1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can click here to download a zip file conaining WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

MKBoards: Questions & Answers

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by Savannah, Dec 12, 2016.

1. ~Maidvelia❤~

~Maidvelia❤~ Red Like Roses WL Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    U★, GE
    Wiimmfi FC:
    4297-4674-3102
    @CozmicGold @☆Sσπίc338☆ Read that, best description around of what a sub-clan/PUG is.

Thank you Eric, solid post.

2. ☆Sσπίc338☆

☆Sσπίc338☆

Team:
    Alliance Hacks
    Wiimmfi FC:
    3184-2780-9426
    Thank you so much! This is so useful to anyone starting a new clan! You guys should make a thread 'guide to competitive MKW' with the rules, ways to get competitive and other important stuff!:D

3. ~Maidvelia❤~

~Maidvelia❤~ Red Like Roses WL Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Team:
    U★, GE
    Wiimmfi FC:
    4297-4674-3102
    I've had that idea on the backburner for awhile, I am just not confident in my articulation skills.

4. ☆Sσπίc338☆

☆Sσπίc338☆

Team:
    Alliance Hacks
    Wiimmfi FC:
    3184-2780-9426
    Well, you can do it the way you (and the staff(if they wonna help)) feel comfortable.

5. Rookie

Rookie

• Founding Member
    Team:
    HD
    I agree whole heartedly, but I think that any efforts to go back are simply not going to work at this point. There's too much backlash. I am glad that at least for MK8 teams the league prevents subs from playing, but still they are a bit of a problem in general because they still take value away from teams and can make them more inactive outside of league play.

The only thing incorrect is the point about sponsors. Mew2King, another one of the top players in Melee, was sponsored by 2 different teams for at least an entire year I think (MVG, COG) but even then there is still a major difference between a sponsor team and a esports clan. The obvious difference is that sponsors are about the brand, and there's money and contracts involved which help contribute to the players ability to travel a ton and make a living in esports. It's not like in Melee, a 1v1 style game, that you play different tournaments with different teams. In the MK community subclans obviously are just a socially acceptable of way of justifying joining multiple teams.

6. Eric

Eric #AnimeRight

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    Play It Loud
    Switch FC:
    0022-0027-5937
    I stand corrected; I had no idea Mew2King was sponsored by two teams at once, though that obviously isn't the case anymore. The reason I brought up Melee is because—on more than one occasion—I've heard people here claim that Mario Kart Wii is the "Melee of Mario Kart", when that clearly isn't the case for a number of reasons. People play competitive Melee for money, while people play competitive MKW for... fun, I guess. The fact remains that this is the only community I've been in that not only allows multi-clanning, but brazenly encourages it. It is a major problem that has gone unaddressed for far too long. The time to address it was four years ago, but Pyro et al were terrified of backlash. And so began their effort to rebrand sub-clans as pickup groups, which only exacerbated the problem.

~Maidvelia❤~ likes this.
  7. CozmicGold

CozmicGold

Team:
    ΔC, αH
    Switch FC:
    SW-8014-0732-6625
    Wiimmfi FC:
    0907-9459-6551
    What is the max amount of players for a team? I have 5 people and if all players going for trials make it, then there will be more than 6.
    (Clan for MK8D, MK7, and MKWii).

8. Nozzles

Nozzles I'll pretend to be happy Staff Member

• Administrator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Wiimmfi FC:
    0177-8005-5950
    There's no real maximum for the amount of players on a team. The only rule that we really try to enforce is a minimum amount: 6 for MK8D, 4 for MK7, and 5 for MKW. The reason for this is because that is usually the amount used for a typical war in each respective game, such as a 5v5 in MKW. However, this rule does not apply to teams which focus on small matches, such as 2v2-only, etc.

The only thing I can tell you is, while there is no real maximum amount of players, you should still try to keep it in moderation. A team which becomes too large has a very high chance of crumbling, whereas a team of 10-15 stays much more intact and lasts. This also helps you become familiar with the people you are playing with, as the pool of players available is more condensed. This will increase the strength of your team, rather than playing with new people all the time and gaining no team-chemistry with each other.

~Maidvelia❤~ likes this.
  9. CozmicGold

CozmicGold

Team:
    ΔC, αH
    Switch FC:
    SW-8014-0732-6625
    Wiimmfi FC:
    0907-9459-6551
    Do my contact details show if I register the details? I have registered my 3DS FC and Discord but I don't see them when I click on my profile!! Can someone please help me?

10. Nozzles

• Administrator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Wiimmfi FC:
    0177-8005-5950
    You are able to see any contact details that you have set on the "Information" tab on your profile page. I see both your 3DS FC and Discord.

11. CozmicGold

CozmicGold

Team:
    ΔC, αH
    Switch FC:
    SW-8014-0732-6625
    Wiimmfi FC:
    0907-9459-6551
    Oh, cool. Thanks.

12. Exonz

Exonz

Wiimmfi FC:
    0521-3990-1924
    @Nozzles Can I be a MKBoards Supporter by giving a 10€ PaysafeCard ?

13. Nozzles

• Administrator
    • MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Wiimmfi FC:
    0177-8005-5950
    Currently PayPal is the only payment option we have for Supporter. I don't believe you would be able to purchase it using that method.