1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask a member of site staff!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can click here to download a zip file containing WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

[Wii] Wario's Gold Mine

Discussion in 'Triforce Cup' started by Luso, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Luso

Luso mk8 is the superior game

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    imperious

Please, don't use blue falcon, use streetle and if you can't stand it use mach 8, you need to ledge hang lol.

Before we even go into the guide, I want all of you to know how frustrating this track is, and how hard it is, it is extremely unique and one where you will constantly get frustrated and be mad at it, either missing something, losing time for no reason, not getting the frame perfect shit in this track, etc. So if you're not patient forget about playing this, or just beat the expert staff ghost if you can. Even then I'm here to write my other guide apart from mount wario.
    You will constantly run into hard strats and this is probably the most time based track in the game, not to mention every single turn is a softdrift here, also wanted to include sliding hops for no reason too because the track is "sketchy" It's very easy to slide a hop or to miss one, etc. Now lets get onto the guide if you're still reading since I probably just demotivated most of you to play this :)

Lap 1:

We begin with a turn to the right, doing 2 hops (right-left, or left-right as you prefer. The second one is slightly faster (just about 0.020) after these 2 hops we slide left as a counter drift to charge the MT release the MT with a hop to the left, do one more slide and drive towards the downhill ramp. Here comes in my opinion the most frustrating part in the track, even though I find it fairly easy lap 1 due to low amount of coins.

There are quite a lot of ways to do this goddamn zipper, the fastest is to hop right, slide left and slide right into the boost pad and performing hops until your boost ends and you begin to do slides, if you watch my WR I do a hop right, slide right and then I slide left into the boost pad, I'm not capable of learning it the good way which is why my WR is not as maxed as it can be. So I'd rather you guys learn it well from the begining. Even doing it with a different hop pattern it's not that much slower, but you can find it easier one way or another. However, I believe for lap 1 it's better to do: Release MT + hop right, slide right and slide left into the boost pad, due to the allignment + slides later, for the rest of laps its better alterning direction.

After this drama take a nice tight turn and release your MT with 2 hard slides right (keep holding right while doing 2 slides and on your 3rd slide we continue to the next straight where we delay our SMT a bit and do 6 hops: (left-left-right-left-right-right) and right after this right hop (ba dum tss) we use our shroom and firehop left-right-left-right, aiming for the ledge to get air time (you can see this in the latest WR) and sometimes you will get a nice launch from that air (remember how stupid and random this track is so don't get your hopes up) After the air time hop (even if you didn't get it which is likely to happen because gg allignment and random track) hop left, and then slide right, and do as many slides as you can. Would like to mention you can get a similar launch without the ledge too but the ledge launch is better. Also one of the easiest parts to fuck up a beautiful run by just sliding stupidly a hop or just fucking up and falling down like a friend?.

Next up we take a tight turn right until we get the SMT, as early as you can and hop 3 times left, on the 3rd hop we charge another MT, hop right and hop left onto the boost pad, on this boost pad you can sometimes get the low jump if you time it correctly (quite random really like everything in this track :)) and land with the MT charged, hop right and do 2 or 3 slides right to then charge another MT, which we release with a hop left, slide left, right, left, left, and drift right into the cave exit (please remember everything is a softdrift in this track) release the SMT a bit before the downhill starts, and do 2 hops left, 1 right and another one left, they are very time based and its about feeling, this is another random part in the track (what a fucking surprise) and sometimes you can be failing miserably for hours or you can just be really consistent at it, you can either gain a ton of time or lose a ton of time, life or death pretty much.

After these hops slide right, and keep on doing slides (as many as you can) and charge the SMT for the last turn, where we want to delay it a bit aswell as the one before the shroom, this is really important for the slides later. You normally release the SMT just as you hit the shadow the finish line makes:

Lap 2/3:

We released our SMT and do hops: left-right-left-right-left and continue with 2 slides right and 2 slides left. If you see yourself losing time here you're most likely releasing the the SMT too early or just choking lines. Now have fun with the zipper, which I explained in lap 1, this time you have 10 coins, have fucking fun with this crap, you're going to fail millions of runs on this stupid straight away, in fact let me get straight to it. You can either:

- Get air time at the top of the hill before the zipper which loses a ton of time.
    - Miss the zipper because it decides to dissapear.
    - Not hitting the zipper in the best way losing a nice amount of time.
    - Slide a hop because the track is stupid.
    - Get air time after the fire hopping at the top of the hill because its retarded.

Have fun failing in the rest of the track too but that part is the hardest for me.

All the rest of the lap is exactly the same as lap 1, just much harder with 10 coins, so don't get too excited if you're getting close to WR lap 1s because lap 2 and 3 will make you want to select Change Course in the start menu.

I'm going to end my guide here, have fun with this, (actually you won't, why am I even lying) or you'll have fun for a small while until you start failing. Depending on what you're aiming for the track will be more frustrating or not, just don't get onto WR pace if you don't want to kill yourself like me. Cya nerds, hope the guide helped.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    Reverse, Emilia, Espada and 4 others like this.
  2. ThePY06

ThePY06

If you play with gamepad stick, it is really faster to play with streetle ? Usually I took Mach 8, and my splits are better with M8 than streetle. :eek:

3. Luso

Luso mk8 is the superior game

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    imperious
    Hello, sorry for the late response, I was banned.

Yes, streetle is faster (and easier) than mach 8, maybe you'll find it hard to adapt but at the end it's faster. Good luck!