1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask a member of site staff!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can click here to download a zip file containing WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

Important How is everyone enjoying the current meta?

Discussion in 'Help, Information, & News' started by Dragmirejr, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Rookie

Rookie

• Founding Member
    Team:
    HD
    Patch may be changing some opinions coming up, just a note. Catch up items are a bit more common now, it seems.

2. Dydy

Dydy

Team:
    My nigga
    Personally, both formats I like, although I find a bit rough the 6v6 but np. The problem is that for large teams to find 6 players will be easy unlike smaller teams in lower division for example, just see the pre season games, a lot of Team could not find even 5 players. After the pre-season was the beginning, I hope the community will grow.

In any case it is impossible that it pleases to everyone

3. Vegih

Vegih

Team:
    Final Emblem
    5v5 please. 6v6 NO.

V0LuG likes this.
  4. Ceci☆

Ceci☆

• MKBoards Supporter
    Team:
    OB (Obvious Brilliance)
    Really interesting thread... I don't feel I have much I can really contribute that would be useful tbh bc I (and really OB) are quite new to the competitive community and to mk really, so we haven't experienced as much as many here. But here are some thoughts...

From a logistics point of view it would be hard for us to confirm 6 players every week bc OB is small. But that's not to say we can't recruit more, so the solution isn't all hopeless there - but like anyone knows it's about getting the right player.

We only played 5v5 in the pre season tourney which was fine for us, but again it was our first time so nothing to compare it to. We did enjoy it even tho we do prefer a full lobby 6v6 format.

I liked how there was always the option for 6v6 though if both teams could/wanted. The 5v5 does make it more feasible for smaller teams to participate but it can be a bit "quiet" too, so it's a double edged sword. There were a few times where we did find ourselves in the bottom half as the team we played were very good. And as Tyler says we couldn't even catch up with items or item distribution to break the group run in front. That's always frustrating ofc but that's not necessarily the fault of the meta format as much as it is the fault of racing a team that is beyond our skill as a clan - which was always going to happen bc there's no divisions yet and that was the whole point of the pre season;)

I'm not sure if any of that helps. If we are going to be changing the format though would be great to have some indication so smaller teams like ours can start recruiting with bit more urgency lol :)

Thanks

Dragmirejr likes this.
  5. 0mega

0mega

Team:
    UU
    looking for a mk8 not mk8dx 3v3 war if yall still play both games