:30 PM EDT (16:30 BST)
    Click here for help converting to your timezone: http://time.is/EDT / https://time.is/BST
    Limit: 64 Teams
    Description: There has been a decline in tournaments (2 MK8DX FFAs in 2017) so I decided to host a 2v2 FFA.

Players will form groups of 2 and play in rooms with 5 other teams, where the top 3 teams will advance each round.

Discord Contacts:
    Ridge - Mr_Ridge1##3651

Rules

I. Registration
    a.
    Teams must register themselves through this thread. Players do not have to register individually.
    a.i. Players do not need to be registered for MKU to participate
    b. You must have an account on MKBoards.com to register your team.
    c. Discord ID is only required for hosting. If you have any chance to a host, please sign up as one.
    d. You may not create a new Switch FC after the tournament starts.
    e. You may not ask someone to sub you.
    e.i. The only exception to this is if you advanced from a round, but cannot play any longer. You may ask the next player in your room to sub you.
    f. If you wish to cancel your registration, please post on this thread or message one of the organizers.

II. General
    a.
    When you sign up to the FFA, you agree to the rules of the FFA and to the final decisions of the FFA organizers.
    b. Free choice of tracks, vehicles, characters, and controllers.
    c. All races will consist of normal items, 150cc, and CPUs off. During the finals, hard CPUs will be turned on.
    d. Each round prior to finals consists of 8 races.
    e. Finals will be 12 races.
    f. Repeats are -15 points.
    g. Players found with game-breaking lag will be disqualified, and MKU Staff will be alerted. (Example: constant warping, causing roulette to have massive lag, etc)
    g.i. Players flagged due to lag in MKU will not be allowed to participate. To check if you are on the flaglist, please visit http://forums.mkboards.com/threads/mku-dx-bans-lagging-hosting-conduct.32574/
    h. You cannot voice communicate with other teams in your room.
    h.i. If a player is found to be voice communicating with other teams, they will be disqualified and banned for the next 2 events.
    i. Teaming is banned.
    i.i. If a player is found to be teaming, they will be disqualified and banned for the next 2 events.
    j. Players must not use any form of hacking or other exploitations.
    j.i. Should a player hack, the host is to immediately close the room, remove the offender(s), and re-open the room. The race will not count and the player will be disqualified. MKU and Site Staff will be notified.
    k. Should a player troll, the host is to immediately close the room, remove the offender(s), and re-open the room. The race will not count and the player will be disqualified. The player will be banned for the next 6 events.
    l. The organizers have the right to take action on any other instances that they believe prevent the tournament from running smoothly.
    m. Rules are subject to change until the start time.

III. Scoring
    a.
    Your total score will be the total points you scored in 8 races (12 races in finals).
    b. Prior to the finals, players who disconnect will receive +3 per race missed.

IV. Groups
    a.
    Groups prior to the finals are selected based on RNG. If the tournament organisers feel that three or more players shouldn't be in the same room together, they will be moved to another room to avoid teaming.
    b. Teams must add their respective host and join when the room is opened.
    c. Failure to join within the allotted time will result in an automatic disqualification.
    d. 2 teams of each room will be advanced, no matter how many people are playing.

V. Room
    a.
    Host must add players at least 15 minutes before the starting time of Round 1.
    b. In each round, players have 10 minutes to join the room after the start time. (For example, 2:10 EDT if the start time is 2:00)
    c. The host must open the room within 10 minutes after the round announcement time.
    d. In the rare event that there are not enough hosts available, the tournament organisers will disqualify the last x amount of participants.
    d.i. For example, if there is one room without a host, the last 12 participants to sign up will be disqualified.
    e. If a host is found to be breaking hosting rules, they will be permanently banned from hosting a room in any event by staff discretion.

VI. Results
    a.
    Top 3 teams will advance to the next round, while bottom 2 teams will be eliminated.
    b. Once a player is eliminated, the player cannot take part in the tournament again.
    c. When posting results make sure to clearly mark what room you were in, show who is proceeding to the next round, and next to their name make sure to post their Switch FC.
    d. Once a room finishes, we will wait for all the other rooms to finish before posting new groups.

VII. Tags
    a.
    Teams of 2 must create unique tags to make your team distinct in these rounds.
    b. You can not use the same tag as another team, and your tag must be the the same set of symbols/numbers/letters placed somewhere in your Mii name.
    c. You can not use a tag that is related to the word, example, Player 1 - Cheeseburger, Player 2 - Fries,

Sign-up Format:
    Tag - Mii Name (Switch FC) (Discord Name#ID for hosts) (Twitch channel link for streamers)
    Tag - Mii Name (Switch FC) (Twitch channel link for streamers)

Example:
    MKB Sabby (9999-9999-9999) (Savannah#3847) (http://twitch.tv/sabzsy)
    MKB Jake (7777-7777-7777)

Cheers

2. Ridge

Ridge

Team:
    Snc
    Registered teams: 0
    Valid teams: 0
    Unable to play: 0
    Subs: 0
    Hosts: 0
    Hosts needed: 0

3. [RK]Roberto

[RK]Roberto

Team:
    Rozando la Katástrofe
  4. Cam37

Cam37

Switch FC:
    SW-4753-1581-9122
    вG Casch! (4753-1581-9122)
    вG wam! (6149-2951-7307)
    (Cam#6762 can host if absolutely needed)

!wisch! likes this.
  5. GoldYoshi

GoldYoshi

Team:
    Tidal Wave
    Switch FC:
    6686-9427-5974
  6. Twonk

Twonk It's all perspective. World Cup Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • World Cup Staff
    Team:
    Λν | ÐVP | Mγ
    Gv◆Twonk (5092-8200-4547)
    Gv◆Muru (6528-5079-2985)

Tzuzu likes this.
  7. ち

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Severance
    だーくのよめ 6018-1866-0214
    だーくふぉーす 1106-5921-1525

8. Purple

Purple

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    Mushroom Team
    [MT]Ky 7680-3462-6519
    [MT]Purple 1673-5918-8876

9. Nitroco

Nitroco

Team:
    STC
    JBZZ Nitrø ( 5533-0055-4238 )
    JBZZ Pyrax ( 0711-3303-8337 Can host ) discord : Pyrax#0001 https://twitch.tv/Pyrax

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  10. $leep

$leep

SO$leep (8043-1664-1138)
    SO4:40am (3039-0840-5131)

11. Perishi

Perishi

Team:
    BL
    Switch FC:
    6599-5650-2986
    snapDRAGON (6599-5650-2986)