Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Savannah, May 2, 2017.
When i made that one i was like "wow thats soooo kd"
Nah not really. It's missing the color green.
And that font is hideous.
Both shades you chose of those colors suck, along with the font, stop trying.
Really digging this layout of each game hav1ng its own section with everything.
Agreed, it's clean as hell.
- New subforum collapse button + sidebar collapse button
As seen in the gif, the width of the site notifications is wonky now. It'll be fixed. Also, the button is invisible on themes with light blue category strips. The button will be colored differently for each theme soon.
- Updated the welcome message that you receive when you first register. It's now more informative and directs new members to places they may be interested in.
Probably will post on this thread later with a few more updates.
Oh, and upon recent suggestion on this thread, we will look into possibly implementing a new logo.
- MKWC subforums up.
- Remodeled the MKU section to accommodate MK8D changes.
- Rules now include the Terms of Service, and are now located in the "Terms and Rules" section of the site.
I think it should be "Rules and Terms of Service" since the Rules are generally what is more focused on here than the ToS.
glad the collapse feature was added, really tiny mistake though the + / - symbols do the opposite of what they're meant to (+ collapses and vice versa)
That redirect at the top to the rules and all the awards and stuff is looking tight
- Staff applications for all staff groups are now located underneath one subforum (Staff Applications underneath Site Discussion)
- Staff-Hosted Tournaments and The Lab categories have been deleted
- MK8 Modding section has been added (@Kyrn @Nato tagging you two since I know you two pushed most for it in the past)
Finalization of the site's new subforum layout is coming close; few more things that need to be done, then some nitpicks, and we're pretty much done with it; focus will go on to the miscellaneous and site design portion of the first post once its done.
the world is good again
Tried out some things this morning:
- Some subforums are displayed side by side now
- MKBoards Plain Dark style has subforums within subforums hidden on the forum home
- RSS feed hidden on MKBoards Plain Dark style
I'll be working some more on the forums later this evening. I want to edit the "Latest Post" block, display more subforums side by side, and edit the order of some subforums. not to mention I also want to apply these changes to all styles
- Subforums are hidden on forum index
- Category strip titles are now capital and bold
I'd like feedback on the above changes - also including if they're buggy/glitchy for anyone or if you don't see them at all (they should be applied to all styles, but I'm not sure if I missed a style)
- Switch & Wiimmfi FC custom user field (Admin panel is being slow for me at the moment, otherwise I'd add it now.. pfft. You'll probably see it randomly come up)
- Design changes (Category strip title font isn't final - it'll receive a change or two based on feedback/our own opinion. "Latest Post" block will receive some changes. Oh and the annoying extra border underneath the last subforum of every category will be gone)
- Potential new tab look - those tabs on the sidebar may receive a change where they're wider and you can collapse them. Same function as we have now but a different look.
School's out for me on Friday so I'm really hoping to get down and finish this stuff after then
I don't like that I now have to click a drop-down menu/take more clicks to get to the General/Competitive/Time Trial subforums. It makes the site look cleaner, sure, but it's really hard to even notice that there are subforums now. Those 3 I mentioned should stay visible for each game imo, navigation is more tedious the way it is now.
These look really ugly to me, sorry.
Also, idk what's going on but the sections I have collapsed seem to expand themselves every once in a while; not sure if its due to all the site changes resetting what I have collapsed/expanded or just a bug in the feature but yea
Just my feedback, idk how many people agree or not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
this looks no good!!!
I reverted the change on the category strips for now. Switch and Wiimmfi FC fields finally exist along with a 3DS FC field
Side by side subforums can also be reverted if a lot of people don't like it; so far hearing real mixed feedback
If some people don't like hidden subforums, havin'g them only on specific styles could be a thing so people can choose their preference on that.
- - -
There was one moment I had to disable and re-enable the add-on. maybe that's what caused it to reset? Sorry about that.
^^^ but for MKU and WL. It's much more accessible to have the subforums out. And if it's too long for some people because of that they can collapse the games they don't play anyways.
Can also confirm the collapse works now permanently.
I think instead of dividing Teams, Pickup groups, League, and Discussion you should Divide it between the 3 games and make an even 4 with the "other games" section, if you need an example I can show you
The games as separate categories (instead of forums) is the cleanest this site has ever been. Every other layout has been messy as hell. Whatever other layout you have in mind I doubt will be as good.
I would love to be proven wrong though.
Instead of making people view the entire site let the games be their own categories that you click on instead of viewing MK8 MK8D MK7 MKW Other Games all on the front.
Horrible example but assign the games (MK8D, MK7, MKW, and "Other Mario Karts") their own section, and once you click it only that game's threads and posts will be displayed.
I like it.
Less is more.
thx for reverting that change
personally I don't mind the side-by-side thing, imo its just the box outlines that look weird now
I know hidden subforums only make navigating one more click longer to get to things but yea the site looks really wrong without them visible. If you're gonna do it by a theme-by-theme basis I only request you make them visible on the TM theme or at least a dark theme with blue highlights.
glad to know it's not a bug w/ the collapse feature
all the other changes so far (and to come) look good, keep it up
Separate names with a comma.