1. Moderator Applications are open! Find out about this, along with a number of other updates, here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a supporter that wants to change your forum name? Just ask an administrator or moderator with a sparkly name!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Beto's been working hard updating the homepage, and has also made a new app for league results! Please check the announcement for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. You can click here to download a zip file conaining WCL and PL standings/schedules. We will update the file once we've managed to gather (if possible) all the data about IL and MKL.
    Dismiss Notice

Global Council

Discussion in 'WL Discussion' started by laki, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Tommy

Tommy forever young

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Reputation and MKW? What am I Taylor Swift?

Ash, TK64, Zach627 and 3 others like this.
  2. laki

laki sulle gambe

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    βλ / GROS
    If what MZ says is correct, we can definitely blame the host since if you look at my gif again, you can see kirito's mii go out of the map and stop. His net probably died for a millisecond and it was enough to make us disappear from the room. I'm expecting the council to make the right decision this time.

xSpade24 likes this.
  3. Melvin

Melvin

• Founding Member

"fl top three break" ye no

4. rubified

rubified

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Kirito was right next to eon and i in top 3 but he lagged off the map on laki/iouls' screens

mace, Teeples, MZ and 1 other person like this.
  5. Melvin

Melvin

• Founding Member
    that explains it indeed

6. MZ

MZ WL Staff

• WL Staff
    Team:
    FL
    Kirito stopping on lakis screen isn't really proof of anything since we already know they were disconnecting at that moment. It's likely that on kiritos screen, laki lagged off as well.

BlueShadow likes this.
  7. Trevor.

Trevor. WL Staff

• WL Staff
    said it before n ill say it again race needed to be replayed, the way the discussion was handled the first time around honestly disappointed me to see, so im glad this is still something being discussed. room splits were not addressed in dc rules for the longest time and still are not, and when they clearly arent the same and no one has proof that they are, why are they being treated the same. my head hurts and i am jetlagged but i will not budge on my decision to replay. idk why its not hard to just be cool about it and replay the race anyways, its not a huge deal.

Agger, Jazz, Dugo and 1 other person like this.
  8. laki

laki sulle gambe

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    βλ / GROS
    It's been 4 days now that the issue is being discussed, shoutout to FL for being the team with the less sportsmanship in the history of Mario Kart, all we're asking for is to play one fucking race since I think we deserve it considering we were up the entire war (+36 before VS4). I'm sure every team would've replayed the race (including myself, we were fine not counting r1 vs 69). I'm still seeing FL saying that we were too far away to catch up but keep in mind that shock was not in play, blues were not in play and had perfect spots and the track has multiple scs. Just look at where Melvin is on your screens, he came back and broke your breakway. Everything was possible. If you're the best team, just replay the race and win it.

Agger, Ash, Jazz and 7 others like this.
  9. rubified

rubified

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    yes, and flaming the staff and throwing a tantrum lasting for 4 days because you don't get what you want is very sportsmanlike, right? while it's in your rights to do it, you've handled it extremely childishly and i can't believe some of the things you're spewing, probably should've let someone else in your team to handle this all. besides, none of FL is even part of the decision making that's taking all this time, so why are you calling us out? we're simply defending ourselves because it's in our rights as well.

as for the vs4 race, roy got shock, melvin only caught up because i got backspammed mid-air by kirito and got a tc after that. had iouls not dc'd, he would've been there with me and melvin in 3,4,5 but without like 3 blues you were not breaking top 2, calculate the chances of that for all i care. you were in competition for the bonus point maybe, but is all this worth doing for a bonus point? i don't know, you tell me.

Quinten, Tzuzu, Spinning 9 and 8 others like this.
  10. PhoenixRiku

PhoenixRiku WL Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    • WL Staff
    Are you trying to milk likes or are you actually this dense? Council works like this: Teams involved cannot vote on the matter. Meaning FL is the only people that cannot vote on this. So you are literally saying FL is forcing council members including those that are in favor of you to delay voting. When I tell a council member that is on your side to make the rule on Monday and it takes them about 30 hours to do it, damn FL corruption. When an FL member makes the most quality post defending GROS, FL corruption. I pray for your sake you are just trying to milk MKBoards likes. You are literally still going on about something that is being so ungodly slow because the people on your side are taking forever.

Eon, Fruitz, BlueShadow and 4 others like this.
  11. MZ

MZ WL Staff

• WL Staff
    Team:
    FL
    I 100% understand where FL is coming from in not wanting to replay the race. They had top 3 breakaway and shock on a track with two decent sized cannons, who do you think was going to win the race? FL looks at it as unfair to them that the race will go back to being a 50/50 chance, when frankly even before you guys disconnected, they were practically guaranteed to win the race with their spots.

Quinten, Jeff, mace and 1 other person like this.
  12. Fruitz

Fruitz capsule corp. WL Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • WL Staff
    Sometimes good things come to those who are patient. Also this telling us to go faster is coming from the team that delayed a match last season because one of their teammates went on vacation, sooo...

Quinten likes this.
  13. BlueShadow

BlueShadow Sorry not sorry

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    FL
    I bet they blame Flouncil for their decisions to go on vacation. And it was flouncil who flew the plane back. In the end flouncil ruins everything.

Is this how I get people to support me?
    #Flouncil'd again

14. Melvin

Melvin

• Founding Member
    three members were on vacations tho, you need to try harder with your sarcasms, but i give you a solid 2/10 (at least you tried)

15. Fruitz

Fruitz capsule corp. WL Staff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • WL Staff
    You're... not helping your guys case by telling me more than one was on vacation...

16. Melvin

Melvin

• Founding Member
    That was a thing that was well known since even before last season started. You guys were fully aware we could not make playoffs until x time, yet you chose to take it as a joke since we kinda memed about it afterwards.
    But that's a story for another time.

17. Teeples

Teeples http://i.imgur.com/wZdLxlV.jpg

• Founding Member
    Team:
    Arcadia
    Switch FC:
    2469-5952-8199
    The teams during the war should have replayed it then with it of course having to be the same track (or agree to play a race 13, don't need a staff member figure these things out tbh). It is unfortunate for FL that this room split happened when they put themselves in an advantageous position.

No one's to blame really though, not FL or the council (assuming FL council members didn't vote or pressure votes that is which I'm entitled to believe unless shown otherwise). I can see why people would think of this as a disconnection and why it was ruled that way, two people from one team lost connection to the room, even tho the method of the disconnection was abnormal. The community also has no right to blame the staff for room splits not being in the rules as there's a rule suggestion thread and the community has a major influence on the ruleset, always has, always will. Rules usually get added after a scenario arises that shows one is needed like this. Assuming one gets added, need to make sure it clearly states the differences between normal dcs and these or else people will argue their dc was a room split, id they are treated differently, that is.

P.S. fuck mobile, got a lot more to say when home tonight, a different angle on what I think the root of all problems are.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  18. laki

laki sulle gambe

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    βλ / GROS
    There isn't a single week where the staff takes the wrong decision. Just look again at their poor decision between Bc and Mw, they needed the entire community to complain once again to finalize the score. Do you want this to happen every week? Staff is not competent and besides telling them the truth right to their face, there isn't another way to make them think about how they operate.

Please refer to my first post for that kind of bullshit, I've heard again that FL members in the council kept arguing, in their favor of course, in the staff chat. What about us? How do you want us to argue if you keep doing that in a private chat so no one can contradict what you say? Is that fair to us?

First of all, Roy was not holding shock when we left the room.
    Here's your screenshot:
    To access to this part of the track, you have to trigger OOB and as far as I know, you lose your item.
    Maybe he got it towards the end when it was over, when shock didn't matter since Thomas was trying to beat him and get the extra point.
    You just gave us another reason why we could've caught up to the pack, you got backspammed by your team for some reason, how can you be sure that you would've avoided it if we were there? 3 blues is also possible, it happened again this week between BA and ut, ut got 4 blues in one lap of BC64 and I think 3 of the blues were from the same guy. Doesn't always happen but sometimes, it does. The chances of all of this happening are not very likely but you can't affirm that we had no chances of catching up and thus replay the race to be as fair as possible to both teams.

I don't know who's more dense like you say between us two because I already said what I think about this matter in my first post. I'm not asking people to like my post, the ones liking my post are on my side and think that the race should be replayed. I don't know if you noticed but only your team is liking your post as well as a few other people that are heartbroken about what could've happened between me or oylumo and them.

I was not blaming the staff in my last post but FL for not agreeing with us to replay one race after 4 days of drama. You could save us so much time, not only oylumo but also yourself as well as the staff. I don't think the staff will refuse if you accept already to play the race.

Again, shock was not in play when we were there, Roy probably got it at the end when Thomas gave up since you can only get it in 8th in a 8 player room whereas you can get it in 9th in a 10 player room.
    It was not 100% over for us, definitely not without shock in play with two decent sized cannons like you said so I don't see why it should be treated as if it actually was. FL can think it's unfair to them but FL was not the only team in that war in case you forgot, it was not fair to us either and sorry to say but it is way worse on our side. To make it as fair as possible, we'd have to play on the exact same track with the spots we had when we started, which I can provide. If FL thinks they're the only ones thinking it is unfair, they're just selfish.

Again I was not asking the staff to go faster, it doesn't really matter the time it takes since we probably won't be able to play before this weekend, if we get to replay the race. I also was not playing for GROS last season but GROS was not the only team to blame there since FL2 rescheduled semi finals by 2 weeks, knowing that GROS wouldn't be able to play. (I was in the chat and remember them telling FL, right after W10)

Trevor., Agger, Ash and 3 others like this.
  19. Jeff

Jeff

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Is there even a proof that the room split and if it was not people turning their consoles off after one of their team dc'd? (All I've seen was 2 people that were left alone in a room due to the split)

If there is no proof for that, then replaying should not even be taken into consideration, apart from the fact that FL had the race pretty much in the bag already before the room ''split''.

Kirito/Ty likes this.
  20. laki

laki sulle gambe

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    βλ / GROS
  21. rubified

rubified

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    regardless it's funny to see you even talk about sportsmanship looking at how you've behaved during all this time. insulting the staff and swearing while trying to convince them is pretty counterintuitive, not to mention the sheer amount of hypocrisy, belittling and victim playing in each and every one of your posts. it's also funny to see you throw the word "bias" around since you completely fail to see our side of the whole argument and instead you either ignore it or try to twist it and act as if you're justice itself and we're completely wrong.

yeah, that's what you have dugo and acid in rt council for so you can use them to affect ct council's decisions. you also have this thread. you have several ways to get your voice out there, and it has been way louder than FL's has. FL is not a part of the decision making, and we have just as much power over it as you guys have.

none of this matters, what matters is that roy got shock, you didn't. you only had the possibility of getting 3 or more blues to even have any hope of winning that race. i never said i could've avoided it if you were there, im saying 1 of you (2 would've if iouls didn't dc) caught up to me because of that and the tc, but only to me, not to kirito and eon. you were almost certainly not winning that race, and saying you had even a chance without insane luck is only a lie to yourself, and others, in order to get the race replayed. you could've got the bonus point, but as i stated before, would this all be worth a bonus point? i personally don't think so

EDIT:

about those 3 blues

Quinten, mace and SkinsNation like this.
  22. laki

laki sulle gambe

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    βλ / GROS
    Do you know what sportsmanship is? I have all the reasons in the world to be angry and you seem to not understand. I also didn't insult the staff, I just stated the fact that they are not competent enough to be where they are right now. I think this is the second time you mention my hypocrisy yet I still can't tell where and you didn't even quote anything. My team is the victim here yes so I don't see how that sounds funny. I also didn't ignore your side as I said in my last post it was maybe not fair for you but it definitely wasn't for us. What would be the best solution? Give something to both, I would like to say equally fair but you did have an advantage during the race but there is nothing I can do, you can't exclude either the possibility of all of this happening because of your host capabilities.

Dugo and Acid have been arguing too since then but they're not the only 2, are you only mentioning them because they're in one of my clans? They are not in oylumo, they did not participate in the war and didn't follow the drama from the beginning. This thread would be more useful if everything was said there and not in x amount of chats. The staff voting is also not saying anything there while they can reply to everything on discord, where we can't access. We have no idea of what's going on.

I don't think you got my point, the bagger has to risk a box in 9th just like RR, giving the opportunity to the other bagger to get a box in last. You can't say Thomas had no chance of getting it in 9th. Roy got shock and we didn't I get it, but if we were still in the room, it would've been different, probably.

I've never said that I was able to catch up without luck, I don't know where you read that. You just can't predict luck, it could've been way worse than 3 blues considering the length of the track, you just don't know. @the tc thing, you could've gotten 3 tcs if we were there, who knows?

edit: just noticed you edited, sorry to say that it doesn't mean anything, a pow, a bomb, a red or even shock and your blue is gone.

edit2: if a bonus point is nothing, why play the last 3-4 weeks since you can't get first anymore overall? If someone is 80 years old and gets put in jail for something he didn't do and will be sentenced to death soon, is he going to say "whatever I'm old I'm going to die soon anyway"? no....

edit3: flairy got the blue after we dc'd

Agger and Jazz like this.
  23. Tyler

Tyler

• MKBoards Supporter
    • Founding Member
    Team:
    NY
    change your avatar

Ash, Tzuzu and OneRoyOne like this.
  24. Fruitz