1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask a member of site staff!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can click here to download a zip file containing WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

How To Make MK7 Custom Tracks [Full Guide]

Discussion in 'Modding' started by DarkFlare, Nov 2, 2015.

1. DarkFlare

DarkFlare

• Founding Member

Enjoy. It's 1 and a half hours, so you need time and motivation.

FinalFight, Wolf, Jozeph and 2 others like this.
  2. KingAkira

KingAkira

Team:
    Rsι♦
    Good job. This'll come in useful for a lot of people. Two things I want to ask though
    1.) Is the only way to get textures with transparency working through hex editing?
    2.) What would be the reason for the lag on the track you made? Is it because the textures you used were too detailed?

3. DarkFlare

DarkFlare

• Founding Member
    MK7 is dead, but I wish it was active.
    You have to use a MAYA plugin to make BCMDL files, but Autodesk obviously didn't spend a lot of time on MAYA because the installation for the newest version fails and they never bother to fix it.

Having a very detailed model (lots of vertices, etc) could cause lag.

4. Nicola

Nicola

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    HD
    Thanks for the work you put into this. Hopefully people will give it a try.

DarkFlare likes this.
  5. DarkFlare

DarkFlare

• Founding Member
    No problem, I hope to make an updated one someday if the original CT makers stop being so selfish and actually share information with others. This is why the MK7 community is failing - no one releases info. There are plenty of MKWii CT tutorials and lots of tools. But for MK7, none of the good CT creators release info. CTs kept MKWii alive to this day

[/rant]

KingAkira, Nicola and Jackson V like this.
  6. Rookie

Rookie

• Founding Member
    Team:
    HD
    At the moment I'm incredibly busy with school and for free time I have other stuff I would like to do first, and starting these projects would be simply way too demotivating for me personally. However, I'd be willing to promote this in anyway I can if you guys made a CT distribution or something. By the end of 2011 I was pretty burnt out on MKW, but CTs actually kept me playing for a bit because they were just a completely new twist, and though I'm significantly more active on MK8 right now I would love to get to play CTs on this game with friends or even just anyone who'd like to play. I have a lot of connections with the MK7 community in general right now I guess since I ran the old league / did Players Page news and stuff, so if you guys had any projects started I could let people know relatively easily.

I'm guessing you are a member already, but if not you could try going to dshack.org if you aren't there already, I believe a few other MK7 mod'ers are over there and maybe you guys could work on a project together. Additionally, what do you need to run CTs? An action replay? Just a SD card? I'm completely lost with how all this works, so if you could shine some light on that for me that would be fantastic information to know.

Highly enjoy what I've seen from some of the ports I've seen of other retro tracks so far by the way. Many of them look better than the early MKW retro ports, so keep it up. Would be really exciting to play some day!

7. DarkFlare

DarkFlare

• Founding Member
    Yes, I'm on DSHack.org. MKWii was boring for me after I could beat a decent ammount of people legit, so I started hacking and coding. CTGP was very fun.

We do have a ROM hack, but going back to my old post, people don't have any tutorials on how to make a GOOD CT, so there's only a few tracks. I was the original creator but gave it to pablohack&glitch who knows what hes doing a lot more. My videos are outdated, so check here: https://youtube.com/channel/UCAyogehMGR6I9X0iXGRuenA

To use it, it runs on any firmware past 4.3. LayeredFS (4.3 to 9.2) is my preferred method, but HANS (9.3 - 10.2) also works. I'm pretty sure he has an installation video on his channel. CFW also works, or if you want to spend $60 on a Gateway, that works too.

8. Rookie

Rookie

• Founding Member
    Team:
    HD
    Hopefully you guys can get to 32 CTs, I'm sure that would make it more interesting to play.

So from what I understand, it's a ROM, so you don't need to have MK7 in the 3DS to play it?

Also, I know almost nothing, so you'll have to explain things very very clearly to me - how do you install and run this on your 3DS?

9. DarkFlare

DarkFlare

• Founding Member
    Hopefully, someday.

It can be distributed either way - as a ROM or as a patch for LayeredFS or HANS. Those are equivalent to Riivolution.

Easiest way and works on updated 3DS's: Install hax2.5 (Find a tutorial) and then download the CTGP-7 channel.

10. MKGirlism

MKGirlism

WTF?!
    Could you just stop spreading your propaganda lies all over the place?

Maya doesn't Install FOR YOU, it doesn't mean it doesn't Install for anyone.
    Don't even get me started about the sharing information part, we actually shared a lot of information over the last 14 months!

The real thing is, you ask MK7-specific questions to MKDS Hackers, obviously they can't help you, because MKDS and MK7 are 2 completely different Games.
    Our MK7 Help Section has been booming, since HANS came out, and provided as much information as possible to almost everyone, so far.

As for the Tools:
    http://store.dshack.org/index.php?/category/4-tools/
    4 MK7 Tool Downloads, of which some include bunch of Tools, plus EFE, plus KMP Expander (which will be Released soon).
    In addition, a lot of Information can be found on either the Archive, or on the already mentioned Help Section.

11. DarkFlare

DarkFlare

• Founding Member
    Im not, it's mostly the truth. Obviously I Googled it, and everyone says disable Antivirus, but that doesn't work. Some say rename files, etc..

I'll go there and ask how to make a KMP if that's the only way.

12. MKGirlism

MKGirlism

Oh, you Pirate Maya?
    Then no wonder, Autodesk doesn't want to "fix" it!
    But when it comes to stealing Software, you're on your own.

Really, it's like saying, "I stole a car, but the owner doesn't want to give me their keys".

13. DarkFlare

DarkFlare

• Founding Member
    Who the fuck said I pirated it? Read my post again...

14. KingAkira

KingAkira

Team:
    Rsι♦
    Shit going down. Anyway, just hurry up with the kmp editor release please.

15. MKGirlism

MKGirlism

Saying that you need to disable AntiVirus, or rename some Files says more than enough.
    If you'd really get it from Autodesk (or its Resellers), you wouldn't need any of these actions.

KMP Expander is developed by Ermelber, not me, so I don't have any influence on it.

16. DarkFlare

DarkFlare

• Founding Member
    I forgot the specific error but on the autodesk support it says to disable AV and rename stuff. I downloaded it from the official autodesk site.

17. StormDestruction

StormDestruction

Team:
    Rocking Shells
    Great Job With The Guide! It really helps

18. xSpade24

xSpade24

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Mτ - Mulτιvεrsε
    Might make my own when I find my 3DS