1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask a member of site staff!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can click here to download a zip file containing WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

[WIP] Electrodrome

Discussion in 'Star Cup' started by Nearo, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Nearo

Nearo

Team:
    High Definition

[MUST BE ADDED: MT shortcut strat.]
    -SuperFX 3/1/17

fun fact : i never liked that course until i learned it completely

Going for the antigravity part

Well well well,you have like a turn and a glider before reaching that. Let's see how does one gains time there.

Glider :

One does not simply mess around at this glider. The timing has to be very very special,to do not lose time and get the coins properly. First of all,you should do 2 slides before reaching the glider part,it can make you gain around .010 milliseconds.

Then until you get the 2nd coin,keep putting your pad down,but try going a bit on the right too,otherwise the angle of the next turn will be screwed up.

The first turn :

Yeah there sure is something special. You start your drift through glider ( it should be really easy to do and to notice aswell) ,then you leave your pad neutral, and you keep switching between neutral position and softdrift while aiming for the tightest turn possible.

Then release your SMT while staying tight,and while softdrifting aswell. Do 2 hops going on the right without touching your pad.

The Purple Antigravity Part

Now that we've reached the antigravity part,we can start saying that anything that you do must be frame perfect to gain a lot of time.

The second turn :

When you are starting your drift, it should be like a slide. Why ? It's just better for the rest. You should have this kind of angle when you start it

Then go on the left until the specific spot where you will have to release your SMT.

Start your hoptech by a left hop,then after 5 hops,start sliding twice and aim for the spinbooster

Spin Booster :

Most people say that the spin booster is pretty random,the way to gain time with it is luckbased,ect. Well,I'll prove you wrong.

No I didn't get 'bumped'. That's because at the SMT release,I was aiming a lot on the left (So during the entire hop I moved my pad on the left) and then kept going.But still,taking it this way isn't going to make you gain a lot.

Yeah,it's a hop. So what you have to do basically,to gain time by taking the spinbooster :

Aim for the left after the SMT release,do 5 hops which starts by a left hop,take the spinbooster by the left without getting bumped while doing a slide going on the left,do a hop then a slide right after it, and do 2 hops then keep sliding until the next drift.

I want to see the place where Shy Guys are singing

Well then,i'll tell ya how to get there quicker.

So for now,you can do any slidetech you want,but it has to end up on at least 1 slide going on the right,to gain time of course.

The third turn :

Whenever you start the third turn,start it by softdrifting,then go on the left,but don't touch your pad too much otherwise you'll end up losing time.

For the first moment that you have to go on the right,just follow how the road goes,but keep going tight

After that , still staying tight,gonna do a softdrift and then i go on the left with 3 hops then a slide on the stud to have these 2 coins

Then release your SMT at the end of the 3rd huge stair,and hop on the 5th one,and then trick on the glider.

The shortcut

Eh,nobody likes that part I guess. Normal,because the exit is a pain in the ass.

Aim for the right,take the coins that are mainly on the right,start your drift by going on the left then leave your pad neutral until you've gotten the 2nd coin and then go on the right again.

Now,to take the shortcut at least properly :

You are going to keep your pad on the right,until the moment when you will be in the air,you will move suddently a little your pad on the left to get a perfect angle similar to this one :

Then shroom as tight as possible,but put again right after shrooming your pad on the right to do not hit the wall.

Then do slides.

Nothing differs on lap2 and 3,it's pretty much the same timing for everything at a faster pace, besides that the second turn can be taken by putting your pad completely on the right.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2017
  2. Markness

Markness Х Staff Member

• Global Moderator
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Đ¥
    Pics should work now, nice guide.

3. MLG74Zeager

MLG74Zeager

This is my favorite course that helped a lot I'm trying to sub 2:00.

4. Mister Wu

Mister Wu

• MKBoards Supporter
    @Nearo: By the way, I noticed that on gliders pads, with the right timing, you can trigger a standard jump + trick instead of the glider trick. You do this on the second glider segment of the first lap. Do you think this is faster than the glider trick?

5. Nearo

Nearo

Team:
    High Definition
    On the first glider,it saves about .005

On the second glider,it saves about .025

" Glitched " gliders are always faster,but of course,harder to get

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    Mister Wu likes this.
  6. Mister Wu

Mister Wu

• MKBoards Supporter
    Thanks for the response and this detailed guide!

7. Jordan

Jordan

Team:
    EXO
    nice guide mr. costa