1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask a member of site staff!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can click here to download a zip file conaining WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

[MKU-DX] Ruleset (Updated November 25th, 2017)

Discussion in 'Help, Information, & News' started by Teeples, May 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teeples

Teeples http://i.imgur.com/wZdLxlV.jpg

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
    Mario Kart Universal Ruleset (in effect on November 25th, 2017)

I. Registration

1.1.Team Registration

a. Only official main teams are allowed to participate in MKU competitions. PUGs are prohibited from participating.

b. In order to register a new team, a team representative must create a registration thread for the team in the MKU Team Registrations section of the forums. The required contents of this thread are to be checked in the official ‘How to register’-thread in the Registration section.

c. Newly registered teams must have at least 8 players registered in order to be eligible to participate in MKU competitions. Exceptions can be made for teams that have shown to be very reliable. (see section 1.2. New Player Registrations and section 1.4. Player Transfers)

i. If at any point in time an already registered team does not have at least 8 players registered for them, the team may be disqualified from any current MKU competitions and/or moved to the Previous Teams section at staff’s discretion.​

d. All registered teams must have at least 2 and no more than 3 official team representatives, where at least one of the representatives must be a leader of the team. Staff must be informed about a team’s representatives before the start of any MKU competition.

i. The discord ID of all team representatives must be provided to staff in order to add them to the respective chats on the MKU Discord server.​

ii. Team representatives must provide their division admin with their preferred default match time. The two options are 2pm and 3pm EST on Sundays. If teams fail to provide a time, the default time for their home matches will be 3pm EST.

iii. Teams and their representatives are strongly encouraged to organize all their matches in their respective Discord chats. Failure to do so may result in staff ruling any chat logs and evidence provided in case of rules issues as invalid.​

1.2.Player Registration

a. In order to register for MKU, players must create a registration thread in the New Player Registrations section of the forums. The required contents of this thread are to be checked in the official ‘How to register’-thread in the Registration section.

i. Registrations made after 11:59 pm EST on Fridays will not be considered for the current weekend’s MKU matches.​

b. Team representatives are permitted to register new players in their team.

c. Players may only be registered with one MKU team. Multi-clanning is therefore prohibited

i. Violating this rule by secretly signing up with a different name and Switch FC will officially be considered Alting.

ii. Players found to be alting will receive a 10-week ban from all MKU competitions.

iii. Players found to be alting a second time will be permanently banned from MKU.​

d. Players are allowed to play for the team they are registered with and that team only.

i. If a player is caught playing for a team they are not officially registered for, the team will have that player’s score subtracted or receive a default penalty of -100 (-120 for 6v6) for the respective match at staff's discretion.​

e. Players must provide a Switch FC upon registering for MKU.

i. Players may only play in MKU competitions with the Switch FC they signed up with.​

ii. If a player is caught playing with a Switch FC they are not registered with, the team will have that player’s score subtracted or receive a default penalty of -100 (-120 for 6v6) for the respective match at staff's discretion.​

iii. Players may register more than one Switch FC if video or picture proof is provided that all of those Switch FCs belong to them.

iv. Players wishing to change, update or add a Switch FC must provide picture or video proof that the new Switch FC belongs to the same player and follow the procedure specified in the 'Switch FC Update' section of the MKU Registration forum.​

v. Switch FC changing or update requests made after 11:59 pm EST on Fridays will not be considered for the current weekend’s MKU matches.​

1.3.Signing up for MKU competitions (aka. confirming participation)

a. Teams willing to participate in any MKU competition must confirm participation through the official Confirmation Thread posted in the respective sections by MKU staff before the season/event.

i. Teams must be officially registered for MKU and have a minimum of 8 players registered (see section 1.1.) in order to declare participation.

ii. Teams must honor the confirmation deadlines set by staff. Failure to do so may result in the team not being allowed to participate this season.

iii. Teams may be prevented from participating at staff’s discretion if the team assembled too many past warnings or is deemed too unstable.​

1.4.Player Transfers

1.4.1. In MKU League

a. Transfers during the season are limited to the transfer window between weeks 5 and 6.

i. Exceptions to this rule can be made for teams which have a secondary team participating in MKU. Transfers from the lower seeded to the higher seeded squad of a team may be requested by the team leader if at least one of the squads is in a dire situation.​

b. Transfer requests need to be posted by the player who is willing to transfer in the Transfers section of the forums.

i. Team representatives are permitted to make transfer posts for their players if evidence (in form of chat logs) is provided that the player in question agrees with the transfer.​

c. Players are only allowed to transfer to teams which play either in a higher division, in the same division, or in the next lower division compared to the team they are transferring from. I.e. a transfer from Division 2 to Division 4 is not allowed.

d. Players from teams which dropped out of the current MKU season will not be allowed to transfer for the remainder of the season.

i. Exceptions can be made if the dropout team was a secondary team. In this case the team leader may request players to be transferred from the lower seeded to the higher seeded team if the higher seeded team is in a dire situation.​

1.4.2. In MKU Circuit

a. The transfer rules and limitations during MKU Circuit follow those of MKU League by default. Potential deviations will be mentioned in the event presentation threads in the MKU Circuit section.

b. During a single multi-week MKU Circuit event, transfers between participating teams are prohibited by default.

i. Players who were not registered with any participating team at the start of the event are allowed to transfer to a participating team.​

1.4.3. In MKU Tournament

a. The transfer rules and limitations during MKU Tournaments may vary depending on the type, structure, and duration of the event. Details can be found in the event presentation threads in the MKU Tournament section.

1.4.4. - Outside of Competition

a.
    Players are free to transfer to any team during the off-season.

II. MKU Competitions

2.1.MKU League

2.1.1. General Information

a. The total number of teams which declared participation (see 1.3.) will be divided into several divisions based on skill level. The default division size is 6 teams each. Changes can be made depending on the number of participating teams at staff’s discretion.

b. The season length is 10 weeks by default. Teams play each other exactly twice per season by default.

c. Team seedings are determined by both last MKU League season’s results as well as the team’s estimated skill level based on recent match results.

i. A team’s placement in the last MKU League season impacts their seeding as follows:

- If a team placed 1st or 2nd, they will be seeded in the next higher division by default.
    - If a team placed 3rd or 4th, they will be seeded in the same division as last season by default.
    - If a team placed 5th or 6th, they will be relegated to the next lower division by default.​

ii. Teams which did not participate in the previous MKU League season will be seeded only based on estimated skill level.​

iii. Teams may request to play in a certain division upon confirming participation, though they must honor the final decision made by MKU staff. Failure to do so may result in a disqualification of the team for the current season.​

d. Teams are responsible for being stable and reliable throughout the season and are strongly encouraged to sign up only if they can guarantee that they will be able to play all 10 matches without difficulty.

i. Not playing (aka forfeiting) matches during MKU League will have the following consequences:

- 1st forfeit: Warning by the division admin
    - 2nd forfeit: Risk not being considered for participation in a future season
    - 3rd forfeit: Disqualification and immediate replacement by a substitute team if possible​

ii. Teams which drop out of a MKU League season of their own volition will be warned and may not be considered for participation in a future season.​

ii. Teams which drop out more than once, either due to being disqualified after forfeiting too many matches (see i.) or of their own volition (see ii.), will be permanently banned from participating in any MKU competitions.​

iii. If a team drops out during the first half of the season, all of that team’s matches during that half of the season will be scored as forfeits, same for the second half.​

2.1.2. Scoring System

a. Teams will be rewarded points for each MKU League match depending on the match result:

- 3 points for a win
    - 1 point for a draw
    - 1 point for a loss by 14 (20 in a 6v6) points or less
    - 0 points for a loss by 15 (21 in a 6v6) points or more
    - 0 points for a 0-0 double forfeit​

b. In the case of a tie between two or more teams within a division, there will be a set of checks to determine the higher placing team (Tiebreakers):

- The higher number of wins during the season
    - The higher point differential between the tied teams in matches against each other
    - The higher overall point differential within the division​

2.2.MKU Circuit

a. MKU Circuit may vary in terms of type, structure, and duration of the event. The rules for MKU Circuit can be found in the event presentation threads in the MKU Circuit section of the forums.

2.3.MKU Tournament

a. MKU Tournaments may vary in terms of type, structure, and duration of the events. The rules for any MKU Tournament can be found in the event presentation threads in the MKU Tournament section of the forums.

III. MKU Matches

3.1.Scheduling

3.1.1. MKU League matches

a. MKU League matches take place on Sundays at 2 or 3 pm EST by default, determined by the preferred match time of the hosting team (see rule 1.1. d. ii.).

i. Should teams fail to honor the scheduled time of the match, they will automatically forfeit the match.​

b. Teams may agree on a different match time which allows them to post the match results before the deadline at 11:59 EST on Sunday.

i. If both teams agree on a new match time, this agreed upon time will officially replace the default time as the officially scheduled time of the match. Should a team then fail to honor this scheduled time, that team will automatically forfeit the match.​

c. Should a scheduled match coincide with a country’s national or religious holiday or a large event which will affect a team’s ability to play at default time, the team is to contact their division admin and their opponents at least two weeks ahead of time and then to agree on a different time for the match to be played before the season ends.

i. An event is considered large enough to qualify if a minimum of 4 members from one team or at least 10 members from the community are attending the event.​

d. Should teams fail to reach an agreement about the scheduled war time for whatever reason, they must inform their division admin who will then decide on an appropriate time for the match to be played. Failure to honor this time set by the division admin will result in a forfeit for the team.

e. Teams who are unable to play a particular match at default time and who are unable to agree on a different match time on the same weekend as suggested in rule b., may request a reschedule to a later date, but before the end of the season.

i. Teams may only reschedule one match at the time. The only exception being if rule 3.1.1 c. applies.

ii. Teams willing to request a reschedule must inform their opponents and their division admin as early as possible.

iii. A match for which a reschedule was requested will initially be scored as a forfeit. If the match is played at the rescheduled time, the result will replace this forfeit.

iv. If a team’s opponents do not agree on rescheduling the match, the match will not be rescheduled and the result will be kept as a forfeit.

v. Players who have transferred to a different team during the season may not participate in rescheduled matches of their new team that were originally scheduled during a week in which the respective player was still registered for their former team.​

3.1.2. MKU Circuit matches

a. The match schedule for MKU Circuit matches must be taken from the event information threads in the MKU Circuit section of the forums.

3.1.3. MKU Tournament matches

a. The match schedule for MKU Tournament matches must be taken from the event information threads on the MKU Tournaments section of the forums.

3.2.Match Structure

a. The default match size is 5v5 or 6v6 depending on the tournament.

i. Teams who only have 4 players available in a 5v5 match at the scheduled time must play the match in a 4v5 by default. Teams who only have 5 players available in a 6v6 match at the scheduled time must play the match in a 5v6 by default.

ii. Matches may be played in the opposite default size if both teams agree on it.

iii. Teams who have less than 4 players available in a 5v5 match at the scheduled time automatically forfeit the match. Teams who have less than 5 players available in a 6v6 match at the scheduled time automatically forfeits the match.​

b. The default duration of MKU matches is 1 GP of 12 races.

c. MKU matches are played with the following settings:

- 150cc (200cc only in the 200cc Division)
    - All items (Normal) and coins enabled
    - Free choice of characters, vehicles, tires and gliders
    - No Teams option, meaning friendly fire is enabled
    - No Bots enabled in formats 5v5 and smaller, for 6v5 and 6v6 must be turned on (hard).​

d. Players are allowed to pick any of the 48 tracks total available in the game, as well as random.

i. Tracks which have already been played during the match may not be picked again for the remainder of the match. If a player fails to honor this rule and his selection is chosen, that player’s team will receive a -14 (-20 in 6v6) points penalty.

ii. No penalties will be given if the player whose selection was chosen picked random.​

f. In each MKU match, there will be a home team and an away team. By default, the home team is the team on the left and the away team is the team on the right side on the official division fixtures table.

g. MKU matches are to be played in private friend rooms hosted by a player from the home team (see section 3.3.1. Hosting the room). Teams are responsible for choosing an appropriate host based on previous experience, general maturity, and a reliable internet connection. Teams can be made responsible and punished for mistakes and rules violations by the host (see 3.3.1. k.).

3.3.Match Execution

3.3.1. Hosting the room

a. The host team must provide a host friend code to the opponent at least 30 minutes before the scheduled time.

i. The opposing team must have at least 1 player add the host FC at least 10 minutes before the scheduled time, every player adding the host on a team at least 10 minutes before the match has to get added by the host within 5 minutes before the scheduled time.

ii. Violation of a. or a.i. will result in a host flag to either team at staffs discretion.
    b. The host must open the room no earlier than the scheduled starting time of the match (2:00 or 3:00 p.m. EST by default) and no later than 5 minutes past the scheduled starting time.

i. The host must “best friend” all of the opposing line-up after he/she has added them. This can be done by clicking on the person in your friends list and clicking "Best Friends"

ii. All the players in the war must also have the host set to best friend

iii. The host must have the room settings to “best friends only”. This can be done by going to your user settings → friend settings → Display online status to: → Best friends only. Note that this means the host must also have all of his/her team mates as best friends as well.

iv. In the case a player not from neither team joins the room, the host must close the room immediately. The hosting team will not have to wait 30 seconds before joining.

v. If the host opens the room ahead of time, the room must be closed and eventually reopened once the scheduled time has been reached. Failure to do so will result in a -7 (-10 for 6v6) points penalty for the hosting team.

vi. If the host fails to open the room within 5 minutes of the scheduled match time, they will receive a -7 (-10 in 6v6) points penalty. If the host fails to open the room within 10 minutes of the scheduled time, they will receive a -14 (-20 in 6v6) penalty. If the host fails to open the room within 15 minutes of the scheduled match time, the hosting team will automatically forfeit the match.

c. Once the room is open, the host must wait until either all players have joined and stayed in the room, or until 10 minutes have passed since the room was opened, whichever comes first.

i. If a team fails to get enough players in the room within 10 minutes after the room opens they receive a -7 (-10 in 6v6) point penalty.

ii. If a team fails to get enough players in room within 15 minutes after the room opens, they forfeit the match by default.​

d. The host must start the room with the settings specified in rule 3.2. c. Failure to do so will result in the room being closed and reopened and the host will receive an individual host flag. Any races played with wrong settings will not count.

e. The match is officially considered started as soon as a GP starts or 5 minutes has passed since the scheduled match time.

f. A race is considered officially started at the end of the track selection roulette once the track to be played has been locked in.

g. Once the match is started (see 3.3.1. e.), the host may not close the room at any point in time without consent from the opposition.

i. If the room is closed without consent from the opposition (which includes the host disconnecting), the host must reopen the room as soon as possible and other players from the hosting team must wait a minimum of 30 seconds before rejoining in order to give the away team spots 2-6. Failure to do so will result in a -14 (-20 in 6v6) points penalty and a host flag (see 3.3.1. i). The only exception to this rule is when rule 3.3.1.b.iv is applied

ii. If the room is closed a second time without consent, the hosting team will receive a -14 (-20 in 6v6) points penalty and a host flag (see 3.3.1. i.).

i. Should disconnections or other hosting-related issues be frequent with a particular player, that player will receive an individual host flag (see 3.3.1. h.).

h. Individual host flags have the following consequences:

- 1st flag: Warning by staff

- 2nd flag: banned from hosting for the next 5 home matches of their team

- 3rd flag: ban from hosting in all MKU competitions

i. Team host flags have the following consequences:

- 1st flag: Warning by staff

- 2nd flag: Opponents get the right to host in the team’s next home match

- 3rd flag: Opponents get the right to host in the team’s next 2 home matches

- 4th flag: Opponents get the right to host in the team’s next 3 home matches

- Further flags will give the same penalty as the 4th flag.

k. In addition, the following players are banned from hosting by default and failure to respect this ban will result in a team host flag (see 3.3.1. k.):

- Players who are flagged due to lag

3.3.2. Player Substitutions

a. Teams may substitute players when needed. Since the subtitute can join trough a teammate, the host does not need to close room.

3.3.3. Disconnections and Player Compensation

a. In 5v5 matches, players who disconnect but whose bot appears on the result screen will receive their bot’s points.

i. For races that are played 4v5 without the disconnected member showing on the results, each of the racers will get +1 to their score and the disconnected player will get +1 to mimic the point results of a 5v5 match..​

b. If a player had a disconnection during a race, their score will still be counted towards their player individuals for the division by default.

i. If a player did not play in at least 7 full races of a war, that war will not count towards their player individuals.​

ii. Players may request to their division admin that races are counted individually in case of disconnections. The DA may comply with this request at their own discretion. Individual race scores must then be provided upon posting the results (see 3.4. c.).​

c. If 3 or more people disconnect before or during a race with at least one from each team, the race does not count.

d. Races that begin with a 2-player differential (see 3.3.1. f.) between teams due to disconnections will not count.

e. Should teams disagree on whether a race should count, or if there is any reasonable doubt as to a race counting, it is mandatory for teams to play an additional race after the match. If two or more races are disagreed upon, then that number of races has to be played in addition to the original 12. It will then be decided by staff which races count.

3.4.Match Results

a. The results of all MKU matches have to be posted by the hosting team in the respective MKU section on the forums by the official deadline. In MKU League the deadline is 11:59 pm EST on Sunday. The deadlines for MKU Circuit and Tournament may vary and must be taken from the respective sections on the forums.

i. Failure to provide results by the deadline will result in the hosting team forfeiting by default.​

ii. If there is no proof for the exact result, but the evidence is presented supporting the outcome of the war, the war may be scored as a forfeit.

iii. The results thread should be named after the following pattern:
    [Week](home team tag) (home team score) – (away team score) (away team tag)​

b. If matches remain incomplete due to a team, not hav1ng enough players left to finish, that team will forfeit the match by default.

i. Should both teams be unable to finish, the war may be scored as a 0-0 tie.

ii. Exceptions can be made and the presented races may be counted as the final result at staff’s discretion.​

c. Results are to be posted in a clearly arranged manner which will allow for the division admins to check and comprehend them as easily as possible. The relevant information to be included upon posting the results thread are:

- overall match score, individual half scores and individual player scores
    - information on disconnections, substitutions and potential penalties
    - Pictures or screenshots which represent all 12 races played
    - Main nicknames of all players who played in the war​

Failure to provide any of these may be penalized at staff’s discretion.

d. If a match is played 6v6 (see 3.2. a. ii.) in a 5v5 tournament, the overall score will be multiplied by 0.707 and all individual scores will be multiplied by 0.849, rounded to whole numbers to represent the scores of a 5v5 match. If a match is played 5v5 in a 6v6 tournament, The overall scores will be multiplied by 1.414 and all individual scores will be multiplied by 1.18, rounded to whole numbers to represent the scores of a 6v6 match.

e. Forfeits in MKU League are scored 100-0 (150-0 in 6v6).

f. Should both teams forfeit the same match, it will be scored as a 0-0 tie and no points will be awarded.

i. A match between two disqualified and/or withdrawn teams will be scored as a 0-0 double forfeit.​

3.5.Mii Names

a. Clan tags must stand in front of your nickname and have to begin in the first spot of the Mii’s name. Failure to do so will result in a -7 (-10 in a 6v6) points penalty for the match.

i. Exceptions can be made if the tag is surrounded by separators (see 3.5. b. i.), in which case the tag itself may start in the second spot of the Mii’s name.

[TAG]Name ✓

♪TAG★Name ✓

★★TAG★Name ×​

b. Tags need to be visibly separated from the nickname using a separator. Failure to honor this rule will result in a -7 (-10 in a 6v6) points penalty for the match.

i. A separator is either a space or any symbol from the “Symbol” page in the Mii maker that does not resemble a letter or number.

TAG Player ✓

TAG☆Player ✓

TAG$Player ×

TAG©Player ×​

ii. No separator is required if the casing of the last letter of the tag does not match the casing of the first letter of the nickname.

ARCanine ✓

svcSoldier ✓

ARCANINE ×

svcsoldier ×​

c. Tags must always use the exact same casing as the official tag the team is registered with for every single character.

d. Players must not use Mii names including anything that is abusive, vulgar, threatening, slanderous, libelous, foul, insulting, obscene, defamatory, racist or otherwise offensive in either a general sense or directed towards particular people. Failure to do so will result in a conduct strike for the respective player (see V. a. i.).

e. Players will not be penalized for violations of rules 3.5. a, b and c. if the incorrect Mii names only showed during the first race of a GP due to the potential lag with which the game records quick-changes of Mii names before GPs.

f. Any penalty regarding Mii names will be recorded only once for the entire match, regardless of how many races the offending player played with the incorrect Mii name, except if this conflicts with rule 3.5. e.

i. Penalties will be recorded separately if the offending player used several incorrect Mii names during the same match.​

IV. Policy against unfair advantages in MKU matches

4.1.Intentional cheating

a. Cheating in MKU matches will be defined as intentionally gaining an advantage (or disadvantage) over other players in a way that does not correspond to normal, intended gameplay. Any cheating in MKU goes against the spirit of the competition and will be penalized depending on form and severity at MKU staff’s discretion.

b. Players must not use any form of hacking or other exploitations in MKU matches, including hacks which might not directly influence gameplay such as texture or music hacks. Breaking this rule will result in the offending player being permanently banned from all MKU competitions and their points in all matches of the current competition will retrospectively be removed.

c. Players caught cheating outside of official MKU matches in public contexts (meaning contexts in which players may be involved and/or affected who never knew about or agreed to a player cheating, such as worldwides or time trial leaderboards), will be permanently banned from all MKU competitions and their points in all matches of the current competition will retrospectively be removed.

d. Teams are responsible for their players. Any demands for mitigation of punishment by the team after one or more of their players are caught cheating with the argumentation that the team did not know about their actions, are invalid.

e. For any cheating penalty to be implemented, evidence in the form of at least one recording of gameplay footage plus another recording of either gameplay footage or MKTV replays from a different perspective must be provided to Staff. Frame data from time trials and other reliable sources of evidence may also be considered.

4.2.Lagging

a. Intentional lagging is considered cheating and will be handled in accordance with rule 4.1. a.

b. Unintentional lagging, mainly caused by slow internet connections or other external factors, may be punished at staff’s discretion if it is deemed so severe that the lagging player or their team may have gained a substantial advantage over their opponents due to the lag and/or if the playing experience for everyone involved was downgraded to an extent that is intolerable for the sake of a healthy and enjoyable competitive environment.

c. Instances of lag will be evaluated and considered either Major or Minor offense by MKU staff. Major offenses will give 2 warning points and minor offenses will give 1 warning point. Accumulating warning points will have the following consequences:

- 1 warning point: player put on a private watchlist
    - 2 warning points: player officially flagged and put on the public list of flagged players
    - 4 warning points with at least one major offense: player banned from MKU​

d. Players using the same internet connection as a player banned for lag are also banned from participating in any MKU competitions.

e. For any lag penalties to be implemented, evidence in the form of at least one recording of gameplay footage plus another recording of either gameplay footage or MKTV replays from a different perspective will be required.

V. Conduct

a. All teams and players for MKU must conduct themselves in a respectful manner to all other players both on the mkboards.com forums as well as on the official MKU Discord server. Failure to do so will result in conduct strikes for either individual players or entire teams:

i. Individual conduct strikes will result in:

-1st offense: 2 week ban

-2nd offense: 5 week ban

-3rd offense: 10 week ban

ii. Team conduct strikes will result in:​

- 1st offense: Flagged​

- 2nd offense: Latest MKU match is changed to a 0-100 forfeit for the team.​

- 3rd offense: Team permanently banned from MKU.​

b. Should teams feel an opposing team showed misconduct in MKU, MKU staff must be informed and provided with evidence if possible.

c. Teams who try to abuse the system by acting to get other teams penalized with malicious intent will be recorded with a conduct strike themselves (see V. a.).

d. For any conduct strike penalty to be implemented, screenshots and chat logs must be provided to MKU staff as evidence upon request.

i. MKU staff will handle all potential conduct violations at their own discretion. Depending on the severity and/or the evidence provided MKU staff reserve the right to disregard the accusation or deem it too minor to penalize.​

ii. The MKU staff will only take into consideration evidence in the MKU setting which includes:

· The MKU Discord Server

· The MKU section on MKBoards

· DM's between the two teams setting up / during the war

iii. The MKU staff will not be dealing with anything outside of its jurisdiction. Anything outside should be brought to the general site staff.

iv. The statute of limitations for proof is 48 hours, anything sent after this time frame will not be considered.​

VI. Policy regarding MKU bans

6.1.Consequences

a.
    Teams banned from MKU due to violations of rule 2.1.1. d. ii. or due to accumulating too many conduct strikes in accordance with rule V. a. ii. are permanently moved to the Previous Teams section and may not participate in any MKU competitions.

b. Players banned from MKU due to violations of any of the above rules may not participate in any MKU competitions and/or matches scheduled during the entire duration of their ban.

i. If a banned player is caught playing in MKU matches, they will be disqualified from the ongoing competition immediately and all their points will be removed.

ii. If a banned player is caught playing MKU matches for a team, their points in the match will be retrospectively removed, the match may be scored as a forfeit for the team at staff‘s discretion and the team will receive a conduct strike (see V. a. ii.).​

c. Players whose MK boards accounts are banned for any length of time are automatically banned from MKU for the exact same time. For information on MK boards rules and bans please refer to this page.

i. Exceptions to this rule will be made for people whose mkboards account is only banned due to COPPA violation.​

6.2.Appeals

a. Players who are permanently banned from MKU have the right to appeal to MKU staff in order to have their ban lifted.

i. Banned players may only appeal if a minimum of 72 hours have passed since they were banned.

ii. Banned players may only appeal once. If an appeal is rejected, the respective player will remain banned permanently. If an appeal is accepted and a player is unbanned, they regain the right to appeal once again in case of a future ban from MKU.​

b. Appeals must be brought to an MKU staff member who then will bring your case to the rest of the staff.

i. In cases of bans due to hacking (see section 4.1.), evidence that the player in question never hacked and that the accusation and ban were unjustified to begin with must be provided upon appealing.​

ii. In cases of bans due to lag (see section 4.2.), evidence that the player in question never lagged to a banworthy extent to begin with or does not lag to the same extent as before any more (i.e. thanks to a new internet connection) must be provided upon appealing. In the latter case, the respective player will be watched playing online by MKU staff on several occasions and a decision will be made once enough evidence has been collected. In case of an unban, the player will be removed from the banlist, but kept on the watchlist with 2 warning points (see 4.2.c.).​

iii. In cases of bans due to conduct strikes (see V. a. i.), evidence that the player‘s ban was unjustified to begin with, or that the player in question changed their behavior and/or has not been misbehavin in the same way for an extended period of time must be provided upon appealing.​

c. Players who are only banned from MKU due to their accounts being banned on MKBoards for reasons unrelated to MKU do not have the right to appeal to MKU staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2017
  2. Teeples

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
    Updates Because of Switch.

General:

• Default wars are played with 2 halves (6 races each) compared to 3 GPs of 4 races and this was changed every time it came up
    • "NNID" was changed to Switch FCs

Hosting:
    • Removed DLC as room settings required as the game automatically loads all 48 tracks
    • Removed players who get disc errors on certain tracks not being able to host as the Switch doesn't use discs
    Additions

I. The host must “best friend” all of the opposing line-up after he/she has added them

Ii. All the players in the war must also have the host set to best friend

Iii. All players in the room must have their user settings set to “best friends only”. This can be done by going to your user settings → friend settings → Display online status to → Best friends only. Note that this means the host must also have all of his/her teammates as best friends as well.

Iv. In the case these rules are violated and a player not from either team joins the room, the host must close the room immediately and any races with said player(s) will not count. The hosting team will not have to wait 30 seconds before joining (Because someone from the opposing team could have had the wrong settings). Hosting flags will be given at staff discretion if it is found out who did not have the proper settings on.

Reasoning: This is put in place to prevent random people from joining war rooms. It also to help prevent people from alting in wars.

Other:
    • Mii Glitch rule removed (Is not a thing in MK8-DX)
    e. Players will not be penalized for violations of rules 3.5. a, b and c. if the incorrect Mii names only showed during the first race of a GP due to the potential lag with which the game records quick-changes of Mii names before GPs.

• Appeals for lag points and conduct bans should be brought to a member of the MKU staff who than will share the case with the team.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  3. Teeples

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
  4. Teeples

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
    You no longer need a picture of your FCs when registering as the host will have to add the friend codes of the opposition.

5. Teeples

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
    Rule Updates:

I. c. Newly registered teams must have at least 8 players registered (Exceptions can be made for teams that have shown to be very reliable) in order to be eligible to participate in MKU competitions (see section 1.2. New Player Registrations and section 1.4. Player Transfers).

3.2 a. The default match size is 5v5.

i.
    Teams who only have 4 players available at the scheduled time must play the match in a 4v5 by default.

ii. Matches may be played as a 6v6 if both teams agree on it.

iii. Teams who have less than 4 players available at the scheduled time automatically forfeit the match.

iv. The team which requested a substitution, whether it is the home or away team, must give the opposing team 30 seconds before rejoining the room in order to grant them spots 2-6, respectively. Failure to do so will result in a -20 points penalty and a host flag for the offending team (see 3.3.1. k.).

3.3.3. Disconnections and Player Compensation

a. Players who disconnect during the match will receive their bot’s points, regardless of when the disconnection happened and how many races or GPs they miss.

i. If more than one player is missing, the total score of the playing bots will be divided by the number of missing players and distributed evenly between both teams. +1 will be added to the bot total if it is not divisible by the number of playing bots.

Match Structure:

c. MKU matches are played with the following settings:

- 150cc (200cc only in the 200cc Division)

- All items (Normal) and coins enabled

- Free choice of characters, vehicles, tires and gliders

- No Teams option, meaning friendly fire is enabled

- No Bots enabled (as the only exception, 6v6 matches have bots turned on)

Multipliers for 6v6 matches:
    d.
    If a match is played 6v6 (see 3.2. a. ii.), the overall score will be multiplied by .707 and all individual scores will be multiplied by .847, rounded to whole numbers to represent the scores of a 5v5 match.

Mii Glitch Rule added back

e. Players will not be penalized for violations of rules 3.5. a, b and c. if the incorrect Mii names only showed during the first race of a Half due to the potential lag with which the game records quick-changes of Mii names before a half.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2017
  6. Teeples

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
    1.1.c.i. If at any point in time an already registered team does not have at least 8 players registered for them, the team may be disqualified from any current MKU competitions and/or moved to the Previous Teams section at staff’s discretion.

Changed to 8 players since that's the minimum requirement now.

1.2.e.v. Switch FC changing or update requests made after 11:59 pm EST on Fridays will not be considered for the current weekend’s MKU matches.

Changed NNID to Switch FC because we missed this earlier.

1.3.a.i. Teams must be officially registered for MKU (see section 1.1.) and have a minimum of 8 players registered (see section 1.2.) in order to declare participation.

Changed to 8 because that's the minimum now needed instead of 10.

3.3.1.c.iv i. If the room is closed without consent from the opposition (which includes the host disconnecting), the host must reopen the room as soon as possible and other players from the hosting team must wait a minimum of 30 seconds before rejoining in order to give the away team spots 2-6. Failure to do so will result in a -20 points penalty and a host flag (see 3.3.1. k.). The only exception to this rule is when rule 3.3.1.c.iv is applied

This part was added to make sure rules 3.3.c.iv and rule 3.3.1.i don't contradict.

7. Rookie

Rookie

• Founding Member
    Team:
    HD
    Forfeits are now 100-0 since 5v5s are the default size. Likewise, rules regarding registry that resulted in -150 have been set back to 100 as well.

8. Teeples

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
    Important Update:

As everyone knows about the DR / Z case. We, the MKU staff all believe that we messed up this case. Because of this incident, we have decided to change how we work on cases like this. Both DR and Z have agreed to have toto and power unbanned as well.

We have decided that we will only deal with matters within our jurisdiction as MKU staff, as these kinds of things are dealt by the general site staff. Therefore we will only be looking into harassment/conduct cases that happened within our jurisdiction (what that includes is listed below). We will also only be giving out team flags for conduct and not individual flags. Problems with individuals should be brought to the site staff and if they deem it is necessary to ban them, that will automatically make them not be able to play MKU (this is why that rule was made in the first place).

This is what the conduct ruleset will be changing to, effective immediately.

V. Conduct

a. All teams for MKU must conduct themselves in a respectful manner to all other players both on the mkboards.com forums as well as on the official MKU Discord server. Failure to do so will result in conduct strikes for either individual players or entire teams:

i. Individual conduct bans will not be given, any malicious attitude by a certain individual should be brought to the general site staff to be taken care of (If they get site banned, they are by default, MKU banned).

ii. Team conduct strikes will result in:

- 1st offense: Flagged

- 2nd offense: Latest MKU match is changed to a 0-100 forfeit for the team.

- 3rd offense: Team permanently banned from MKU.

b. Should teams feel an opposing team showed misconduct in MKU, MKU staff must be informed and provided with evidence if possible.

c. Teams who try to abuse the system by acting to get other teams penalized with malicious intent will be recorded with a conduct strike themselves (see V. a.).

d. For any conduct strike penalty to be implemented, Screenshots and chat logs must be provided to MKU staff as evidence upon request.

i. MKU staff will handle all potential conduct violations at their own discretion. Depending on the severity and/or the evidence provided MKU staff reserve the right to disregard the accusation or deem it too minor to penalize.

ii. The MKU staff will only take into consideration evidence in the MKU setting which includes:

· The MKU Discord Server

· The MKU section on MKBoards

· DM's between the two teams setting up / during the war

iii. The MKU staff will not be dealing with anything outside of its jurisdiction. Anything outside should be brought to the general site staff.

iv. The statute of limitations for proof is 48 hours, anything sent after this time frame will not be considered.

We apologize for any problems this case may have caused, but it's all a process to make it a better future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.