1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask a member of site staff!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can click here to download a zip file conaining WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Season 2 - Should we bring back 200cc / Battle?

Discussion in 'Help, Information, & News' started by Cynda, Sep 12, 2017.

?

Which modes would you want to return?

1. 200cc

2. Battle

3. Neither

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cynda

Cynda MKU Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • MKU Staff
    Team:
    title^
    MKU Staff want to know what interest is remaining for 200cc and Battle for season 2, and if we should bring it back. There's a poll attached where you can vote for 200, Battle, or neither (you can vote for both). If you have any other thoughts, feel free to post them.

2. Athaway

Athaway

Team:
    Drift Riders
    if staff decides to bring back 200cc div DR + a few other people will prob play

Espurr_72 likes this.
  3. Leonard

Leonard

Team:
    Merciless / Impetus
    Personal thoughts, I just believe that since there were a lot of teams that do 150 and are in high divisions such as HD, ARC and DR for 200 and Svc and Xi for battle it kind of "puts off" more lower classed clans to play those modes.

If we get a lot more teams to try out for both modes even though they won't have a lot of practice with them I think both modes could get a lot more teams involved and would overtime get used to playing them competitively.

4. Espurr_72

Espurr_72

Switch FC:
    SW-2144-6665-7027
    @Leonard skill can be in better in 150, our example is being way better at 200 than 150.
    That could demotivate people from playing idk

5. IgelWH

IgelWH

MKU on 200cc would be also nice, i'm so interested about this class, that is very fast and good for me to improve

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  6. Power

Power mec

>Letting people vote "neither" when they maybe didn't play any of these modes last season

You should directly ask if there are interested teams, the poll is useless

Espurr_72, shiiguy, Ace Tman and 5 others like this.
  7. Doni_Haymon

Doni_Haymon

Team:
    STC
    STC would like to open it 200cc section so..

8. UlłιмαłeλI

UlłιмαłeλI

MKU 200cc is great.

9. shiiguy

shiiguy twenty minutes MKU Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • MKU Staff
    Team:
    Divine Phoenix
    Switch FC:
    4382-4694-4705
    if there were enough teams to create more than 2 divs, then i'm pretty sure the lower tier teams would be down to play 200.

10. Teeples

Teeples http://i.imgur.com/wZdLxlV.jpg

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
    Should get a list of teams that are interested then go from there. Both divisions (Mainly Battle) were a huge disappointment Season 1 though with many teams that were hyped to play ending up playing rarely or not at all so that does worry me.

Could even do 200 / Battle team tournaments as well on like random Sats if it doesn't work out for MKU League as well since there obviously is still some interest at the very least.

11. RTAT120

RTAT120

Team:
    Banana Legion
    Switch FC:
    5412-1714-0623
    Pt wants both but personally if it had to be one or the other I would definitely pick 200cc, battle just isn’t as fun for me idk

12. Rookie

Rookie

• Founding Member
    Team:
    HD
    I think this poll won't explain things too well. Because I'm pretty certain there were fewer active players in 200 / Battle divs than those who voted on the poll.

It's easy to say yeah let's have them! But will these people all be willing to sign up and stick it out for 10 weeks?

Personally we're a bit burnt out on playing matches so I think HD will not be playing in 200cc/Battle next season if they do happen. From what I can tell though, 200cc still seems like there's significantly more interest than Battle going forward, and actually has a committed group of teams, even if it is small. In battle I think almost every team played just cuz they could but not because they really wanted to near the end.

The biggest problem with 200cc is that the skill gap is completely massive. Like Leonard mentioned it's probably demotivating to play when signing up at this point nearly guarantees 2 200+ pt losses to BzK and even 2 large ones for DR still in a season, for most teams who are interested but didn't end up playing. It would probably be better to have more than 1 division but even getting more than 8 willing volunteers for a season is hard enough already.

Battle's format needs to be completely scratched and revamped. It's okay that it failed, it was a test more than anything, but this format will not last as is right now. 12 Battles is way too long, and unless it's close it's a bit demotivating to play. Additionally something I noticed as the season went on is that teams just don't like certain modes enough to make them not want to play at all I guess. Though my thoughts completely changed on each mode during the season, I personally don't think my team would want to have to play Renegade Roundup anymore in league format. However, other teams think of it as the best mode. There's so little teams and so little agreements that it's making things impossible.

If this format continues, I think it should be cut down to maybe 6 matches per war (if this is possible, of course)

But I think it'd be better to have weekend events on offseasons maybe for battle, and maybe only do 1 mode per event. They'll probably be small, but it could be fun to battle on occasion and maybe more teams would be willing to join a tournament that lasts only a day and if they suck only have to play 2 matches to begin with. There's always a goal in these events, like win a match or something. Small events could be done in best of 3s or 5s even like a bracket and be pushed out in a day like a FFA I bet.

--------------------

On a completely subjective note, Bob-omb Blast is by far the best mode in the game (over the racing modes for that matter tbh), and it's not even close. It isn't completely ruined by lag like ST & RR, and is the only 100% skill based Head to Head mode to ever be introduced in a MK game :^)

also does anyone like balloon battle anymore we should ban it for not being ffa style it'd be possibly the best mode if so

also the orange names were far superior, i'm actually borderline disgusted now

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  13. Dr.CoolGuy

Dr.CoolGuy

Is anything happening about 200 mku

14. Dragmirejr

Dragmirejr Always keep an open mind! Staff Member MKU Staff

• Global Moderator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • MKU Staff
    Team:
    Arcadia
    We do not know yet, we will inform you all when we know ourselves!