1. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask a member of site staff!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. You can click here to download a zip file containing WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with custom RR7 music?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Starwort, May 21, 2017.

1. Starwort

Starwort

I'm trying to insert Calamari Inkantation (Splatoon music) over RR7's music, but it keeps crashing after 4-6 seconds of gameplay, after cutting out at 2-3 seconds. Does anyone have any idea why (My file is multi-channel, and is smaller than the original. I am using NTR and CTGP-7. I inserted the STRM_RAINBOW_ROAD_N.bcstm file to the same place as the other sound files (F:\CTGP-7\gamefs\Sound\stream). Is there another file I need to edit, or am I doing something wrong? Additionally, I see that some of CTGP-7's music is larger than the original, so can I do that as well?

BCSTM files:
    Here

Thanks in advance for any and all help :).

2. Mence

Mence

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Σ:3 Radical Cats
    Rainbow Road is a multi-channel track. It uses 4 channels, so you will need to create 4 audio channels in Audacity. Similar to MKW's multi-channel BRSTM's.

3. Starwort

Starwort

I have 4 channels (2 streams = 4 channels) -- That's why I included a link to the BCSTMs.

Thanks anyway though!

I am slightly noobish at this, but not that noobish! (I already found that bit on here ;))

ALSO: I won't be able to respond for about 5 days :/
    When I come back I might see a few helpful comments!

EDIT: Now back!

Additional - what does the ctr_dash.bcsar file in the /Sound folder (I think, not looking at the filesystem atm Looked at the gamefs folder of CTGP-7) do? Is that a required patch for cbgm (custom background music)? (Like MKWii's revo_kart.brsar file, that needed to be patched for longer songs)

Last edited: May 29, 2017